Elite Spec: Ascended Wep Collection (Bug?)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DroolingDawg.9637

DroolingDawg.9637

I have T4 Nuhoch mastery for stealth detection. While wandering around I came across a Treasure Mushroom and killed it (and funny enough ppl gave me weird emotes cuz they couldn’t see what I was attacking). It dropped the invisible mushroom spore that is required for the ascended weapon collections for elite specializations. At the very least, the same mushroom is required for the dragonhunter bow, druid staff, and herald shield (these are all the spec’s I’ve currently unlocked on my toons. I have not unlocked more yet, but I suppose I will later to check if it is the same across them all).

When I looted this mushroom, it only applied to one, which in this case was the dragonhunter bow. I wanted it mainly for the herald shield as I am focusing on revenant currently. I submitted a bug report and a ticket to support, who told me I should post on the forums to see if anyone else has this issue and that they couldn’t fix it.

Is this working as it is intended? I think it is silly if every weapon requires the same item and it is randomly applied to one at a time. In my opinion, it should apply to all of them, but at the very least let me choose which collection it is unlocked in… I don’t know if the mushrooms are particularly rare or not—I’ve only seen one. It will be obnoxious if they are and I now have to hunt for several hoping it unlocks in the right collection.

At anyrate, the GM suggested this so people having the same issue can speak out. May as well list any other issues with these collections that you are having so we get it compiled in one area. Please keep it limited to issues specifically with the collection requirements for the ascended version of elite spec weapons.

Posted by: Reavth.4825

Reavth.4825

May i ask in what zone and whereabouts you found this guy? been trying to find him for my Scrapper? Would really appreciate if you could help a brother out

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Did you kill the mushroom with your Dragonhunter / Guardian? Perhaps, like the stealth gliding mastery, it requires you to do something specifically with the class that the collection is for.

That’d be my only guess as to the cause, anyway. And if that is indeed the case, it may be intentional and just left out of the collection tooltips.

If not, though… yah, sounds like a bug perhaps.

Posted by: Chibii.3698

Chibii.3698

where about did you find one… ive been looking for the last 2 days

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

I can confirm this is a bug and the achievement does not complete properly.

Was on my elementalist yesterday and I killed the treasure musbroom and got the collections item. However only the Warrior ascended weapon collection received credit, the Mesmer, guardian, and elementalist ascended weapon collection received no credit (despite them ALL requiring it).

Hope a fix is made

Posted by: Chibii.3698

Chibii.3698

I don’t think its a bug. When your doing the Glider mastery requirement you need to be on the specific class for the achievement to get the update towards the collection. It’s likely you need to kill the treasure mushroom on the specific class that correlates to the specialization collection.

side note; Where did you find your treasure mushroom? been looking around for a few days now to no avail.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I don’t think its a bug. When your doing the Glider mastery requirement you need to be on the specific class for the achievement to get the update towards the collection. It’s likely you need to kill the treasure mushroom on the specific class that correlates to the specialization collection.

But they said they’d killed it on the elementalist, and it got credited to the warrior collection, which really doesn’t make sense.

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

side note; Where did you find your treasure mushroom? been looking around for a few days now to no avail.

I killed it on my elementalist and only received credit for the warrior collection. Hope this bug is fixed.

Found it on the tangled map (in a field with multiple veteran bristleback mobs, whatever they’re called). It runs around and takes a lot of damage to kill.

Posted by: Mazarox.9821

Mazarox.9821

Exactly same thing happened to me. Finally found one, and it went towards mesmer shield not Scrapper hammer :/

Posted by: Mazarox.9821

Mazarox.9821

I have manage to find somewhat of a fix. When I first got my ‘Invisible Mushroom Spore’ it didn’t count towards scrapper, it counted towards chronomancer instead, not good. I proceeded to find another treasure mushroom and kill it again in hopes i just had to collect multiple and it in fact wasn’t bugged. That didn’t work the second kill just dropped nothing. I killed it a third time but before engaging I destroyed the ‘Invisible Mushroom Spore’ that was in my inventory. The third time it dropped another spore and it went into the correct collection. I will provide screenshot of the location I found my treasure mushroom below, all three kills were there however I would hop server.

Attachments:

Posted by: Perses God.4621

Perses God.4621

Same thing happened to me on my elementalist, killed the treasure mushroom (found it thanks to Mazarox’s screenshot ) and the item went into my warrior collection. I tried killing it several times, nothing dropped for a second time, no collections updated. Tried deleting the item, have killed the treasure mushroom 3 times since deleting it and get nothing.

It just another thing that is bugged with collections, and the tempest collection is full of them..looking at you machined warhorn that SHOWS TWICE in our collection, instead of our shoulder piece we get from fully unlocking the elite spec. Just got to wait until they fix all these bugs I guess.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There’s also that funny “kill mossman in the 1-20 fractal levels difficulty range with 80% healing reduction” requirement for ad infinitum, where the first mossman fractal is at level 21.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Eliecc.6518

Eliecc.6518

Can also confirm that this is still bugged. Playing my reaper when I managed to kill a Treasure Mushroom, and the Spore unlocks for the Chronomancer … Second time killing the Treasure Mushroom nothing drops.
This is so annoying. This combined with the no rewards from map completion has just killed this achieve for me.

—Edit—

I don’t agree with this method or bug of having to get a new Spore for each class, but after a little research and playing with this a little more. I have discovered the following;
1: When gaining an Invisible Mushroom Spore it will apply to the elite specs you have unlocked in alphabetical order. Mine for example was Chrono -> DD-> DH -> Reaper
2: You can only gain the Spore once from each Treasure Mushroom per day.

The folks over on Reddit have kindly put together a rough idea of the spawn locations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qtowy/treasure_mushroom_locations/

(edited by Eliecc.6518)

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

There’s also that funny “kill mossman in the 1-20 fractal levels difficulty range with 80% healing reduction” requirement for ad infinitum, where the first mossman fractal is at level 21.

First swamp fractal is lvl 2 not 21…

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Ashreon.2840

Ashreon.2840

This ain’t bugged. It’s just a DAILY QUEST. I repeat. Not a bug.

Anyhow, there are 3 Mushrooms. You can do EACH once a day for your achievement collection for a total of 3 items.

Tangled Depths – Grub Pits
Auric Basin – Weeping Glade
Verdant Brink – Treacherous Paths.

Posted by: Darkel.3760

Darkel.3760

There’s actually a 4th in Dragon’s Stand. I believe the Meta has to have succeeded for it to appear, unfortunately I was getting chased by a massive mob so couldn’t remember where it was. If someone else remembers please share.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

First swamp fractal is lvl 2 not 21…

Point. I have noticed after i wrote that that the swamp fractal is not fixed at each level as it was supposed to be, and did get mossman at my next try.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Also confirming that I killed a Mushroom on my Necro and got the item which gave credit to my Mesmers collection. I know I’ll have to kill them again for my other collections but if this is working as intended it’s not right and needs to change.

Posted by: mikey.9432

mikey.9432

I’ve gotten credit for yggdrasil twice now bug?