Elite Spec Icons.

Elite Spec Icons.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Curious if this could ever be a thing. When I first read about Elite Specs I recall someone saying something along the lines of when someone asks your class; you wouldn’t say Ranger. You would would answer “Druid” if spec’d into it.

I know this is trivial and not very important but personally I’d like for the class icon to change when I am spec’d into an elite.

Anyone else feel like this could be a really neat addon?

Elite Spec Icons.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Anet has said that elite specs change your profession icon and profession name. We haven’t actually seen this in game yet but it should be there at launch.

Elite Spec Icons.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Yes, they stated that elite specs are suposed to be so changing to your profession, that it would even change your profession icon. As people noted, it was possible to see the icon for scrapper on last poi for example:

http://i.imgur.com/hUbSC58.jpg

But if you ask to me if it is necessary (Since elite specs are far from “Completely changing” your profession playstyle) well, I don’t think it is.

(edited by MauricioCezar.2673)

Elite Spec Icons.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Anet has said that elite specs change your profession icon and profession name. We haven’t actually seen this in game yet but it should be there at launch.

Thank you for this! I must of missed that info. <3

Elite Spec Icons.

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Yes, they stated that elite specs are suposed to be so changing to your profession, that it would even change your profession icon. As people noted, it was possible to see the icon for scrapper on last poi for example:

But if you ask to me if it is necessary (Since elite specs are far from “Completely changing” your profession playstyle) well, I don’t think it is.

I don’t think that’s the scrapper icon, why would it be in the stat section? I’d say that’s for toolbelt recharge times and has nothing to do with the elite spec.

So atm we don’t know if they are still going for the new icons because we haven’t heard anything about them in a long while.

Elite Spec Icons.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Can’t wait to see what the others are.

Shall we have some guesses:
I imagine Druid might be a tree with the staff symbolised as the trunk
Ele could be some gusts of wind like the new warhorn skin
Chrono is most likely a circular clock/shield of some sorts
Reaper a scythe blade?
Herald probably Glint’s head (or generic dragon head)
DH is a tough one – maybe two wings?
Berserker also tough but could be just a small torch with a flame
DD is difficult – I honestly have no idea.

Elite Spec Icons.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I don’t think that’s the scrapper icon, why would it be in the stat section? I’d say that’s for toolbelt recharge times and has nothing to do with the elite spec.

So atm we don’t know if they are still going for the new icons because we haven’t heard anything about them in a long while.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but all professions have their class icon somewhere in their stat-screen. Necros have one for Lifeforcce, for example. So this might very well be the Scrapper Icon and hey, a stylised sawblade would fit.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Elite Spec Icons.

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

that spot there is the “profession icon” used to represent your profession mechanic cooldown.

on engi currently it’s the bottle/bomb/grenade/thing and represents the cooldown reduction on your toolbelt skills (on necro it’s a skull and is your shroud cooldown reduction, on mesmer it’s a mask and is your shatter cooldown reduction)

that symbol has never been used before, and is in the spot where the bombbottlegrenade is usually placed