Elite Specialization cost too high

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Now that HoT zones are for the most part empty outside of primetime hours

What hours do you consider primetime? Also are you aware that there are timers so you can see when the meta is on? It’s easy to get to a map late and end up in an empty version of it whilst there are 200 people mowing down Mordrem in a different instance to you.
Have a look at dulfy.net for a handy HoT timer and try to turn up a bit early for the start of a meta. Ten minutes is not unreasonable.

A lot of players can’t play games whenever they like, so having a timer isn’t going to help them.

Using LFG might help for some maps but for the final one, it’s a question of turn up early in a squad, wait around for 30 minutes at least while waiting on event start, do the long tedious event and hope you can stick around long enough to get it finished.

And waiting around for 30 minutes or whatever when they might only have an hour to play that night after a long hard stressful day at work isn’t much fun.

Trying to access those MP, AP etc in the H0T maps can be a real pain.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Bumber.8793

Bumber.8793

I run HPs for guildies. Each map has one HP that isn’t easily soloable, so with the one guildie I bring, it is quite easy.

20 hours sounds sad. It takes me 2 hours normally to get a guildie from 0-100, but it can be done in 1.5 hours.

If you are having a hard time, consider adapting your playstyle and build.

HoT is wonderful the way it is.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Now that HoT zones are for the most part empty outside of primetime hours

What hours do you consider primetime? Also are you aware that there are timers so you can see when the meta is on? It’s easy to get to a map late and end up in an empty version of it whilst there are 200 people mowing down Mordrem in a different instance to you.
Have a look at dulfy.net for a handy HoT timer and try to turn up a bit early for the start of a meta. Ten minutes is not unreasonable.

A lot of players can’t play games whenever they like, so having a timer isn’t going to help them.

Using LFG might help for some maps but for the final one, it’s a question of turn up early in a squad, wait around for 30 minutes at least while waiting on event start, do the long tedious event and hope you can stick around long enough to get it finished.

And waiting around for 30 minutes or whatever when they might only have an hour to play that night after a long hard stressful day at work isn’t much fun.

Trying to access those MP, AP etc in the H0T maps can be a real pain.

If you’re waiting a half an hour on the last map, your’e doing it wrong because I show up five minutes early and have never failed to get into a map.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Guys, this is an 8 month old thread that’s been raised from the dead. Most of this discussion is long dead. Try not to keep pushing this any further.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Even though this thread got necro’d, and will probably be locked, I do want to point out that there’s more than enough hero point challenges available on HoT maps to unlock elite specializations completely. I’ve done this on many characters in as little as a few hours. There’s also an old guide on Reddit that lists which those are. It’s also not that difficult to ask for help in map chat or LFG.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Playing WvW, generally only in short sessions, earned me sufficient points to unlock multiple elite specs.

I still would prefer the cost to be lower so that I had the option to play the expansion on an elite spec from beginning to end more readily…but getting the spec isnt particularly difficult, I just dont, personally, like to think of a profession, and elite specs are essentially that, as a reward.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Even though this thread got necro’d, and will probably be locked, I do want to point out that there’s more than enough hero point challenges available on HoT maps to unlock elite specializations completely. I’ve done this on many characters in as little as a few hours. There’s also an old guide on Reddit that lists which those are. It’s also not that difficult to ask for help in map chat or LFG.

There are enough completely solo-able “commune” style points with no, or very limited, guards around them to completely unlock your elite spec — even without getting half way using all the extra HP hanging out in core tyria maps.

You don’t fight anything stronger than a veteran mob along the way. (…also, DS has a bunch of them gated behind the meta, so you can simply collect those after a meta round completes, never leaving the zerg along the way. auto-attack your way to victory!)

Plus HP things advertised in LFG, and people willing to help. I usually try if someone asks, because it is a nice thing to do for someone.