Elite Specializations and Build Templates

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: supermanboy.4592

supermanboy.4592

I have a suggestion: allow for build/equipment/skill templates to be saved like we did in GW1.

I have a few elite builds which are very or completely different than my regular setup on my character. For instance, I’ve made my guardian to be a party support character and have set up all skills, traits and equipment equipment to match. I like having a hybrid style build with my dragonhunter however, it due to my setup I have to change pretty much everything. Then, when I want my regular build again I have to change it back. There is nothing preventing me from doing this however it is pretty inconvenient. Another example is my druid, which is set up completely differently than how I prefer my ranger.

Also, I’ve found with other classes (like my elementalist and mesmer) there are a couple different styles of builds I play by switching traits, however once again it is a bit of a pain to go from one to the other.

Can you please add the ability to save and load character traits, skills and equipment so we can more easily switch between all of the fun class play styles you have already enabled us to play? Thank you!

EDIT: This will only become more useful as the game’s horizontal development continues. ie – as more item stat combinations are created, more weapons are added and more elite specializations are made.

(edited by supermanboy.4592)

Posted by: supermanboy.4592

supermanboy.4592

I’ll only reply once as this post nearly instantly fell to the back of the line due to the number of other posts at the time.

Anyone else interested in player saved templates for skills, traits and equipment like we had for skills in GW1?

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

People have been requesting this for a long time now

its quite high on the demand list tbh
I am not sure why Anet has not brought this feature back… although I would suspect it’s simply down to difficulty/time and possibly incompatibility with the game engine

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

People have been requesting this for a long time now

its quite high on the demand list tbh
I am not sure why Anet has not brought this feature back… although I would suspect it’s simply down to difficulty/time and possibly incompatibility with the game engine

It’s probably more to do with how GW2 was at initial launch. You had to pay to respec, it wasn’t until about 2 year in to the games life that they scraped it. That’s one of the reasons I have so many warriors, I originally had one for each roll, DPS, support, CC and full on tank, now I don’t really need this many warriors, but I keep them as they are geared for there job, and it’s easier to just get them DPS gear.

I would love a template system like in GW1. It was amazing, and people could share builds with ease. The only down side to this, is that it takes away part of learning your class, but then we already have websites for people who want premade builds.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

It’s probably more to do with how GW2 was at initial launch. You had to pay to respec, it wasn’t until about 2 year in to the games life that they scraped it. That’s one of the reasons I have so many warriors, I originally had one for each roll, DPS, support, CC and full on tank, now I don’t really need this many warriors, but I keep them as they are geared for there job, and it’s easier to just get them DPS gear.

I would love a template system like in GW1. It was amazing, and people could share builds with ease. The only down side to this, is that it takes away part of learning your class, but then we already have websites for people who want premade builds.

I understand.. I am also for this feature in Gw2.. It was something I loved about the original
Im just not sure if its possible in Gw2.. not without some heavy work anyway
I also have multiple toons for different builds.. so I’d also loose out a little on templates but it’s still something I really want too

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Build templates won’t happen. Devs think that it will fragment the community into hardcore and nubs. (ie) groups on excepting the meta builds and gear with the pinging build & gear and down on build diversity. Unless NC soft overrules them if they find a way to monetize it.

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

This has been requested since launch.. you know the original launch… and we still don’t have it…

They should just sell templates in the kittening store, I’d pay for the QoL at this point im sick of having to swap specs on my classes for different fights, different utilites, swaping between elite spec in spvp with a elite wep on and back to PvE will unequip it… so much crap.

If they want this game to be dynamic where your swaping traits/utilites/gear for each encounter they need this feature…

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us