Elite spec question

Elite spec question

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

Q:

When the first infos about HoT were delivered the devs said that elite specs, to balance, would limit the choice of some trait lines and utility skill, while obtaining new ones (new trait line and utility type)…or at least i remember so , maybe i’m wrong.

Yet in the latest posts i’ve found no reference to that…is it still a thing ? or did it got dropped ? or it’s still in the process of balancing so there isn’t much on it yet and was only an idea ?

Elite spec question

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

A:

So there’s not limit on the trait lines, like idk..if you get chronomancer, you can’t use illusions ?

What you are asking is: There is no limit on weapons/utility/elite skills?
I realized what you were asking, and it wasnt that. Short answer: No. There is no barred combination of Trait lines.

The answer to that is yes, but only those that belong to the Elite Spec. You can only use a Shield, the Chronomancer Wells, if you take Chronomancer as a Spec (which you are limited to three) but you can still use all the other skills.

The determent of taking an elite spec is going to vary a lot between people, Some builds only take 2 trait lines, and the 3rd currently is just a bonus, so they are not going to lose alot. Some more complex builds take all three trait lines to work best, and if you spec into your elite specialization you will lose what ever you get from them.

Elite spec question

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Elite specs limit your ability to use a third base specialization trait line and change your class mechanics in some way when traited into it. You couldn’t be a Chronomancer without taking the time magic traitline, for example.

It’s not terribly restrictive, but if you want to use the elite spec skills, you need to trait into the elite spec. This is what causes the restriction.

Elite spec question

Braghez.7529

So there’s not limit on the trait lines, like idk..if you get chronomancer, you can’t use illusions ?

Elite spec question

Braghez.7529

Ok, thanks a lot guys for the clarifications…I thought so about this too, but just wanted to be 100% sure :p