Elite specialization rune unlocks.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Fully unlocking an elite specialization unlocks the corresponding rune recipe…on only that one character. I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t have 400 leatherworking on every single one of my characters and I don’t plan to do that anytime soon. Please make recipes unlock for the account or at least give us a physical recipe we can choose to use on the character that can actually craft it. Or if you wanted to be weirdly special and only let Scrappers craft Scrapper runes, lower the level requirement to 1 or something. It’s currently crazy how it works right now.

Also, completing Daredevil unlocks the Dragonhunter rune. That still hasn’t been fixed yet either.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Yes please!

There was a message that popped up when I unlocked my druid runes about being able to purchase them somewhere….
But there were too many things happening on screen to catch the complete message. Could have been referring to the TP. If so, then hurrumph!

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: The Christopher.7961

The Christopher.7961

I agree.

Getting to 400 leatherworking isn’t terribly difficult, but when I already have a 500 leatherworker on a different character, I feel it to be redundant to take my Ranger/Druid and replace either my jewelcrafting or huntsman crafting (or buy the crafting expander) with leatherworking to make the rune.

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

You can buy new recipes for laurels.

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I have 0 crafting on most of my toons, and one that has them all.

Another fine example of Anet not considering things properly. There is no reason not to make them account bound rather than soulbound- after all, you worked for that rune and should be able to use it.

Posted by: Ewer.1850

Ewer.1850

+1 for making them account wide and not to a single character.

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Again: You can buy each recipe for a single laurel if you want another copy.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I agree.

Getting to 400 leatherworking isn’t terribly difficult, but when I already have a 500 leatherworker on a different character, I feel it to be redundant to take my Ranger/Druid and replace either my jewelcrafting or huntsman crafting (or buy the crafting expander) with leatherworking to make the rune.

Yea, I got really confused on this too. I think they should have made a pop-up similar to the ones you get when you level up that explain how to get the recipes.

I didn’t even notice anything telling me about a recipe being unlocked and I capped out two character’s specializations already.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I came here to see if I was crazy and had misread the rune that was unlocked when my Daredevil auto-maxed out this morning (had about 260-270 hero points in it before the change) and also to find out where the rune recipe unlock had gone (it wasn’t on my ranger who’s my 500 leatherworker).

I’m surprised they didn’t just give us an account bound recipe for the Rune the same way they do with the Daredevil headgear and staff. That would have been a simple solution, you could have learned it on whatever character instead it’s kinda confusing.

That’s cool, that’s what I’ll do so, it’s no big deal but it’s still a bit weird that they did it this way.

Psientist.6437

Thank you. I was hoping it was something like this, just couldn’t find the right NPC.

Finn the human

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Where is the npc i can buy from pls?

thx

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Psientist.6437

Where is the npc i can buy from pls?

thx

Laurel vendor under the “Achievement Rewards” tab. You don’t need to be on the character that earned the Rune.

Finn the human