Ember Bay is great (no spoilers inside)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

I love the new map. Glided in, started killing stuff for hearts. 45 minutes later: “WOW, this is fun.”

Thanks for the new content and nice job.

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Can’t check myself atm, so … is it bigger then bloodstone fen?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s about the size of the older maps. Pretty big, 5 hearts to do, a lot of stuff to find and do.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Yeah. It’s a good mix of new and old. Familiar and refreshing at the same time. Hope they keep doing maps like this.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Oh and judging from the Position of the Maps Name, we only have seen half of it. And this is already big as kitten.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I like the map overall – but feel there are a few things that it “missed”.

First and foremost it does not feel like a deadly and dangerous place. Sure – maybe that’s because there were a lot of people around but it never really felt like the desolate and deadly place it used to be in GW1.

Second of all something that completely ruins my suspension of disbelief is that it’s FULL of skrit and worst of all – a circus.
I expected completely different things from such a lethal environment. Instead I got skrit and clowns. That does not help me immerse in the story or the lore.

The map is somewhat difficult to navigate – but not overly so. Another thing is that the color palette seems a bit too “washed out” – not a lot of very dark grey – feels a bit off.

Overall – the map is alright – it’s just upsetting that some elements feel out of place and odd.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Tabasco.1743

Tabasco.1743

Can’t agree more with op. Heart of Thorns is finally feeling like a proper expansion with this episode. The voice work is as consistent as ever, and hearts are finally back, …and they are repeatable (hot kitten !) These are the things that attracted me to the game at launch. Kudos ANet. More of this please.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Definitely my favorite of the six new maps added as part of HoT. The navigation is great, the vistas are tremendous (not to mention the views), and there are both hostile and save areas. One of my favorite things is that there’s no meta! (at least, not yet), so this is a more relaxing map. We don’t have to arrive at a certain time or do certain things — there’s the same level of freedom we have in the core Tyria maps.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

Actually, I like the new map. (For the record I like Bloodstone Fed too.) What I was surprised by was the lack of people. Either something is going on with the Mega Server system or there just aren’t as many as I’m use to when Living World content drops.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

What I was surprised by was the lack of people. Either something is going on with the Mega Server system or there just aren’t as many as I’m use to when Living World content drops.

The people are there. Just bear in mind two things. One, there’s a lot of people who are focused on doing the story instances, so they’re trekking from point A to point B without doing much in between. And two, this zone is a lot bigger than Bloodstone Fen. People are spread out over a greater area, and there’s no one big event like Justiciar Hablion or the Jade Bosses/Unbound Guardian to draw people to it.

On top of that, there’s also the new jumping puzzle which is likely occupying a fair share of people.