Enchanted armours ludicrous time out

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

So. After an intense period running after the train powering up pylons, I took part in, and won, one of the challenges. OK – quiet moment. Time to get ready for the main event. Quick bio break. And I mean quick, because I’ve already seen that the inaction time out on armours is short.

I just hadn’t realised how short!

I – literally – ran. I can’t have been gone more than 90 seconds or so. But by the time I got back my chat log was full of “move or else” messages; my transformation was gone; and our attempt at the meta was out of pocket to the tune of one enchanted armour.

What can I say – an inaction time that low is ludicrous. If keeping armours active is sufficiently important to the meta that we don’t want people going afk from them, then at least give us a way of letting people leave the screen for a minute or so for good reason without everyone losing the armour as a result as well. Seriously – it’s not good as it stands.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

It is pretty horrendous. Considering that you’ll be literally loitering in an armor for 10 minutes, the fact that it kicks you out in 15 seconds or so is just poorly designed.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Teleniel.1809

Teleniel.1809

Pretty sure you have 60s before the inaction time out, which is very short after that (15s?).
I would prefer if it was 300s (until doors started) and 60s (after doors start)

Posted by: StormRage.6435

StormRage.6435

change this crap… its stupid. i literally just lost my armor coming to post about this ridiculous design. kitten arenanet what were you thinking

/signed

Posted by: StormRage.6435

StormRage.6435

makes a 10 minute timer for event.. gives 19s to stand still

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s enough for me to avoid winning the challenges. I can’t even type a coherent chat line in Map without getting Move Or Else demands, and I’m a reasonably fast touch typist.

If the gold armor remained for someone else to pick up like the silver ones, that’d be fine, but I have trouble believing they intended gold armor wearers to have to constantly move for ten minutes in a small area (I think it strips the armor off you if you wander too far from the gate, at least the one time I tried to ride mine to another gate to help it was gone pretty fast).

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

This was very poorly done. Obviously they want to prevent players from AFK in armor but you literally are in them for 10 minutes with NOTHING to do as even trying to carry on a chat conversation is near impossible with only 20 seconds between mandatory movements. Your already limited to a small area so you can’t run away with them, why not just let them sit idle until the event starts and then start auto booting?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’s amazing, isn’kitten You’d think anyone testing this would have noticed.. >.>

Or maybe the testers are so high on caffeine they literally couldn’t sit still for 10 seconds.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The extremely short time-out is definitely a major pain.

I can see the reason for it, as it’d be a major problem if a bunch went AFK in all the armors for a given lane, but… doesn’t make it any less annoying, especially since you end up waiting around for 10 minutes before the actual event starts.

It’d be nice if they made a separate timer for the time before the Octovine event and during. The current short timer would be fine during the Octovine, since you’d need to actually be doing stuff during that period anyway. But the idle time prior, they could have maybe a 5 minute timer or even no timer at all and I feel it’d be just fine.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The timer should be 2 minutes or so, and the effect should be that the player get expelled from the armor, not the loss of the armor. Armors shouldn’t dissapear.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Doghouse.1562

Pretty sure you have 60s before the inaction time out, which is very short after that (15s?).
I would prefer if it was 300s (until doors started) and 60s (after doors start)

It’s 20 seconds to the first inactivity warning.
And you get ejected (sarcasm alert) a full 10 seconds later.
The warning message repeats once a second.

So… 30 seconds of inactivity, and you’re gone.

(I didn’t intend it this way, but…
Just won a challenge, so checked the inactivity time out and message intervals multiple times. Then spent too long typing a first draft of this post whilst waiting – even though it’s on a second screen, and I was trying to check the chat log very regularly. Got kicked. Which meant I could count-back the warning messages to find the total time out as well. Fortunately the meta succeeded anyway.)

Doghouse.1562

The timer should be 2 minutes or so, and the effect should be that the player get expelled from the armor, not the loss of the armor. Armors shouldn’t dissapear.

Agreed. Once someone’s been kicked from it, make it like any other weapon; available to anyone who wants to take it over. Just don’t penalize an entire map because some noob like me snoozed for a few seconds (we can do quite enough of that for ourselves once the meta proper starts, thanks…).

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

No timer until after the door breeches. Simple.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

You don’t actually lose an armor, it just gets ‘demoted’ to non-gold with far less HP. Not sure if the skill damage goes down or not.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

We learned a lesson here guys, don’t get the enchanted armor if you got to pee.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Doghouse.1562

You don’t actually lose an armor, it just gets ‘demoted’ to non-gold with far less HP. Not sure if the skill damage goes down or not.

Yeah, just discovered that. OK, that’s at least something. It’s still far too flamin’ fast, though.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Ya I just don’t bother with the armor anymore, not worth not going to pee over.