Entitled gamers.

Entitled gamers.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Entromorph.8607

Entromorph.8607

I never understood why people expect the entire game to hold your hand.

I also don’t understand the people crying about HoT difficulty, a lot of stuff really is not that hard.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Nice title. It’s also possible to make your point without calling people entitled and crier’s. In fact people are more likely to respond better if you don’t

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

Difficulty has different opinions. Some gamers are in the belief that time = difficulty, others are in the belief that something that takes great skill to beat = difficulty.

I also wouldn’t call them entitled, as we are all players here and everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what is fun. You see them clashing all the time on the forums. Many don’t want the ‘entire’ game to hold their hand, they just want it to be reasonable within their expectations. Many expectations were shattered when they couldn’t start off in their elite spec at the beginning, unlike the betas. Similarly were those who thought precursor crafting was the gateway to a cheaper legendary.

It’s all about perspectives. I think some adventures are too difficult because my Australian latency adds up quickly in a time trial where every second counts. But that’s my opinion and it isn’t the same as others. I don’t think that’s entitled or me crying, just stating the facts of my situation.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

You rang?
I am complaining about HoT difficulty. I honestly tried to do it on my Necro. I am not wearing Zerker, and play pretty well on my Necro in open world..I know what my powers do, and do not mash 1,1,1.

Due to being a clutz, I feel like a bad player, but I do try to improve.

Anyway, I did the beginning story with only one death, which to be honest was caused by me not paying the strictest attention.

Then I sallied forth into the Jungle….OMG.

The graphics showed that a lot of quality time was spent on this expansion. I was filled with awe at what I was seeing….but all the critters hated my guts to me, and seemed to laugh at my attempts at killing them…no matter what I tried…I ended up on the Hospital list.

I left the Jungle and went back to Core Tyria very upset and depressed because I will not be able to play the expansion.

Why, oh why, did Anet put heart and soul into something that only the young whippersnapper, played video games from the crib, elite gamers could do????

I read the advertisment for HoT as being the Raids were the Hard core content..not the actual expansion.

Well, I have lots of stuff still to do in Core Tyria, so that is where I will hang my hat.

Next expansion Anet, the next expansion, is for those of us who cannot cut the mustard in the Jungle…only fair.

Lisa.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Try using the Elite Specialization, Lisa, even if you don’t got everything unlocked. You even get a free Exotic Greatsword that you can customize from a short list of selectable stats—I used that and my Staff.

I ran through the zones on my Reaper, which only had the new heal, the first Utility Shout and 2 Traits to select from (of which I selected the one I thought were more desirable at the time—I forgot which that was) unlocking all the Hero Challenges I needed, to get all my Skills and Traits, and it were actually pretty straight forward overall. Now, I don’t consider myself a bad player, but I rarely play my Necromancer, and I had a great time. The Reaper Shroud is so powerful! A tip is to use the fifth skill, which is a big iced over field, then the fourth skill to spam out Chill on your enemies. Later on you get a Trait to make Chill deal damage, which is so awesome! And that combined with some of the shouts makes Reaper incredibly powerful. It’s such a fun Profession.

I believe you can learn to overcome these things, Lisa, even if it may take you slightly longer than it perhaps takes me. For that matter, I am 30 years old, and yes, I grew up with video games, but nonetheless, I don’t consider myself a young whippersnapper anymore. The content is possible to overcome. You may just need to give it a bit more time. Remember that you don’t lose much on a death, Repairs are free.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

HoT is not difficult – it’s just confusing and poorly designed in some places – not telling you or showing you the new game mechanics properly.

Yes I did all HoT content on a full glass character.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Although I think HoT is the best thing since sliced bread, I also think people who dislike the expansion should be allowed to have their opinion voiced on the forums and/or Reddit.

and yes, when somebody spends up to £80 on a game, they are completely entitled to give negative feedback.

For experienced players who have a good understanding of how their professions work, and know how to read mobs, HoT is relatively easy, however, I currently have 2 new players under my wing who have played for a couple of weeks, then bought HoT, and they both find it very hard. The mobs in Maguuma are a cut above the rest, which some players will find disparity with until they can get the hang of combating them.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Obviously you were looking to hook some one like me, expecting me to engage in a flame war.

I’ve decided to get back into the jungle, to become a great swords master like Lord Faren!

I only need 4 trustworthy compadres to follow me around and drag my skill deficient corpse around because I’ll be dead within seconds of being rezzed, who wants in on this fulfilling exciting opportunity?

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Played through the content on a Full Glass Thief, sure I died, but I didn’t find the difficulty to be as traumatizing as some are making it out to be.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Ben Mason.8641

Ben Mason.8641

I Don’t understand Lisa, Could u post specifics ? Like your gear stats/rarity ? which enemy is troubling you?

The reason i don’t understand is i find pretty much all normal enemies in hot are ok/easy to kill.
My only complaint with HOT was the navigation, i get lost on straight roads so you can imagine the time i had with the jungle. I’m not complaining though its a jungle so i never expected it to be straight forward, some fun even came out of it when i some how fully explored the tangled map(no idea how) or when i stumbled on the earth elementals lair without being told to go there or trying to find it.

AIM ~ Desolation

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

I agree, in general HoT is very doable even solo is not a problem, learn to play your profession instead of just standing mashing 1 and expecting the legendaries / gold / ascended stuff to rain down on you. If you want that experience go play hello kitty adventure island.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Nice title. It’s also possible to make your point without calling people entitled and crier’s. In fact people are more likely to respond better if you don’t

Nah lol that’s one of the things wrong with the world today. People sugarcoat everything so that no one gets their feelings hurt lol but some people just need to hear blunt and obvious truth, and the truth is there is a portion of the player base (a very vocal portion at that) who act that way

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Entitled? Someone who buys something, anything, including a video game is entitled to voice their opinion. I think this word is used by those who lack the vocabulary to choose a more fitting description of people who are dissatisfied with what they paid for.

Attachments:

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

^What he said. That person who complains payed the same money as you did, so he can say whatever he wants about the product he bought. If he doesn’t like it then it’s his right.

But you don’t have to pay for something in order to express your opinion. It’s something called freedom of speech, and you know, it’s free.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

It’s not entitlement, it’s laziness. Learn the difference.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

Gaming is a service industry and we are customers. Also everyone doesn’t get more enjoyment from doing more difficult content. If you enjoy bragging about how good you are at doing difficult content, then good for you, but don’t put down others for not playing a game the way you think it should be played. My goal when playing games is to have fun. I’m never going to put how times I beat a world boss on my resume.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Kira Nerys.8273

Kira Nerys.8273

The difficult thing to me is their use of multi-part instances that you have to complete all the way through, with portions timed based. If you leave the instance, to repair, or just quit for the time being, you’re forced to restart that entire instance. Instead of doing a lock system (0 to 72 hours or so) that would allow you to repair, rejoin, and proceed with where you were. It is a pain, especially in HoT when you have to redo certain sections to get back to where you may have been forced to end the session.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I also don’t understand the people crying about HoT difficulty, a lot of stuff really is not that hard.

So what you’re saying is that you feel entitled to a game/forum experience free of opinions that conflict with yours?

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

He simply means he don’t understand why the complains when there are people who have proven to be able to do the HOT contents. So, is the HOT contents that hard or is it because the people who complain just want to have single player cheat codes like “show me the money” or “bigdaddy”

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I see this “entitled” argument a lot. I think that the core game catered to players of different skill levels. If you had a lot of skill you probably enjoyed high level fractals, some of the dungeons, jumping puzzles, and competitive pvp. If you weren’t particularly skilled you probably enjoyed openworld pve (running world bosses, exploring maps, silverwastes etc..) With the new expansion, the openworld pve has a much higher skill requirement. I think there is a certain population of the players that feel they have been left out in the cold. Perhaps there could have been a couple of maps on par with silverwastes skill level added to this expansion for those players. I see a sense of entitlement on both sides of the argument. The less skilled think that the expansions should offer them something. The highly skilled think the expansions should be all about them.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

What is evident to me is that the expansion forces people to think about how their builds work. In vanilla, you can make any crap you want and play it and feel accomplished. Not here. For example, if you don’t think about how your build deals with smokescales, GL.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

What is evident to me is that the expansion forces people to think about how their builds work. In vanilla, you can make any crap you want and play it and feel accomplished. Not here. For example, if you don’t think about how your build deals with smokescales, GL.

This is exactly it. People need to quit playing zerker and quit going to metabattle and learn to think for themselves about how their build works.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Purposely using inflammatory language to characterize people simply because they don’t agree with you and don’t approach a video game the way you do is….well, how to put it politely?

Pointless and rude.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Problem is a big enough % -ge of the player base should feel lke the OP.
If not this is a doomed venture.

Gw2 is said to have sold 7 M copies… if half have HoT and only 10% likes it you’ll see the numbers you have a 350k ppl player base for HoT , on 2 or 3 continents (dunno if china is factored into this number) leaving you with 175k ppl or 115k ppl per continent on 20 servers so 5k people per server playing on personal times so you could be looking at a 200-2500 people playing per server at any time on 4 maps 50-625 people/map…..
Of course if 90% thinks it’s awesome… figures change radically but final numbers would be 500-6000 (yes rounded the figures a bit)…..

Problem is 90% is not a probable number, nor is the 50% of 7 Million buying HoT is my guess, from all players I knew who took a break only a few returned… maybe 25-35%

Having 50 on a map is barely enough content to do a map….. we’ll see…

Even though I like the event maps I really really mis maps just to run around in… These are not explorable maps these are event maps… untill people have completed the story scouting and masteries the people focussed on events will be a growing but smaller group…

problem: if this group isn’t growing fast enough, the events will die and so will the only reason to play these maps who also form the whole PvE expansion.

I still am quite crossed about the dungeon nerf and I’m playing until I no longer can afford food and travels and I’ll be gone. I played dungeons for 3 years and foudn SW boring after 2 weeks. I already have seen the new maps and really do not care about Silverwastes v2,v3 and v4 with a huge vinewrath at the end. Nor do I care about fractals.
I do not like the neew WvW map. and do not play PvP.

I made 20k AP, had my say in the forum. I find the maps beautifu, the music breathtaking and I do not want to update my 6 hybrids and 3 condi builds to new stats like vipers due to a change in food. I do not care about pre crafting…. Only things I liked were masteries, and maybe, maybe raids, but tbh I played this game mostly solo, doing PUG dungeons…

We’ll see where it ends.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

And since the map events don’t give good enough rewards, people aren’t going to be farming them months down the road the way they did Silverwastes, so completion is likely to become a dinosaur for future players and alts.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

That’s speculation. I don’t see a difference between the rewards you get in HoT or SW. Lots of bags, unique mats needed for new prefixes. People are going to be going there for a LONG time.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I have my main on viper already, finished story… I really really do not care to farm for scribe mats…. I have all waypoints unlocked, 65-70% of the heropoints…

TBH I want to do dungeons, but I don’t plan to run each time for 30 silver. so….

I’ll find something else. Still the maps are beautiful, the music is, I love the new enemies and friends, I enjoyed the story. I just do not care for legendary backs, legendary farms, and so on.

I want more dungeons… maybe raids will fill a gap, but “As it is gated another incentive to PLAY THE GAME is removed.”

But my list of entitlements:

1. Give me back DECENT REWARDS for DUNGEONS
  2. I’d like a guid hall for my bank guild. It would be a reason to do some of the content.
  3. I didn’t mind the mastery gating of heropoints, just the fact it was champs only was a big letdown, now both requirements have gone… well gg….
  4. I do not see the need for an endless grind for a new stat, not bringing new content, yes boon duration and condition duration were placed on armor and it seemed nice, until I noticed food was nerfed and now all my condition builds had to undergo -mandatory- change or be ineffective… Which is costly due to runes of aristocracy not being available from the TP… I used multiple sets…I lost 2 complete sets now…. Nice I have no reason to refarm ’m
  5. I find the problems with new arrivals to be the downfall of new events… people do not know what to do, or try to learn by example as best as they can… problem is they need to learn 4 new big VERY BIG meta events… Some do not care whatsoever. Some troll and some just try hard only to see their effort wasted again and again.
  6. I do not see much ways to gain decent gold. Previously I used dungeons. Now I guess I need shiny baubles or comparable… I do no longer have a feeling of improvement.

No longer a feeling of improvement…. I do not need stats or levels I just hopedto be able to use my nice armors, but… All mys sinister armor and weapons (well roughly 18 pieces of armor and 30 weapons…) are now to be converted, and will need new runes and sigils.
In effect the new expansion lost me 400 gold instantly and 7 geared characters.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Obviously you were looking to hook some one like me, expecting me to engage in a flame war.

I’ve decided to get back into the jungle, to become a great swords master like Lord Faren!

I only need 4 trustworthy compadres to follow me around and drag my skill deficient corpse around because I’ll be dead within seconds of being rezzed, who wants in on this fulfilling exciting opportunity?

I will! I’m taking a few days off due to wrist and hand issues (played too much and now have the reaction times of a thing with very poor reaction times – admittedly, it’s only a little worse than what passes for normal these days), but I expect to be back in there in a day or two. If you’re EU based, give me a shout.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Can’t you hook up with guildies? (I’m pretty sure you’re in CV guild. Aren’t there guild members in that area you can party up with?)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Entitled gamers.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Nah lol that’s one of the things wrong with the world today. People sugarcoat everything so that no one gets their feelings hurt lol but some people just need to hear blunt and obvious truth, and the truth is there is a portion of the player base (a very vocal portion at that) who act that way

My keyboard warrior radar is pinging