European Beta Times

European Beta Times

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lady Shosanna.9601

Lady Shosanna.9601

Would’ve been nice if the maker of the e-mail would’ve put some European times in too. Besides that. You say this “The closed beta test is scheduled for Tuesday, 26 May from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Pacific, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific, and 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Pacific.”

But which Pacific is it? Pacific Daylight Time? Pacific Standard Time? Or Pacific Time? Two of those have the same timezone right now, but one of those is an hour later. Can someone verify which time it is? Or even give a European time?

Thanks

European Beta Times

Lady Shosanna.9601

Found this now on the blog:

11:30 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
3:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
7:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)

European Beta Times

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

19:30 – 21:30 BST / 20:30 – 22:30 CEST
23:30 – 01:30 BST/ 00:30 – 02:30 CEST (Running into Wednesday Morning)
03:30 – 05:30 BST/ 04:30 – 06:30 CEST (Wednesday Morning)

BST = British Summer Time
CEST=Central European Summer Time

Hope This Helps

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

European Beta Times

Lady Shosanna.9601

Thanks Penelope! I kind of figured it out myself after finding the UCT-7 in the blog. Would’ve been nice if they had put that in the email as well :P

European Beta Times

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

So for the Netherlands (GMT +2) that would be?
20:30 – 22:30
00:30 – 02:30
04:30 – 06:30

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

European Beta Times

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Really!! the test times has no consideration for EU players, just like the 1st one.

maybe ill get to participate in the 1st one a bit late, but the others are too late for me.

European Beta Times

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Really!! the test times has no consideration for EU players, just like the 1st one.

maybe ill get to participate in the 1st one a bit late, but the others are too late for me.

That is because ArenaNet is a NA-based company and they will do their tests (especially the early ones) when they are in the office, seeing as they need to be there to gather information and stats and fix/change stuff based on it.

You can’t really expect them to get to work in the middle of the night just to cater to the EU player (and that comes from someone from Europe).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

European Beta Times

penelopehannibal.8947

Yep spot on for NL, DE & DK (Sadly I don’t really know 100% other EU time zones only yours & London time)

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

European Beta Times

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Yep spot on for NL, DE & DK (Sadly I don’t really know 100% other EU time zones only yours & London time)

Greece: 21:30 – 23:30
01:30 – 03:30
05:30 – 07:30

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

European Beta Times

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

That is because ArenaNet is a NA-based company and they will do their tests (especially the early ones) when they are in the office, seeing as they need to be there to gather information and stats and fix/change stuff based on it.

You can’t really expect them to get to work in the middle of the night just to cater to the EU player (and that comes from someone from Europe).

why not make it open for 24-hours ? you can get all your tests and data in the early few hours, let ppl enjoy it and EU then can play the next day and as i recall they have a QA EU team.

with these times i feel bad, all that insane farming for just 2 hours.

European Beta Times

Posted by: luna.4975

luna.4975

Thanks for the conversion to European times.
It is much appreciated

European Beta Times

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Yes, I recognize that Anet is a US-based company, but that doesn’t keep me from feeling like I’m beeing treated as a second class player right now.

For most Europeans 2 out of these 3 times lots are simply not playable. Why the 2 hour spaces in-between the beta? Seriously, playable time left for EU is 20:30 – 22:30, because if you have work, university, school or whatever on Wednesday 00:30 – 02:30 is out of the question. If they would at least make it from 20:30-6:30 we could get some decent hours in.

As ist stands I feel cheated, because EUs farmed as hard for their keys as NAs, but get only 1/2 of the experience – Arenanet obviously wants my money, but they don’t care for me as a player.

It wouldn’t have killed anyone to make this a 24 hour beta to give all of us the same chance at enjoying the new content…

(edited by Ashamir.9574)

European Beta Times

Posted by: Nevyn.3812

Nevyn.3812

For you east coast Aussies, that means you have to get up at 4.30am Wednesday if you want any time in the beta before you head off to work.

4.30am – 6.30am
8.30am – 10.30am
12.30pm – 2.30pm

European Beta Times

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Yes, I recognize that Anet is a US-based company, but that doesn’t keep me from feeling like I’m beeing treated as a second class player right now.

For most Europeans 2 out of these 3 times lots are simply not playable. Why the 2 hour spaces in-between the beta? Seriously, playable time left for EU is 20:30 – 22:30, because if you have work, university, school or whatever on Wednesday 00:30 – 02:30 is out of the question. If they would at least make it from 20:30-6:30 we could get some decent hours in.

As ist stands I feel cheated, because EUs farmed as hard for their keys as NAs, but get only 1/2 of the experience – Arenanet obviously wants my money, but they don’t care for me as a player.

It wouldn’t have killed anyone to make this a 24 hour beta to give all of us the same chance at enjoying the new content…

The breaks are most likely so they can work and patch up any bugs, issues, crashes etc that might happen for the next round. I fully expected something like this and accespt it (and im from EU)

Being part of the beta is a PRIVILEGE not a right you have, so treat it like such

European Beta Times

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Those times are also when a lot of players in the US are at work or at school, so don’t feel that we’re too privileged.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

European Beta Times

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

For most players only one time window will be an option:

• For most European players only the first window is realistic as the other two are in the middle of the night.
  • For players on the West Coast of America who have a 9 to 5 job (or study) only the last time window is an option.
  • Maybe East Coast players with a daytime job/study can play in the last two windows.
  • And as said above the Aussies can maybe play before they go to work/study in one time window.

So it seems to me ArenaNet expects most beta players only to participate in one time window.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

European Beta Times

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Those times are also when a lot of players in the US are at work or at school, so don’t feel that we’re too privileged.

Too true. But, you know, knee jerk complainers only care about their own situation.

European Beta Times

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

It’s a closed beta test, not a “here, everyone go play this and have fun” test. A 24 hour time period was obviously not feasible for this stage of testing, or they would have made it a 24 hour window.

They did not schedule this to give everyone a neat time. They are here to work, and we are helping them by working on their time, not the other way around. There is no reason to feel cheated, or feel like a second rate player, because they set a schedule during their work day (not yours) so they could get some work done.

I assure you, no secret meetings were held to ensure the beta test was set at such a time as to make you feel neglected.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

European Beta Times

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

why not make it open for 24-hours ? you can get all your tests and data in the early few hours, let ppl enjoy it and EU then can play the next day and as i recall they have a QA EU team.

with these times i feel bad, all that insane farming for just 2 hours.

Because they don’t want to force their employees to stay at the office for over 24 hours straight?

And once again, it is not suppose to be a preview. It is supposed to be an actual test. Tests are always best to do when the people conducting the test can get the most out of it. Which usually is when said people actually are at work.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

European Beta Times

penelopehannibal.8947

Fellow EU players: Whilst the times are a bit awkward, remember we will be the ones having fun whilst ArenaNet will be on the other end of the line at the same time as us working – not having fun time!

If getting into the Beta Test was so important to you, you make sure you’re there by hook or by crook. Heck, I’ll be there at all three time slots!!

Energy drinks at the ready!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

European Beta Times

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Guess I’m only playing in the first block then.

European Beta Times

Posted by: Tacit Ronin.2097

Tacit Ronin.2097

Fellow EU players: Whilst the times are a bit awkward, remember we will be the ones having fun whilst ArenaNet will be on the other end of the line at the same time as us working – not having fun time!

If getting into the Beta Test was so important to you, you make sure you’re there by hook or by crook. Heck, I’ll be there at all three time slots!!

Energy drinks at the ready!

ArenaNet will also be getting paid :p

I see your point, as well as I see everyone’s point about Anet being based in the US and that they didn’t have to give us a beta at all, but even taking that into consideration, if I had spent hours upon hours getting a portal only to find this out afterward (as it was I got one while I was farming for carapace chest) I’d feel a little underwhelmed. Surely Anet could’ve told players before the portal event rough playtimes to make sure the people going for portals would even be available even if they couldnt reveal the date?

Luckily I’m free Tuesday evening so I’ll get a couple of hours playing (that’s if the server doesnt collapse under the strain of all the EU players trying to get in that one window) but as I have work, the other two shifts are right out, energy drinks or no.

European Beta Times

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Just do what I did sometime with the different timezone times, type your timezone and the game timezone into google to get the result.

European Beta Times

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

One for the nightcrawlers it seems :-)