Entenkommando.5208

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

Even More Articles

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: QuickFox.4591

QuickFox.4591

@OP: gg trying to hide the articles that actually say the rage mob has no justified reason.

This is a wonderfully written article.

I wasn’t trying to hide it. Massively OP has, in my opinion, one of the best written articles here, I just forgot what the name of the site was; This was the reason I wrote “(I’m missing one, I think.)”

Thank you for finding it, Kumion.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I wasn’t trying to hide it. Massively OP has, in my opinion, one of the best written articles here, I just forgot what the name of the site was; This was the reason I wrote “(I’m missing one, I think.)”

kk
edited my post

All we wanted was a GvG.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

this is getting seriously out of hand, as someone with marketing experience I hope they adress the problems soon because these articles together with the outrage in de veteran part of the community has all the potential of a disaster.

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

Even More Articles

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

What I take from all of that:
EUROGAMER.net: Neutral.
SiliconANGLE: Neutral.
VG24/7: Neutral
PCGamesN: Neutral
Kotaku: Neutral (kinda)
Bog Otter: neutral (kinda)
WoodenPotatoes: against angry vet
PC Gamer: with angry vet
Massively OP: against angry vet

It’s just my opinion through.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

that sure is a fair few articles, and I expect we’ll only see more in the days ahead…

Even More Articles

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Every journalist that states “I think that $35, $50, and $75 for the three tiers, intact, would have made far more sense.” and then, after few words, states “But again, we’re talking about a few dollars here either way.” evidently isn’t even able to understand that from $50 to $35 there’s a HUGE difference of 30%. And that the starting price, in such a comparison, isn’t important, the important part is in the % difference.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

He’s biased.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Every journalist that states “I think that $35, $50, and $75 for the three tiers, intact, would have made far more sense.” and then, after few words, states “But again, we’re talking about a few dollars here either way.” evidently isn’t even able to understand that from $50 to $35 there’s a HUGE difference of 30%. And that the starting price, in such a comparison, isn’t important, the important part is in the % difference.

The important part is how much money you have. Also the starting price IS important. It’s bascially Arenanet’s idea of how much value their expansion has. If the starting price weren’t important you couldn’t even apply the % modifiers.

Even More Articles

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

Now wouldn’t it be pretty awesome if all “Neutral” -words could be replaced with “Positive”, and “angry” with “happy”?

Even More Articles

papry.8096

Now wouldn’t it be pretty awesome if all “Neutral” -words could be replaced with “Positive”, and “angry” with “happy”?

Not happening today. But I agree.

Even More Articles

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

Even More Articles

papry.8096

Each is opinion; to me it’s the worst one. It miss the mark so much it’s not funny.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Each is opinion; to me it’s the worst one. It miss the mark so much it’s not funny.

Yeah, nothing like starting an article on a price outrage by saying essentially “If the game is fun, why not pay any price for it?” Completely misses the whole point…

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Even More Articles

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Yeah, nothing like starting an article on a price outrage by saying essentially “If the game is fun, why not pay any price for it?” Completely misses the whole point…

Not any price, £35.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

I think so far they are pretty much the same. They all agree that changing the faq overnight is shady and that not giving veterans something else in place of the core game they already have is lousy.

Both things are perfectly legal but they are a marketing disaster and they suggest NC Soft or Arena Net to reconsider to control damage on the long run.

Even More Articles

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I liked massively’s article, but i think he missed a point. People aren’t kittened about the “sale” of the original game. No one complained about the 10€ sales (that i’m aware).
The issue is 2 people buy the same thing, one gets 90€ value out of it, another gets 45€.
This added to the already overpriced expansion is adding insult to injury, and THAT’S why people are outraged.
Its not the fact that they’re giving the core game away, its that they’re giving it ONLY to new costumers, old ones may not apply.

(edited by ReaverKane.7598)

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

I liked massively’s article, but i think he missed a point. People aren’t kittened about the “sale” of the original game. No one complained about the 10€ sales (that i’m aware).
The issue is 2 people buy the same thing, one gets 90€ value out of it, another gets 45€.
This added to the already overpriced expansion is adding insult to injury, and THAT’S why people are outraged.
Its not the fact that they’re giving the core game away, its that they’re giving it ONLY to new costumers, old ones may not apply.

When WoW puts the expansions in the battle chest, no one bats an eyelid.
The expansions that was priced at 45 Euros get dropped in a bundle that costs 10-15 euros. No problem at all.
There is devaluation connected to aging of the product and it being replaced with a new expansion.
What players have issues is when you totally remove the value of things previously purchased. 40 is 4 times greater than 10. 1 is infinitely greater than zero. Reducing one back to zero is something you can’t afford. Unless your name is Big Boss and it’s the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

The expansions that was priced at 45 Euros get dropped in a bundle that costs 10-15 euros. No problem at all.
There is devaluation connected to aging of the product and it being replaced with a new expansion.
What players have issues is when you totally remove the value of things previously purchased. 40 is 4 times greater than 10. 1 is infinitely greater than zero. Reducing one back to zero is something you can’t afford. Unless your name is Big Boss and it’s the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Actually when you buy a battle chest you get separate serial codes for each game. I can take my free core game and throw it to a friend or make a second account. In this case I buy this bundle and if I already have the core game then that part of the bundle just disappears.

Even More Articles

Coulter.2315

Actually when you buy a battle chest you get separate serial codes for each game. I can take my free core game and throw it to a friend or make a second account. In this case I buy this bundle and if I already have the core game then that part of the bundle just disappears.

They are not selling a bundle. They are selling HoT. If you buy HoT as a new player you are gifted with GW2 Core. Its a gift to new players, not a bundle.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

They are not selling a bundle. They are selling HoT. If you buy HoT as a new player you are gifted with GW2 Core. Its a gift to new players, not a bundle.

That’s new, since evem Anet used the word bundle and then said “you can’t unbundle”.
Also, the game is free? It was on the shop for 40 euros last week. It drops faster than your credibility when you make such statements.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

Umh, that’s not how it worked for me. But I purchased through the blizzard store. Anyway, I had nothing, so I purchased the battle chest at a 50% sale (7.5 Euros) and then purchased WoW at 45 Euros. Which were actually 58 since it included a month of free time.

Even More Articles

Coulter.2315

That’s new, since evem Anet used the word bundle and then said “you can’t unbundle”.
Also, the game is free? It was on the shop for 40 euros last week. It drops faster than your credibility when you make such statements.

Oh who said “bundle”? I think they made an error by saying that. This is the problem with everyone using popular words, its inaccurate. My description of the situation is correct.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

Oh who said “bundle”? I think they made an error by saying that. This is the problem with everyone using popular words, its inaccurate. My description of the situation is correct.

But you aren’t talking about what Anet actually stated, so your description is correct but the reality descripted is non-existant.

Even More Articles

Coulter.2315

But you aren’t talking about what Anet actually stated, so your description is correct but the reality descripted is non-existant.

I’m describing reality, the person you say used the word “bundle” was incorrect (because its clearly not a bundle as the core game is not included, there is a gift of the core game for those who don’t attach their bought copy of HoT to a core game though).

Even More Articles

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I’m describing reality, the person you say used the word “bundle” was incorrect (because its clearly not a bundle as the core game is not included, there is a gift of the core game for those who don’t attach their bought copy of HoT to a core game though).

So you’re saying you know more about the situation than the anet employees commenting on it?

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

So you are admitting that anet is making 2 different bundles with 2 different values based on who is purchasing them?
Since one of them has a gift included and the other one doesn’t?
And the gift does hold value otherwise anet would give it away for free to everyone?

Even More Articles

Coulter.2315

So you’re saying you know more about the situation than the anet employees commenting on it?

I’m saying an employee misspoke because the word “bundle” is popular with game purchasers. It was a mistake, don’t crucify them over it.

Even More Articles

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

All I can say is I’m glad that gaming websites are picking up the story and generally seem to be portraying both sides equally, and I’m also glad that Arena-Net have confirmed they are at least listening to our feedback

Even More Articles

Coulter.2315

So you are admitting that anet is making 2 different bundles with 2 different values based on who is purchasing them?
And the gift does hold value otherwise anet would give it away for free to everyone?

I’m saying exactly this :

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

and what is the value of that gift?

Even More Articles

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I just looked up the german page at it seems quite bad to me.
it says
“code to create or upgrade an account for the expansion heart of thorns and the prizewinning Guild Wars 2 base game”

This can’t be interpreted differently in my eyes.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Even More Articles

Coulter.2315

Its the thought that counts (or generates rage depending on who you ask xD).

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

You won’t weasel your way out of this. What is the worth of Guild Wars 2?

Even More Articles

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

It might be the one you disagree with most, but it doesn’t miss the mark. It sums up what a lot of the people that feel they’re not getting value for money perfectly.

Perhaps use it to understand the opposing viewpoint a bit better instead of rejecting it outright?

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Even More Articles

Coulter.2315

So just to check you’re about to try and use the “they got something so I want something too” attack?

Its a gift for new players, show some grace and be pleased for them and the fresh life added to the game.

Even More Articles

Straylight.7529

If you separate the game into core and expansion: core value is zero. expansion is 50$
If you see it as one big game that is being updated by HoT: 50$

Even More Articles

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

If you separate the game into core and expansion: core value is zero. expansion is 50$

In that case $50 is over priced. Its a good deal with the original game thrown in but without its just too expensive for what you get.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

So the game is free? I will be able to open free accounts when HoT drops? I don’t think so.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

So just to check you’re about to try and use the “they got something so I want something too” attack?

Its a gift for new players, show some grace and be pleased for them and the fresh life added to the game.

Apparently you can’t answer this without acknowleding that they are giving something away that has value. and thus the HoT package has a different value based on who purchases.

Even More Articles

Straylight.7529

So the game is free? I will be able to open free accounts when HoT drops? I don’t think so.

No, it’s not free. It’s 50$ in both scenarios I listed.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Guys, don’t try to argue with this coulter guy, he’s one of the most annoying whiteknight of anet. It’s just wasted time.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

Thus you are acknoledging that Anet is selling 2 different products at the same price.
You did say “both scenarios”.
And you also said that the value is different, since you said that the Core Game is not free.

Even More Articles

Straylight.7529

Thus you are acknoledging that Anet is selling 2 different products at the same price.
And you also said that the value is different, since you said that the Core Game is not free.

No, I simply offered two different scenarios to accomodate the person who asked the question. Personally, I see the game as one big game with a core-part and and HoT-part. The core-part being a free bonus if you purchase HoT.

To answer the question again “what is the worth of Guild Wars 2”. It’s 50$. That’s how much you have to pay to play Guild Wars 2 with all its features once HoT releases.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

No, I simply offered two different scenarios to accomodate the person who asked the question. Personally, I see the game as one big game with a core-part and and HoT-part. The core-part being a free bonus if you purchase HoT.

To answer the question again “what is the worth of Guild Wars 2”. It’s 50$. That’s how much you have to pay to play Guild Wars 2 with all its features once HoT releases.

But last week was 40 euros. Sometimes even 10. now they say HoT is 50. And HoT+Gw2 is 50. So gw2 is zero? If not zero, how much?

Even More Articles

Straylight.7529

But last week was 40 euros. Sometimes even 10. now they say HoT is 50. And HoT+Gw2 is 50. So gw2 is zero? If not zero, how much?

GW2 (core plus HoT) is not zero. It’s 0$+50$. The core-part (aka old content) will become zero once HoT releases. HoT is 50$. You need to buy HoT (if you’re a new player) to access the zero value core game. If you’re a veteran than your core game has been invalidated since it’s already three years old.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

GW2 (core plus HoT) is not zero. It’s 0$+50$.

You suck at math.
Sorry, you can’t have it your way, it’s either zero or 50.