bug bug

Forum bug I dont like bug bites

Everything wrong with HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Let me show it side by side.

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/20/gw2-feature-pack-patch-information-roadmap/

March 20 – Traits Unleashed: Forty New Traits and More!

March 21 – The Art of Combat

March 21 – Critical!

March 25 – A New Way to Explore the Looks of Guild Wars 2

March 25 – A Colorful Outlook

March 26 – Looking for Group?

March 27 – Removing Restrictions

March 27 – Account-Bound

March 28 – A Solid Foundation

April 2 – Facilitating Friendly Play

April 3 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Two

April 4 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Three

https://web.archive.org/web/20140510055449/https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

The link Inculpatus cedo.9234 was kind to link

Blog Posts

03 Apr The Megaserver System: Guilds and the Future

The megaserver system and the future of guilds, WvW, and more.

03 Apr The Megaserver System: World Bosses and Events

Our new megaserver system is bringing some changes to the way open-world boss encounters work.

02 Apr Introducing the Megaserver System

Learn all about our plan for bringing more players together in Guild Wars 2!

28 Mar PvP Reward Tracks and Gear Unification

The April 2014 Feature Pack is bringing big changes to PvP items and rewards! Read on to learn about our exciting plans.

27 Mar Say Goodbye to Armor Repair Costs and Hello to Free Trait Resets

The feature build is bringing in some economic changes. Learn all about them here!

27 Mar Account-Bound WXP, Legendaries, and Ascended Gear

Log in on April 15 to take advantage of account-bound World XP, ascended gear, and legendary weapons!

26 Mar Social Play Improvements

As part of the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’re introducing improvements to LFG and other social features!

25 Mar Dyes in the New Account Wardrobe

Big changes are coming to dyes in Guild Wars 2!

25 Mar Introducing the Wardrobe System

Prepare to enjoy a whole new way to customize all of your characters’ looks!

21 Mar Learn About Critical Damage Changes

The April 2014 Feature Pack is bringing changes to the way critical damage works. Read on to learn about ferocity, critical damage, and more!

21 Mar Runes, Sigils, and Balance Updates

Roy Cronacher and Karl McLain explain the exciting changes coming to runes, sigils, and class balance!

20 Mar Traits Unleashed: Forty New Traits and More!

Roy Cronacher and Karl McLain discuss major improvements to the trait system!

20 Mar Announcing the April 2014 Feature Pack!

The first-ever feature pack for Guild Wars 2 is coming on April 15!

Can you now see that the last 3 your so hung up on are indeed april 2 Introducing the Megaserver System april 3 the Megaserver System: World Bosses and Events and 03 Apr The Megaserver System: Guilds and the Future

The mega servers sure help with getting groups in a friendly manner since your grouped with friends list and guild your in

Edit
Since all of the names on dulfys list are indeed the teaser names

this is a list of links to unrelated articles from what I was talking about. no expression of me was in these posts and when this turned the thread aggressive I ceased to talk about it and tried to calmly redirect the conversation back to the revenant and the raiding system if you felt or anyone felt bullied by links posted on an unrelated topic to the thread discussion I am truly sorry and tried to end it and redirect it as calmly and considerately as I could at the time.

But those links are releated to one of your key points that every build should be as viable as the next. quote “every player/every class/every build accepted everytime”

April 2 – Facilitating Friendly Play = 02 Apr Introducing the Megaserver System

April 3 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Two = 03 Apr The Megaserver System: World Bosses and Events

April 4 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Three = 03 Apr The Megaserver System: Guilds and the Future

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Ok so for Revenant you would like to see more diversity, the ability to choose utilities and create a unique build. That’s reasonable, I don’t think it’s going to happen right away but certainly something to question in the future once the smoke of release clears.

Raids you would like to see a LFR (Looking for Raid) type of system similar to how a player queues up for PvP and have that system find your team based on the class roles that are needed ? Which could be a valuable tool so long as difficulty levels are not affected. You do realize though with a tool such as this you are going to get random strangers some of which you may not see eye to eye with in respect to their … mannerisms.

All in all I think both are not bad ideas, why did it take us 3 pages to reach this simple conclusion.

You’re not asking for raids to be easier just a more simplistic way to enter/organize a group to enjoy the content. Am I correct in assuming this is a good summary of what you’re asking for ?

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

linken said: On the revenant what you seem to want is a copy of elementalist attunement but instead call them legends?
I would have skipped weapon switch and have 3 legends that swaped out the 3 utility skills and add a f4 (maybe an f5 to) for each legend giving them close but not the same nr of skills as the elementalist. + depending on legend your weapon skills worked diffrently so the legends would be
1 melee power
1 melee condi
1 healing melee
1 ranged condi
1 range power
1 range condi
for example and you mix the 3 you like.

They would be very versatile but only a master of 1 due to what gear they wear.[/quote]

this is another nice idea, it clashes with my own personal playstyle of wanting make a build on my character regardless of class. but I can see how this would appeal to others playstyle while adding a small amount of variety to the class. ty for this post.

Warlock.7136

Let me show it side by side.

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/20/gw2-feature-pack-patch-information-roadmap/

March 20 – Traits Unleashed: Forty New Traits and More!

March 21 – The Art of Combat

March 21 – Critical!

March 25 – A New Way to Explore the Looks of Guild Wars 2

March 25 – A Colorful Outlook

March 26 – Looking for Group?

March 27 – Removing Restrictions

March 27 – Account-Bound

March 28 – A Solid Foundation

April 2 – Facilitating Friendly Play

April 3 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Two

April 4 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Three

https://web.archive.org/web/20140510055449/https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

The link Inculpatus cedo.9234 was kind to link

Blog Posts

03 Apr The Megaserver System: Guilds and the Future

The megaserver system and the future of guilds, WvW, and more.

03 Apr The Megaserver System: World Bosses and Events

Our new megaserver system is bringing some changes to the way open-world boss encounters work.

02 Apr Introducing the Megaserver System

Learn all about our plan for bringing more players together in Guild Wars 2!

28 Mar PvP Reward Tracks and Gear Unification

The April 2014 Feature Pack is bringing big changes to PvP items and rewards! Read on to learn about our exciting plans.

27 Mar Say Goodbye to Armor Repair Costs and Hello to Free Trait Resets

The feature build is bringing in some economic changes. Learn all about them here!

27 Mar Account-Bound WXP, Legendaries, and Ascended Gear

Log in on April 15 to take advantage of account-bound World XP, ascended gear, and legendary weapons!

26 Mar Social Play Improvements

As part of the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’re introducing improvements to LFG and other social features!

25 Mar Dyes in the New Account Wardrobe

Big changes are coming to dyes in Guild Wars 2!

25 Mar Introducing the Wardrobe System

Prepare to enjoy a whole new way to customize all of your characters’ looks!

21 Mar Learn About Critical Damage Changes

The April 2014 Feature Pack is bringing changes to the way critical damage works. Read on to learn about ferocity, critical damage, and more!

21 Mar Runes, Sigils, and Balance Updates

Roy Cronacher and Karl McLain explain the exciting changes coming to runes, sigils, and class balance!

20 Mar Traits Unleashed: Forty New Traits and More!

Roy Cronacher and Karl McLain discuss major improvements to the trait system!

20 Mar Announcing the April 2014 Feature Pack!

The first-ever feature pack for Guild Wars 2 is coming on April 15!

Can you now see that the last 3 your so hung up on are indeed april 2 Introducing the Megaserver System april 3 the Megaserver System: World Bosses and Events and 03 Apr The Megaserver System: Guilds and the Future

The mega servers sure help with getting groups in a friendly manner since your grouped with friends list and guild your in

Edit
Since all of the names on dulfys list are indeed the teaser names

this is a list of links to unrelated articles from what I was talking about. no expression of me was in these posts and when this turned the thread aggressive I ceased to talk about it and tried to calmly redirect the conversation back to the revenant and the raiding system if you felt or anyone felt bullied by links posted on an unrelated topic to the thread discussion I am truly sorry and tried to end it and redirect it as calmly and considerately as I could at the time.

But those links are releated to one of your key points that every build should be as viable as the next. quote “every player/every class/every build accepted everytime”

April 2 – Facilitating Friendly Play = 02 Apr Introducing the Megaserver System

April 3 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Two = 03 Apr The Megaserver System: World Bosses and Events

April 4 – Facilitating Friendly Play: Part Three = 03 Apr The Megaserver System: Guilds and the Future

this is not a productive topic of discussion.

Warlock.7136

Ok so for Revenant you would like to see more diversity, the ability to choose utilities and create a unique build. That’s reasonable, I don’t think it’s going to happen right away but certainly something to question in the future once the smoke of release clears.

Raids you would like to see a LFR (Looking for Raid) type of system similar to how a player queues up for PvP and have that system find your team based on the class roles that are needed ? Which could be a valuable tool so long as difficulty levels are not affected. You do realize though with a tool such as this you are going to get random strangers some of which you may not see eye to eye with in respect to their … mannerisms.

All in all I think both are not bad ideas, why did it take us 3 pages to reach this simple conclusion.

You’re not asking for raids to be easier just a more simplistic way to enter/organize a group to enjoy the content. Am I correct in assuming this is a good summary of what you’re asking for ?

this is brilliantly summed up and I too don’t understand why the thread diveated so much. ty for this post.

Linken.6345

In a way s/he is asking for them to be easier since “every player/every class/every build accepted everytime” are suposed to be able to lfr and the raid must be tune for that.

s/he did say that the lfr should pair people to be able to do it so if you need 1 more berserker and the only ones queing are soldiers, clerics and zealots. Tough luck be prepared to que for hours. ( the reason they made healers and tank not required is the whole point they went with soft trinity at all so people shouldent have to wait for a specific person, I dont see them changing that now)

May I ask what your requirment/dungeon were when you waited for hours and end without getting groups filled in lfg? If it was arah I can understand it not many pug that
one.

I done all welcome groups on all but arah and only time I wait longer then 15 mins are during the night at 2am-5am my time.

Posted by: MissKitty.9054

MissKitty.9054

Personally I find the rev very unique not like the other classes. An should stay that way so it stay unique. if they were to change this to be more like the other classes its uniqueness is thown out the window. An when i look at comments talking about rev in this forums i see that ppl r trying to change its unique style to something like ele or another class. not all classes r made for everyone that should be respected. I love the class the way it is. Its different an being different is a good thing. I plan on maining Rev when HoT lanuchs I just hope they dont change the style because ppl dont like how it is now.

Random.4691

I don’t see an issue with a LFR system (aside from more resource investment from Anet) but I have to agree with Linken, you either should have to accept that it could take awhile to find the suitable roles or you chance raid failure because you substitute a particular role with a fill in.

That is at least my opinion on that matter. So long as the raid itself does not change, if players can find a way to make a different set up work then all the power to them.

Warlock.7136

In a way s/he is asking for them to be easier since “every player/every class/every build accepted everytime” are suposed to be able to lfr and the raid must be tune for that.

s/he did say that the lfr should pair people to be able to do it so if you need 1 more berserker and the only ones queing are soldiers, clerics and zealots. Tough luck be prepared to que for hours. ( the reason they made healers and tank not required is the whole point they went with soft trinity at all so people shouldent have to wait for a specific person, I dont see them changing that now)

May I ask what your requirment/dungeon were when you waited for hours and end without getting groups filled in lfg? If it was arah I can understand it not many pug that
one.

I done all welcome groups on all but arah and only time I wait longer then 15 mins are during the night at 2am-5am my time.

I see the problems with the system as you pointed out. but players don’t wait hours for a pvp que. I wanted raids doable by the same kind of groups that pvp finds itself having. with similar que times.

my post was “lfg and leader for path x”

Warlock.7136

this was a repeat occurance while I was working toward my dungeon master achieve which I now have. so it was several times of 30 mins+ and my group never was answered I had to take down my post and join another group.

Random.4691

I actually agree with you on this, I don’t believe it would take hours to have a group assembled, maybe in time once everyone has completed the first section it would take longer but that’s the norm in every game. I think once HoT hits if there was a LFR system available wait times would be maybe 15 min at most and even that is pushing it.

Warlock.7136

linken said: I done all welcome groups on all but arah and only time I wait longer then 15 mins are during the night at 2am-5am my time.

this might have something to do with my experience I am on est and were running them between my hours of 10am-2:30pm. I am hestitant to blame all of it on my timing as I said I was watching the dungeons lfg tool and saw other groups forming rather rapidly so long as they were “zerk only speed runs”

a thought: there was also another category of groups doing the dungeon runs that repeatedly kicked me or simply didn’t accept me and that was the exp only. as I only needed each path once ever, I could not claim to be exp.

(edited by Warlock.7136)

Linken.6345

linken said: I done all welcome groups on all but arah and only time I wait longer then 15 mins are during the night at 2am-5am my time.

this might have something to do with my experience I am on est and were running them between my hours of 10am-2:30pm. I am hestitant to blame all of it on my timing as I said I was watching the dungeons lfg tool and saw other groups forming rather rapidly so long as they were “zerk only speed runs”

And Im on Eu and here all welcome groups fill up faster (hence you hardly see any and have to start you own) then the zerkers since they are less specific. No clue how the dungeon scene is over on Na.

Warlock.7136

they sound very different, but as others have expressed that my experience may not have been typical, I can’t say for sure.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

they sound very different, but as others have expressed that my experience may not have been typical, I can’t say for sure.

If most of your time is during the week, that could be why your groups take longer to fill.

During the day many people have errands to run or chores to do if they aren’t at school or working. They don’t typically have time to slot for half hour or longer dungeon (all welcome groups can go long due to inexperience and play styles). Or are stay at home parents who may not have the time to dedicate to dungeons.

If you ran your groups in the evenings after reset (8 pm EST currently), you’d likely have more success getting into a casual group or forming one yourself.

Warlock.7136

ty I appreciate the tip unfortunately for physical reasons i’m not prepared to go into here my day effectively ends around 3pm est. either way it’s not a concern anymore. I will never run fractals because I refuse to support a dungeon that requires an armor set that is only useful in that one dungeon. agony infusions could have been like luck. that is to say you use them they add permanently to your agony resistance stat. taking up slots on equipment that is then useless anywhere else is not something I support. sw makes me the most money. so dungeons aren’t useful to me in that way. and I have my dungeon master achievement now.

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

@Warlock

The reply function appears to be bugged. I did not mean you were being a bully in this thread, but rather came across as a bully in game. Asking that gear checks be a form of harassment is a way to bully others into playing with you when they would rather not play with people with your play-style.

Many on these forums come across this way. In their disdain for “meta” play – warranted or not – their desire to prevent others from playing how they want is a form of bullying.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Warlock.7136

and it is not bullying to say “play my way or else?” this is what the zerk only meta does everyday. I am trying to ask for a system where every player is considered equal regardless of their play style and is welcomed into any activity they choose to participate in. being asked for a zerk gear or min/maxer build as a requirement to do content is just as overbearing as what you are saying I am doing. I am sorry if you felt bullied. telling our friends to go away because you don’t want to play with them because they play “wrong” is bullying. that having been said I once again apologize if I have wronged you in any way. and I would once again like to stop talking about group dynamics in this thread as it is apparently a very touchy subject.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

their desire to prevent others from playing how they want is a form of bullying.

Isn’t that exactly what gear checks do? people actively preventing others from playing how they want?

Random.4691

Gear checks have a purpose, some may not agree with it and that’s their right but the certainly shouldn’t be upset if a group doesn’t accept them for feeling they are above a gear check. To go into certain aspect with sub optimal gear ruins the fun for some players. When I ran with my WvW guild our guild members were expected to play certain builds with certain stat combinations, if they chose not to run these builds they became a liability to everyone else. Getting wiped because one rallybot decides they are above a gear check is not fun, it effectively ruins the fun for everyone else that took the time to build correctly. Now if someone doesn’t want to go through this ordeal they have a choice, they can leave the guild because that was our expectations. It’s not rude or bullying, think of it as a dress code at work, the code is there for a reason, it wasn’t implemented to bully employee’s.

Dungeon or PvE gear checks are no different, you have the option to say “nope I don’t want to run that way” again, it’s not bullying, it’s a difference of opinion and playstyle.

(edited by Random.4691)

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

@castlemanic

It allows discrimination but it also isn’t a bludgeon that can be used to control people. You can choose not to play with certain people but those people aren’t prevented from seeking out people who are like them.

Non-meta players aren’t welcome in meta groups but they can still play how they want with other like minded people (most of us aren’t meta players in PvE). I don’t PvE regularly but I’ve never had a problem with meta players as I don’t join their groups.

I primarily PvP and my guild welcomes everyone (despite being a PvP only guild) so even though I usually run premades or partial premades skill levels are all over the place so my win rate is just shy of 50%. I know going in that not everyone will know how to rotate or can be trusted to win 1v1s regularly (which is why I refuse to play even Unranked without TS, incidentally).

Other guilds require you be at least PvP rank 60. I could join one of those guilds if I wanted but I like the people in mine. My win rate would probably be over 70% but I don’t care that much. If I were PvP rank 20 however, I would not be upset that I could not join those guilds… while PvP rank is a very crude way to measure skill (just as with gear checks or AP checks) they are free to play with whomever they want and exclude whomever they want.

I don’t have the right to force them to play with me if I were a noobie… similarly non-meta PvEers don’t have the right to be included in every group that advertised in LFG. There is room for all kinds of players and there is nothing inherently wrong with exclusion. You don’t have the right to another person’s time.

@Warlock

Since you would like to end this line of discussion I will just reiterate you have not bullied me or wronged me in any way.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Seera.5916

and it is not bullying to say “play my way or else?” this is what the zerk only meta does everyday. I am trying to ask for a system where every player is considered equal regardless of their play style and is welcomed into any activity they choose to participate in. being asked for a zerk gear or min/maxer build as a requirement to do content is just as overbearing as what you are saying I am doing. I am sorry if you felt bullied. telling our friends to go away because you don’t want to play with them because they play “wrong” is bullying. that having been said I once again apologize if I have wronged you in any way. and I would once again like to stop talking about group dynamics in this thread as it is apparently a very touchy subject.

Step into the shoes of the players who don’t join properly written LFG’s and demand players play meta anyway. The ones who only join the “p1 zerk ping gear” groups when they’re wanting to play meta with other people who want to play meta.

Your solution is to get rid of the ability for those players to PUG with each other easily. You told them “Sorry, you can’t play how you want to play because your side has jerks that try to force casual runs to be speed runs.” Those jerks are in a minority. And there are jerks on the casual side who purposely join speed run groups in non-meta gear and lie about their gear in order to get carried because how dare someone want to play with others with the same goal.

Your solution is hypocritical (no I’m not saying you are, just your solution).

Linken.6345

So instead of 5 berserkers getting to chose to play with eachother, you want to force them to play with anyone who can have every stat combination thinkable out there.

Some how that aint bullying but they wanting to play with eachother and exluding you is?

Warlock.7136

So instead of 5 berserkers getting to chose to play with eachother, you want to force them to play with anyone who can have every stat combination thinkable out there.

Some how that aint bullying but they wanting to play with eachother and exluding you is?

I stated in a previous post that I acknowledge the right of meta players to play meta. anet has stated that it “left gear/build inspect functions out of the game on purpose” I am washing my hands of this topic and would once again like to say to everyone on this thread. stop talking about group mechanics as it obviously upsets everyone involved. if you would like to talk about revenants and raid mechanics that is what this thread is for, at least that is what it was intended for. I am no longer acknowledging posts about group mechanics. so much unnecessary aggression in this thread. I am reminded about a one page ad in a roleplaying magazine when I was younger about a white wolf game called wraith the oblivion. it was a grey smoke colored page with the blurry words “it’s only a game” written over and over and over.

(edited by Warlock.7136)

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

@castlemanic

It allows discrimination but it also isn’t a bludgeon that can be used to control people. You can choose not to play with certain people but those people aren’t prevented from seeking out people who are like them.

Non-meta players aren’t welcome in meta groups but they can still play how they want with other like minded people (most of us aren’t meta players in PvE). I don’t PvE regularly but I’ve never had a problem with meta players as I don’t join their groups.

I primarily PvP and my guild welcomes everyone (despite being a PvP only guild) so even though I usually run premades or partial premades skill levels are all over the place so my win rate is just shy of 50%. I know going in that not everyone will know how to rotate or can be trusted to win 1v1s regularly (which is why I refuse to play even Unranked without TS, incidentally).

Other guilds require you be at least PvP rank 60. I could join one of those guilds if I wanted but I like the people in mine. My win rate would probably be over 70% but I don’t care that much. If I were PvP rank 20 however, I would not be upset that I could not join those guilds… while PvP rank is a very crude way to measure skill (just as with gear checks or AP checks) they are free to play with whomever they want and exclude whomever they want.

I don’t have the right to force them to play with me if I were a noobie… similarly non-meta PvEers don’t have the right to be included in every group that advertised in LFG. There is room for all kinds of players and there is nothing inherently wrong with exclusion. You don’t have the right to another person’s time.

I understand the notion that forcing a meta player to play with a non-meta player is a bad thing, but it’s also a bad thing if meta players bar non-meta players from playing as well. It can get to the point where non-meta players might be constantly turned down from groups because they’re not hard-core or don’t pass gear requirements, and through constant rejection be unable to play content. It actively forces out a section of the community from participating in a certain type of content and that is also a form of bullying, especially when hard-core players dominate a certain type of content (which is why, for example, there is ranked pvp and non-ranked pvp. one’s much more hard-core than the other).

Not that there’s a true solution to stopping either situation, one way or the other someone’s being excluded (which i hate, but moving on), but that doesn’t mean one side is bullying and the other side isnt, in fact both are forms of bullying.

Seera.5916

I stated in a previous post that I acknowledge the right of meta players to play meta. anet has stated that it “left gear/build inspect functions out of the game on purpose” I am washing my hands of this topic and would once again like to say to everyone on this thread. stop talking about group mechanics as it obviously upsets everyone involved. if you would like to talk about revenants and raid mechanics that is what this thread is for, at least that is what it was intended for. I am no longer acknowledging posts about group mechanics. so much unnecessary aggression in this thread. I am reminded about a one page ad in a roleplaying magazine when I was younger about a white wolf game called wraith the oblivion. it was a grey smoke colored page with the blurry words “it’s only a game” written over and over and over.

You can’t control what people do and do not post in a thread. People aren’t going to stop talking about it just because you say you’re done. They’re not and others on the forum aren’t either. You don’t own this thread. Yes, you’re the OP and have set the topics for the thread, but you don’t own the thread.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not ‘aggression or aggressive’ to disagree with you or provide facts proving you wrong. As much as you would like to control what is posted, I’m afraid that’s not possible in a public forum unless you can attain the position of Moderator.

Many a thread has branched out to include ideas or thoughts, not only directly addressing the OP, but in a broader sense, as well.

It’s always a good thing to try to be open-minded. Good luck.

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

A little off topic, but since this topic is so hard to follow due to how the OP is having trouble quoting:

The code you want to make sure stays in the post after you edit so you can successfully quote someone is this:

[ quote=<Don’t touch what is written here, this will fill in automatically when you use the arrow button with their name and post number>:]

Here is their text

[/quote]

You want to not touch the 2 bolded parts and only edit the “here is their text” if you want to reply to something specific in their post.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

so before I begin talking about my beta experiences lets set some ground rules. if you don’t have anything constructive to say, say nothing. example. “I think that this content was fun for me/the content could be changed in this way to make it better” is constructive dialog and “ok what do you expect? I think you are…” these are not constructive. moving on.

the negative impacts of my beta experiences on my opinion of HoT were as follows.

1. I didn’t really like Revenant. why? a lack of customizable utility skills allows for minimal variance between revenants. build variety should be treasured. if a class is added that class should follow the general guide lines of the other classes including their own selectable individual utility skills. the replacement of utility skills with locked spirit skills hurts the classes playability.

2. all of the content I have seen so far is intended for groups of 3 players and more. why I see this as bad. there are several players out there that want solo content/duo content.
I believe there to be many guilds out there that are husband and wife(like mine) or a couple of friends that play together only. I have been playing gw sense initial na release of gw1. I have enjoyed years of gameplay both in gw1 and gw2 with my wife. I have very little interest in dealing with elitists who want you to play their way only/feel they should have some sort of supervisory powers over you and your playtime/play style.
I have said before “the less I deal with other players the more I enjoy my playtime.” this has been proven to me repeatedly and for over 20 years of gaming. every time I hear a player say “oh but it isn’t like that” and I try and deal with those players it all eventually turns into the same aggravating overly dramatic negative playtime. this has been tested on 50+ games hundreds of times. (raids take a commander tag which one must purchase for hundreds of gold./guild missions and guild halls will only be able to be built/done with guilds working at 3 players+ at a time.) is it so wrong to want to play the game content silently and in my own way that I enjoy? raids should have been part of the lfg tool or their own icon/interface where players can select a raid and get matched to a party to do the raid.

3. the super Mario brothers syndrome. imo SaB was the worst content ever made for gw2. why? because of the low quality throwback graphics/SMB style play. I want new content shown to me in new ways. from my new expansion to my cutting edge game.
I was seriously discouraged to find out that the trampoline mushrooms(and they are even mushrooms) from the super Mario brothers series(that hasn’t entertained me sense I was 8 ) was apparently going to be a major part of the HoT maps(as they made up a large portion of the beta map/mastery system)

when I mention these things in game(only after being asked direct questions) I am told the same thing “why do you play mmos” the answer? because I enjoy the playtime I get with my wife and my friends(before they all quit gw2 rather then spend hundreds of gold regearing their mains after last feature pack: my friends that is). there are no high quality massive single player rpgs anymore as mmos have replaced them. while I understand the need for group content I feel that less social players who simply want to silently play their game are excluded when you require player counts. until anet either establishes a banned on first social violation(thus scaring everyone into playing nice) or gear inspects/build inspects being declared as forms of player harassment this will continue. I originally thought anet agreed that “every player and every build should be accepted every time” was their stated goal(and a good goal). but a lack of follow through on the zerk only toxicity has shown otherwise. it should be noted that I am willing and capable of enjoying group play by taking instructions that are content only related (what to do at a particular boss etc) without being told what I must run/equip.
I do not enjoy my average interaction with other players and so I find following in silence is the best course for me and groups.

I’m done with this post I had more to say but I see I am expressing it through a frustrated perspective which solves nothing. I can only hope I am judging the expansion on an incomplete system. otherwise I am discouraged that I spent 200$(two copies of ultimate. one for me and one for my wife) on content I can never play.

Attachments:

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You lost me at SAB being the worst addition ever.

I mean, seriously, who are you!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: keth.1836

keth.1836

I just want to add my 1 millionth and seventy two thousand agreement with the OP.

Far too much forcing people to the play style Anet wants rather than giving us choices. HoT sounds like it’s 80% party orientated for the 20% of the population who love that dungeon stuff. That stinks.

Every time something is made only accessible in a fractal, or dungeon, or with party play, you are screwing 80% of the population. And you wonder why numbers go down? Just because the 20% dungeon lovers scream the loudest doesn’t make it the best policy.

Lone adventurers RULE!.

(edited by keth.1836)

Random.4691

I’m glad you have all the inside info that we don’t so you could come up with those number’s. Please do keep us informed from this point forward so we can all be in the loop.

Posted by: keth.1836

keth.1836

I will. It’s good your willing to learn.

I’m glad you have all the inside info that we don’t so you could come up with those number’s. Please do keep us informed from this point forward so we can all be in the loop.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I just want to add my 1 millionth and seventy two thousand agreement with the OP.

Far too much forcing people to the play style Anet wants rather than giving us choices. HoT sounds like it’s 80% party orientated for the 20% of the population who love that dungeon stuff. That stinks.

Every time something is made only accessible in a fractal, or dungeon, or with party play, you are screwing 80% of the population. And you wonder why numbers go down? Just because the 20% dungeon lovers scream the loudest doesn’t make it the best policy.

Lone adventurers RULE!.

And what do you think the % of player are PvP, WvW, Solo player? Probably not the majority. So each time someone is create about something in the game, it screw up with the majority of players?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD