Exalted Mastery disappointment?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Before I get to the point I have to first say that I absolutely love the Exalted – the idea they stand for, the concept, the way they look, their City – everything looks amazing and is one of the best things they’ve put out with GW2 ( and even GW1).

I am however very disappointed with the in-game implementation of Exalted masteries – they look second rate and having recently gotten tier 4 in it I came to realize that the Tier 4 mastery description is very far from what’s going on in game.

So – the description:

“Become honored among the Exalted by challenging their champion each day, and unlock their finest treasures within the Forgotten City”

The “champion” isn’t even an instance – so you zerg it down with 40+ players in a top notch clusterkitten of particle effects and res icons from all the people that can’t dodge the AOEs. Needless to say this is a bit sad.

“The finest treasures withing the Forgotten City” are 1 rare, 10 Aurillium and a blue. Those are the finest treasures that Tarir has to offer an “honored” ally.

I understand that the rewards probably won’t be increased ( given the way the champion works).
I understand the fight won’t be reworked most likely – but please -at least change the description so it’s not as deceitful as it is right now.

I would have been ok with it saying “a daily reward” – but “finest treasures” for a rare and a blue is just too much.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Yeah i agree with u, esp the part bout finest treasures.. what bs PR lore rp talk. Im better off killing a few mobs to get the map currency bag, daily champ is a waste of time now that we have so many activities in our schedule

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The 3 mastery champions are all a waste of time, unless it turns out they have something on their loot tables that you cannot get somewhere else I wont be bothering with them.

Harper.4173

If that is the case ( as it might be) shouldn’t they have said anything about it?
I mean – people should at least know if there’s a chance to drop a great item.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

“The finest treasures withing the Forgotten City” are 1 rare, 10 Aurillium and a blue. Those are the finest treasures that Tarir has to offer an “honored” ally.

That’s about all they have left after making the mortgage payments on their solid gold city.

And let’s not even try to guess what the interest rates are like on a multi-century loan contract. Or insurance and property taxes on a place that big.

That way lies madness.

Then there are all the life insurance payouts for Exalted who sacrifice themselves to protect the city, on top of union scale and pension plans for burnishers.

It’s amazing the Tarir City Council can make ends meet at all.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Duh! This is Anet. They give you a Transcendent chest for taking a camp in wvw. Transcendent? Really? Transcendent means god-like, or beyond human comprehension. The only “transcendent” chest is one that has an ascended box or precursor in it. It would kill the RP experience, but anet should really make the chest descriptions to reflect reality. Imo, most chests should be called pathetic, insufficient, or frustrating.

Osu

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The finest treasures in the land…are STILL in Silverwastes.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

It doesnt seem like a adventure it seems like a "buy some gold with irl money " and they made it in steps so its like 10 dollars there 10 dolla here. Not a fun grind 2bh.

Harper.4173

+1 to you Osu – I really dislike the way this is worded. Each time I look at that description – makes me feel cheated somehow.

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

Honestly they should put Exalted Gatherer down to number three since so many people want to get ascended tier gear and it is already a struggle to get but getting that mastery is a serious grind issue, as well as the stealth detection, but that one is understandable.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Then there are all the life insurance payouts for Exalted who sacrifice themselves to protect the city, on top of union scale and pension plans for burnishers.

I do not think that life insurance will cover “suicide/martyr Exalted”.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

That’s about all they have left after making the mortgage payments on their solid gold city.

Have you checked gold prices lately? It’s cheaper than any other ore in the world, save for Mithril (see the pattern here?).

Those gold coins in your wallet? Each one of them is apparently made of approximately 100 clumps of gold ore, or 50 gold ingots.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I was about to point out that the last time the Exalted had time to stock their treasure room, item rarity was different.

Then I remembered blue items are also common in GW1, so that doesn’t make sense either.

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

The worst thing is, that exalted gathering – a mastery that does NOTHING else than complete some collections(!) is tier 5. You’ll HAVE to get it, if you ever want to complete these collections.
That is nonsense, especially for those, who don’t have – or will never have enough mastery points to max everything out.
It should be tier 3 or 4. (has anyone ever encountered a situations where you could use – or WILL need tier 3 anyway? Exalted help? I’ve never been in one, and I’ve never seen someone use it, nor did I find a way to use it myself so… Where’s the point? If there had to be pointless masteries like champion stuff or whatever they should have been in the higher tiers for those who MUST have everything…)

But well good to know, I’d rather save my mastery points for more important stuff like Itzel poision mastery or stuff instead.

Trahearne <3

Harper.4173

Update: I gave up on working on Exalted Masteries – there simply is no point.
You are in no way uniquely rewarded for your affiliation with the Exalted.

You get nothing exclusive for being rank 5 vs let’s say rank 2. I am pretty upset that the faction I now like most in game(and is arguably one of the most interesting and awesome looking) offers so little to players in terms of skins and unique looks.

Also exalted mastery 3 does pretty much nothing.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Most of the exalted line is just a massive time sink they hid collections bits behind.

Only reason to get more than t2 in it, and they know it.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Harper.4173

Most of the exalted line is just a massive time sink they hid collections bits behind.

Only reason to get more than t2 in it, and they know it.

I wish I had known that before I got T4 – now I’ve simply wasted points.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

How on earth could a blue be anyone’s “finest treasure?”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

You get nothing exclusive for being rank 5 vs let’s say rank 2. I am pretty upset that the faction I now like most in game(and is arguably one of the most interesting and awesome looking) offers so little to players in terms of skins and unique looks.

Sadly you need top level to get the elite spec weapon collection. So there ARE “exclusive” skin looks there. In the worst way possible, of course.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Have you checked gold prices lately? It’s cheaper than any other ore in the world, save for Mithril (see the pattern here?).

Those gold coins in your wallet? Each one of them is apparently made of approximately 100 clumps of gold ore, or 50 gold ingots.

That’s probably what has them in the red: they bought the Forgotten City way over appraisal during a bubble, and now they’re underwater.

Mordremoth had better be careful. If he pushes them too far, they may just bail and leave him holding the keys to Tyria’s biggest money pit.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Must be fools gold we are mining; I know it sure feels like it!

Harper.4173

Sadly you need top level to get the elite spec weapon collection. So there ARE “exclusive” skin looks there. In the worst way possible, of course.

Except I don’t really care about their ugly torch for my warrior so I guess I’ll never touch it.

The only Elite spec final tier weapon I do like is the engineer hammer.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

The 3 mastery champions are all a waste of time, unless it turns out they have something on their loot tables that you cannot get somewhere else I wont be bothering with them.

Agreed… only reason I leveled mine that far was so I could get to exalted gathering as that is needed for Dark Harvest…

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Let’s face it: The descriptions were written to sound cool, not be accurate. Here are some honest descriptions:

Blazing Speed Mushrooms – Go 7% faster than swiftness some of the time. If you drop all movement speed buffs and walk around as slow as molasses, this will feel pretty fast on the occasion that you find one!

Exalted Acceptance (and other similar ones) – You can now buy stuff from vendors you would have had access to immediately in the pre-mastery game!

Nuhoch Wallows – It’s like Skritt tunnels, but you pay in XP so you don’t have to roll a die on whether they’ll be open to use!

Nuhoch Hunting – You now have a chance to loot another kind of bag. I know I know, your inventory was feeling lonely. This will help solve the problem.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Except I don’t really care about their ugly torch for my warrior so I guess I’ll never touch it.

The only Elite spec final tier weapon I do like is the engineer hammer.

Can’t call you wrong. While Fix-R-Upper is beautiful, all the others are mostly forgettable. Still, being boring doesn’t make them less exclusive. :P

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I get the impression that most of the masteries are just gating, since after all they can’t use level gating anymore since they didn’t increase the level.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The downed players on the champion are hysterical. The attack takes like 2 seconds to go off and covers the entire friggen area in count-down circles! You don’t even have to learn the timing, it tells you exactly when to dodge.

Harper.4173

Except me and most others are half-afk processing loot, doing stuff on the TP and generally just tagging and bagging.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Except me and most others are half-afk processing loot, doing stuff on the TP and generally just tagging and bagging.

There is nothing else to do in the area, you don’t accidentally fight a champ. If you were just standing there and someone else triggers it, you have ample time to move 6 feet to the left to avoid the fight.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

A lot of the masteries don’t make sense. the placing of them even less. The Exalted won’t sell me anything, even though I brought them Glints Egg, and they will let me see the egg when ever I want, But if I want to buy anything, I’m sorry but we don’t trust you…..

Yeah they don’t make any sense.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Harper.4173

There is nothing else to do in the area, you don’t accidentally fight a champ. If you were just standing there and someone else triggers it, you have ample time to move 6 feet to the left to avoid the fight.

I was not accidentally fighting it – I was fighting it while managing inventory – it doesn’t matter at all since there’s a 50+ man zerg every time. That’s not an encounter I as a player can take seriously.

The particle effects alone are too much – so I’m sorry but I can’t really bother to fully “fight it”.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

A lot of the masteries don’t make sense. the placing of them even less. The Exalted won’t sell me anything, even though I brought them Glints Egg, and they will let me see the egg when ever I want, But if I want to buy anything, I’m sorry but we don’t trust you…..

Yeah they don’t make any sense.

But wait.. they will trust you if you kill enough things. And you’ll be able to glide and jump on mushrooms and breathe poison. Never underestimate the educational benefits of killing.