Exotics Drop Rate

Exotics Drop Rate

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Dear Anet,

I noticed that drop rate at least for some exotics was increased in several times,

Auction House filled-up now with hudreds of [Berserker’s Scallywag Pauldrons of the Traveler], [Berserker’s Scallywag Gauntlets of the Pack], etc.

As result we also have “[Globs of Ectoplasm]” flood too.

Was it a drop-BUG, or a special feature for HoT?

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I don’t think the drop rate has been increased, I think it’s almost exclusively because people are doing the HoT meta events that drop crap tons of loot and champ bags.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

Based on my own anecdotal experience, the drop rate of exotics in HoT is higher than the core game. I’ve had at least 10 exotics (armor and weapons) drop in HoT since it released. It would take me about 6 months of play to get that many exotics from the core game.

I don’t see this in the core game, though. I’ve spent more time in the core game than HoT and all my exotic drops have come from HoT.

Might just be sweet RNG.

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

They were rewards for map completion in dry top, silverwastes and southsun shore, and loads of players have just received them now that map completion for those zones has been fixed in the recent patch for characters that already had world completion.

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

They were rewards for map completion in dry top, silverwastes and southsun shore, and loads of players have just received them now that map completion for those zones has been fixed in the recent patch for characters that already had world completion.

OP, if those items you are seeing a huge influx of are level 76-78, then the above poster is correct. A ton of us finally got our map completion rewards for those maps on our 100% map completion characters.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Ah yes, I believe – you absolutely right!

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This would be due to map completion rewards, I’m guessing.

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes and ectos were the reward for Fireheart today.

Although I did see a rise in exotics and rares drop for me since HoT. That could be coincidental or perhaps they found a glitch in magic find that was fixed.

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Huh, people are getting exotics in HoT content? I’ve had nothing but masterworks and uncommons except in AB, where I’ve gotten rares from exalted chests.

Regarding map completion rewards… it’s been a little while since I’ve gotten equipment through one, but aren’t they account bound? (I’m probably remembering wrong.)

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

Regarding map completion rewards… it’s been a little while since I’ve gotten equipment through one, but aren’t they account bound? (I’m probably remembering wrong.)

They aren’t account bound in the core game or HoT. The rewards you get for leveling up pre 80 however are, so perhaps that’s what you were recalling.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

They aren’t account bound in the core game or HoT. The rewards you get for leveling up pre 80 however are, so perhaps that’s what you were recalling.

Ah, I’m remembering those and story rewards. My mistake.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Exotics Drop Rate

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep. A large part of it is due entirely to a huge number of players who didn’t get their map completion rewards for Southsun/Dry Top/Silverwastes and whatever HoT maps they had already done. Once the bug was fixed, a HUGE number of Exotics flooded into the market.

I really should have held onto mine for a week or two before selling, but my bank is already bursting at the seams storing all the new stuff for collections and what-not that I simply had to free up some space.