Expansion pack or Stand alone game

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

What are you looking for? All the crying about not getting an expansion pack and then all the crying about what was announced as the expansion pack.

Let’s be clear about this – EotN was an expansion pack.
Factions and Nightfall were STAND ALONE games because you didn’t need the original game to play them.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

It is not like one has the luxery of choosing. Factions and Nightfal were much bigger than EotN thus they cost much more resources to produce.

The fair question to ask is thus: Do you want more frequent but smaller expansions (like EoTN) or do you want less frequent but bigger stand alone games (like Factions and Nightfall)?

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

This seems like an expansion to me.

I guess I just glazed over the QQ posts about it as I don’t really recall them.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

It is not like one has the luxery of choosing. Factions and Nightfal were much bigger than EotN thus they cost much more resources to produce.

The fair question to ask is thus: Do you want more frequent but smaller expansions (like EoTN) or do you want less frequent but bigger stand alone games (like Factions and Nightfall)?

I completely agree with your comment. My curiosity is regarding the complaining – they seem to expect a stand alone game like Factions. Scream for expansion, cry because it is expansion.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I completely agree with your comment. My curiosity is regarding the complaining – they seem to expect a stand alone game like Factions. Scream for expansion, cry because it is expansion.

I have learned to never understand the people posting on forums. They are by far the vast minority of people actually playing the game.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I think a lot of people did not expect something EoTN sized for the first expansion though.

That was the last thing they did for GW1 and their timing made some sense because they were stopping development.

So maybe this is the last thing they do for GW2 before announcing Guild Wars 3 next year.