Experiencing the Crystal - The Bifrost III

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Luna.8603

Luna.8603

This achievement is the only thing stopping me from saying that the precursor crafting was near perfect, the whole experience of building the parts of the precursor and learning how to perfect it was amazing, but this one achievement lets it down, it is pure RNG blinds effect the shatterer for whatever reason, and thus most of the attacks miss, on top of this the attack only targets 5 people (pets/clones included) so the chances of getting this achievement is pure RNG and very slim at best, this isn’t helped by the 3 hour CD of the boss.

Even if you want it to be longer than just the rest I would much rather have to kill multiple of the world bosses to harvest something than just wait 3 hours for each shatterer and just hope it happens. As you can see from the achievements (attached screenshot) that I have done everything but this one. I am attempting it every 3 hours, not going to lie I want to start working on the third recipe but I am stuck just waiting on that RNG to strike me.

TL:DR: The precursor journey thus far is AMAZING I can’t lie, it’s what I hoped it to be and slightly more, but this one RNG achievement is unneeded and ruins the whole journey and either should be replaced with something without RNG but still semi time consuming (30mins-1 hour seems fair).

Thanks for reading and I hope this didn’t come across hostile, just expressing my two cents. ^^

Edit: With all these blinds I don’t even see others get crystaled, maybe increasing the amount of people that got crystaled and make shatterer immune to blinds would work also.

Attachments:

(edited by Luna.8603)

Posted by: Ariath.8753

Ariath.8753

i’m at your same point… the shatter won’t crystallize me… can i ask the golem part? i’ve tryied with all the golems around tyria but none worked for me =/

Ariath.8753

found was the light infused golem in dry top =P still need the shatterer anyway… -_- pls dev help us

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Yea, the shaterer crystal is such a PITA. Seriously, change this. This one puts a huge stinker on the whole The Legend crafting experience.

Ariath.8753

most of peoples i’ve met in game says the same thing, most of shatterer encounter end without a single crystallized character that made all of this really sad and almost impossible to complete… we spent hours and money on this and we are stucked at a step to the end…

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

“We’ve provided a way of removing the RNG factor from obtaining precursors by adding collections which rely on RNG”

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

This needs to stay on the front page as it ruins one of the selling points for HoT and that is the precursor scavenger hunt. I hope a dev replies!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

“We’ve provided a way of removing the RNG factor from obtaining precursors by adding collections which rely on RNG”

Yeah, sometimes, I don’t think they think things through very well. lol

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Removing RNG was the goal. Since when adding new RNG became a viable alternative?

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Ariath.8753

So still nothing? keep doing the shatterer and still no one get crystallized

Posted by: Pistol Joe.3741

Pistol Joe.3741

stuck there as well :|

Beer Belly Joe – SoS NA

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

kittenjust realized i needed this for bifrost this morning, nothing yet T.T

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: dagui.7426

dagui.7426

stuck there as well. I suggest to report on their guilds. so that no colleague fall into that trap too

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

Agreed. I unlocked the achievements Bifrost III and didn’t look at them until today. I’ve been doing the shatterer for 2 weeks now without even realizing I qualified to get this achievement.

Posted by: Mitci.2619

Mitci.2619

Hello, i think this achi is much easy if you stay away from the zerg on the hill and go near his hand. I did it at my 2nd shatt. But ok you need also a bit of luck because Blind is really terrible on this boss.

Gl

Attachments:

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Perhaps I am just lucky but I got this on my first try. Here’s how I did it:
(read it on reddit somewhere)
First do the pre event and gather all the stuff (don’t remember the name), but instead of giving it to the npc, you keep it. After pre event you go to shatterer and wait for 5-8 minutes. During this time you can always try to get crystalized, who knows. Then exit map and re-enter. You will most likely now be in a pretty empty map which hasn’t done the pre. So do the pre and then the shatterer will spawn. It will now be much easier because there will be much less people. I think when I did it there were still around 20 people or so. Good luck.

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

Perhaps I am just lucky but I got this on my first try. Here’s how I did it:
(read it on reddit somewhere)You will most likely now be in a pretty empty map which hasn’t done the pre. So do the pre and then the shatterer will spawn. It will now be much easier because there will be much less people. I think when I did it there were still around 20 people or so. Good luck.

Been doing this, the problem is the second map is usually just as full as the first around prime time. Probably gonna quit trying to be honest, tired of it.

Posted by: Manecas.4189

Manecas.4189

Same here. Just missing this one. This must be solved.

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

i know im dragging up an old post but just want too know if this got easier at all? a couple of Devs answered on reddit saying they look into it, one even said to post here and not reddit as they look here on a min by min basis and no dev has replied to this thread. Its a part that im currently on now thought id ask while waiting for shatterer

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]