Eyecandy Suggestions

Eyecandy Suggestions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zephyria.6103

Zephyria.6103

Just some random tidbit suggestions I think would be great additions to the game….they’re mostly visual tidbits so I’m dubbing it eyecandy.

1. The hair and makeover kits truly neeeeed a way to preview the options so we can decide to buy/not buy. You’d probably lure in more sales this way too. My suggestion is barbershops, or makeover spas in major cities.

2. I want hair streaks…..with choice of color…and the ability to add colored hair streaks to most of the a hair styles already in game. Wishful thinking I’m sure but I’d have SO MUCH FUN.

3. Dyes….colorshift dyes. I think there’s one dye already in existence that does what I’m thinking of; fading from one color to another (is it autumn? in the basic colors…but it only works on certain types of cloth…frustrating).

This could be a whole category of it’s own in rarity (or not..I just want the pretty colors). Fades from green to red, blues to purples, brown to blue….you get the idea.

These would showcase the attribute better on long swatches of cloth..but metal bits would have one color as ‘base’ and the other as ‘highlight’ to hold the same function.

4. Glow dyes or glitter/sequin dyes. I doubt I’d use them much..but I’m sure they’d get attention. Might be too flashy for it to work very well in game, but if the colors were chosen carefully before release it could have some nice effect.

Eyecandy Suggestions

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

1. Totally agree!

2. Yesssss I might want the Livia hair streak for my Livia inspired necro!

Not too fond of glow sparkle unicorn dyes though. Gradients sound like it’d work, but only with sylvari. :P

Eyecandy Suggestions

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

I like the gradiant dyes and would love to see more of them.

flame Dye works will with certain textures (on the conjurer mantle it makes the feathers fade from dark red into an orangey-gold)

Eyecandy Suggestions

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Yep there’s several dyes that do that. Enameled emblaze does this to an even more dramatic effect, on certain materials. Spitfire, Deep Maple, Patina and some others do it as well.

Eyecandy Suggestions

Posted by: Zephyria.6103

Zephyria.6103

maybe a border to the little paint squares so I can tell which ones do this then? Like…primary paint color, bordered in whatever it fades to? So I don’t feel the need to have a page of notes reminding me which are which.

Eyecandy Suggestions

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I want rainbow dye!

Who’s with me?!