Fall damage Traits

Fall damage Traits

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As the title says this is about fall damage traits, specifically how they are so niche.

An easy solution to make these traits a viable choice is to add secondary defensive or offensive proc effects on to them, or simply cause them to enhance certain ability types.
All I ask is that suggestions are kept reasonable.

Here is a list of the currently existing fall damage traits, I’ll leave suggestions up to you guys/gals.

Arcane Abatement: Currently it reduces fall damage and creates an effect based on attunement when you take fall damage.

Explosive Decent: Currently it reduces fall damage and causes you to release a grenade barrage when you take fall damage.

Protectors Impact: Currently it reduces fall damage and creates a symbol of protection when you take fall damage.

Decent Into Madness: Currently reduces fall damage and creates a chaos storm when fall damage is taken.

Terrifying Decent: Currently it reduces fall damage and fears nearby foes when you take fall damage.

Soften the Fall: Currently reduces fall damage & creates muddy terrain when you take fall damage.

Death from Above: Currently reduces fall damage and launches nearby enemies when you take fall damage.

Fall damage Traits

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You left out Thief.
Cloaked in Shadows: Gaining stealth blinds nearby foes for 5 seconds. Release a blinding powder when take falling damage. You take 50% less damage from falling.

This is a Grandmaster trait in Shadow Arts. Grandmaster.

Though I suppose if you combine it with the other effects of the line that go with being stealthed, it does get fairly strong. I just … I just really wanted falling damage traits to be severed from trait line choice since I consider them the very first thing I want equipped while leveling via exploration. Not put off until GM level unlocks.

Fall damage Traits

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I’m not too worried about this. Traits have always been about making choices, and people rarely pick the fall damage traits for the secondary effects (though I have used Soften the Fall in WvWvW on my ranger to immobilize groups of enemies while they have no clue).

If the trait/traitline isn’t worth it to you, don’t pick it. It’s as easy as that.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist