Fallen Masks Adventure

Fallen Masks Adventure

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PSOUriko.6418

PSOUriko.6418

Having unlocked all the masteries that can benefit the adventures to a reasonable degree I figured I would go and gold them all. I thought nothing was going to be worse than the shooting gallery, and then I encountered the floor is lava? (hard but at least no rng involved). Thought nothing was going to be worse than that…and then came fallen masks.

Absolutely the worst adventure of them all, it is like the shooting gallery except instead of being able to shoot targets at a distance you have to run right up to them and interact. A couple opposite side of the room mask spawns and you may as well reset and start over. Either add more time to this event or reduce the number of masks required to gold. Getting 25 even with 3 minutes is not a realistic requirement.

Edit: I have not done the scrap rifle adventure yet…..I pray it can be no worse.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

I totally agree with you, I was stuck on shooting gallery for some time, I practiced for hours and managed to get gold due to a good spawn pattern. I was stuck on floor is lava for an entire day and then I got gold.

But fallen masks? Been stuck for a week there, the random spawn patterns, no matter how fast you can make a 360 turn and have full uptime on mushroom speed I just can’t do it, closest I’ve gotten is 23-24, and if you get that 24 and 25 is on the otherside of the room, you need atleast a 10 seconds extra to get it.

Or extreme luck, I’m not a fan of RNG adventures like this one, if there is a leaderboard (which there is) why then make random adventure? If player A gets a time on 1:48 on spawn pattern Y and gets 1 lifetime, then player B gets a time on 1:52 on spawn pattern X, how can that be justified? It’s like having a race in a cardboard box against a Audi R8, two different leagues. Either have separate leaderboards for each patterns or one and the same for all, when friends asked me how I got gold on shooting gallery I had to say “luck with RNG” and not “skills”, with same pattern for all this will be majority based on skills instead of RNG, like an adventure should.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

15 seconds time increase didn’t help much with this RNG bullkitten. Not to mention a few bouncing mushrooms send you to places that just make you waste your time to reach some masks. 10/10 design, will get gold and never touch this kitten again.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Weerus.3701

Weerus.3701

It was a challenge but I got it after 20 tries or so..

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I highly suggest not doing Fungus Among Us then. That one is still the absolute worst. Well, I don’t know, Shooting Gallery is pretty craptastic too.

I’ve managed to get Gold in the car racing one, Bugs in the Branches, and Grub Pit. I think that’s about it. Oh, and I think the chak robot one. Came somewhat close in Floor is Lava though. It’s not too bad. You just have to have a good path I guess.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Asclepios.4295

Asclepios.4295

I have achieved gold in each adventure.
The hardest by far was the Fallen Masks. A Fungus Among Us took me only 3 tries to have gold, I am surprised it is cited here.
The big issue with Fallen Masks is RNG. If you have the luck of an oyster that died because of a meteor like myself, it will take you arounr 200 tries to achieve gold, minimum.
Put an adventure that is almost solely based on luck is kind of stupid, if you ask me.
A few ideas to make it better:

- change the algorithm so next mask is reasonably close to the previous one
- have 3-5 different “finishable” patterns to randomly choose from
- change completely the room to have 1 path, 50 masks, only 25 randomly chosen to collect in the order of the path

Right now, this adventure is nothing but a nightmare. Adventures should be small bits of fun, not a chore.

Fallen Masks Adventure

nsleep.7839

Got after 3 hours retrying, Had some runs where I had 2 left and 25 seconds left on clock that failed because the game decided to fail me, yet my gold run had 25 seconds left on clock… RNG at its finest.

A Fungus Among Us is so easy you can get gold without speed boosts. Not even worth mentioning. If there is another adventure I consider hard it also would be because of RNg, but Shooting Gallery at least can be beaten by good aiming for long distances.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I highly suggest not doing Fungus Among Us then. That one is still the absolute worst.

Oh, please, FAU, while demanding, takes place on a static course with reliable skills. All it takes is knowing the paths, shortcuts, and then being consistent.

Fallen Masks and Shooting Gallery, however, don’t have that consistency.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t know how people can say Fungus Among Us is bad. All I did was watch a youtube video and got Gold medal on the 3rd try.

Fallen Masks took me about 12 hours of continued tries. RNG sucks.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

problem is not watching the video the problem is the 2nd ability resetting when you are aiming cause why something that targets needs a cooldown or a skill to start to change into a target skill that has a short cooldown is stupid, also some jumps due to the amount of time given are impossible when you have things like people on older computers struggling for 2+hrs trying to get this done for hope and wiki info is wrong or it does not always pay out.

in simple fungus among us should have more time added to it and the timer for the rewards increased and change skill 2 to a target without set up.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Blitz of Spades.1960

Blitz of Spades.1960

I have given up on gold in fallen masks altogether. With other adventures, when you do them over and over you’ll eventually get better. But with fallen masks you’re just at the mercy of luck, and that just drains the fun, and the desire to beat it.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Zenith.7301

problem is not watching the video the problem is the 2nd ability resetting when you are aiming cause why something that targets needs a cooldown or a skill to start to change into a target skill that has a short cooldown is stupid, also some jumps due to the amount of time given are impossible when you have things like people on older computers struggling for 2+hrs trying to get this done for hope and wiki info is wrong or it does not always pay out.

in simple fungus among us should have more time added to it and the timer for the rewards increased and change skill 2 to a target without set up.

Get a better computer. Mine cost me $800, far below most, to build so it’s not like it’s expensive and I run the game at max settings.

Games shouldn’t be balanced around people running computers that can’t handle the game’s requirements.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

heard something about the making of a certain part of the latest raid wing that i think would be beneficial to apply here. something to the tune of they wanted people to be able to show their mastery of the area by learning it so they didn’t make it random…

random sucks, especially when it doesnt appear to take into account if a given set is possible to gold on

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Fallen Masks Adventure

Zenith.7301

Randomness is fine. It tests how well you can adapt, instead of mindlessly running a scripted event. Randomness in raids is a good thing, it keeps the fight interesting after the first few kills.

What is not fine is that timer relative to the randomness. The timer is too tight for the time variations.

Fallen Masks Adventure

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

What are you on about. If one spawns the other side you haven’t lost, lol.

I watched a video once before trying, didn’t even learn correct mushroom jumps – and I got gold after 3 or 4 tries.

Fallen Masks Adventure

nsleep.7839

What are you on about. If one spawns the other side you haven’t lost, lol.

I watched a video once before trying, didn’t even learn correct mushroom jumps – and I got gold after 3 or 4 tries.

I can guarantee you I failed runs after knowing all the spawns, all the mushrooms and all the ways to get from the current mask to the next possible spawns in the shortest possible time as those aren’t fully randomized, there is a limited number of masks that can spawns from each position, I played enough to know that and I know that the time to the next mask can take from 2 seconds up to ~20 seconds of your time and it is all on luck. Getting one or two bad spawns won’t fail you as you can get lucky near the end.

You got lucky. That’s all.