Fastest way to farm Maguuma Masteries?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

To make a long story short.

I did not “abuse” the spider farm when it was around, I felt like that would destroy the experience of actually “earning” all the masteries. Anyway, I’ve decided to craft HOPE.
Part of that requires me to max out basicly every HoT mastery and needless to say; I regret not using the spider farm to its full potential.

Now my question is. Is there a fast way to farm experience in the maguuma?
Thanks.

Optimise [OP]

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Dragon Stand events, and u dont feel “grinding” while doing it, will earn loots of gold and stuff too. whem u get familiar with it, its most easy navigable map.

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Dragon Stand events, and u dont feel “grinding” while doing it, will earn loots of gold and stuff too. whem u get familiar with it, its most easy navigable map.

I would agree with this. The meta events all give great XP. Especially DS. Toss a booster on and you can pull 1/2 to 2/3 of a level from one depending on your participation. The other best way is adventures. I don’t personally like them. But they are huge XP that can be done daily.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

worry more about getting the 112 Mastery Points for Maguuma Masteries… the exp will come along the way…. but if you must farm the exp quickly, do Dragon Stand meta. may mastery points there too.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

Yeah, just play metas, I wouldnt worry about xp. You should worry more about those mastery points because you have to do those stupid most annoying minigames 3000 times in order to get them all.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

worry more about getting the 112 Mastery Points for Maguuma Masteries… the exp will come along the way…. but if you must farm the exp quickly, do Dragon Stand meta. may mastery points there too.

Got all my mastery points. Never had any missing mastery points. Now I “just” need ~8 million more exp. I guess I have to do Drangons Stand 16 more times after having it done several times already.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I agree. I’ve not been there for a while, but I think a usual run through there would yield 1-1.3 M experience or similar. That was with food, utility and maybe one other EXP boost.

I also agree that it’s not ‘grindy’. It’s quite enjoyable for the most part, minus the client crashes.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

If you (like me) can’t stand playing the same meta events again and again, map exploration (preferably with boosters, even if it’s just the xp boosters from the wvw dailies) gives a good bit of experience, too, and you can do ith with several characters.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Fastest farming.

Participate in the Meta Events of the game, namely Dragon Stand and Tarir Defense, and or now also too Tangled Depths Djungle King Meta, now that its doable alot better

Use all kinds of Exp Boosters that you can get:

Buff Food and Tonics
Guild Banners
Exp Boosters from WvW Dailies
Laurel Boosters
Celebration/Birthday Boosters
4% Exp Guild Buffs
Get as much as AP as possible to boost your overall account based Exp bonus
Farm, when the world exp bonus from WvW is highest

And wen you are not doing currently any meta, then farm daily with an extra made up group/team for that of peopel that also want to farm exp in all hot maps daily the Hero Points and Adventures, as doing these things gives you daily also quick some nice exp boosts towards the masteries.

Bets spot is definetely an organized dragons stand map with its tons over tons of enemies that you can kil lthen very quickly..that paired with all the exp boosts and buffs, can net you in quickly at the end of the meta around a million exp or so surely.

I made a few days a ds metya tra just only with the wvw exp booster on and 15% buff food, sadly the instance made it only in my case to the north tower, then we had to give up due top anet bringign naturally at the most lousiest moment a patch leading the instance to fail, because dead peopel couldnt come back, and so on …
roughly 400k exp and the best thign about it – it didnt felt like grind.. i had fun while gettign all the exp

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside