Favorite point in the story? [Spoilers]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Teletric.3821

Teletric.3821

I have to say, I really enjoyed the HoT story. Very well done, ANet!
This got me wondering, what part of the story was your favorite?
Personally, I enjoyed the part in Hearts and Minds when Tybalt shows up in The Dream and he fights alongside you! (

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Definitely the retaking of the egg and trial part of the story.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

the trials was my favorite mission too, after that the one where you get those jump and glide skills you also use in one of the adventures

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Snoopy Shannon.5123

Snoopy Shannon.5123

The discovery of rata novus.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The reward box at the end.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I think that there were a few parts of the story that really got my attention. The first was when Eir died, I kind of expected it the way things were moving, but at the same time I was like “no, this can’t be”, kind of like Han Solo…

Then in a different way seeing the new Faolain gave me goosebumps. That one was hard to digest for a little bit, just how monstrous Mordremoth can be. But like a majority of players, my favorite and probably most enjoyable and probably angering part was in hearts and minds when Mordremoth tried to use Seiran against me, but of course I got her to join me in fighting him.

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

When the female human pact commander rips Caithe a new one and even threatens her at some point, she just sounded so serious and out for blood against Mordremoth at that point. It’s really good voice acting!

Posted by: Oogabooga.3812

Oogabooga.3812

There were several good moments, and several bad moments, but is it wrong that I actually smiled evilly when I picked up Caladbolg?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

To be fair, the final boss was actually somewhat decent. A bit on the visual clutter side, but it was nice to fight something that wasn’t a horde of mordrem or a reskinned vinetooth.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

For me the most memorable part of the story was either where you get chased by Faolain or the discovery of Rata Novus.

The music that played during those missions definitely played a big part to make them stand out so much.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

when Eir died, I kind of expected it the way things were moving, but at the same time I was like “no, this can’t be”, kind of like Han Solo…

Yes, just like Han Solo she got a lousy death undeserving of the character.

Moving on…..

My favourite part was when Mordremoth says something like, “there never was a Caithe or a Faolain or a Trehearne. It was all Mordremoth.”

The implications of that statement are disturbing.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Although there was a lot (very excessive at times to be totally honest) of dialogue I would have preferred to have skip options for, and in spite of story holes going berserk towards the end of them, the story steps in the Auric Basin and Tangled Depths were generally enjoyable. Auric basin stories being probably the best designed for being able to skip the dialogue.

One of the major points for me, I enjoy hearing the story and what the NPCs have to say, but I have an account with 29 level 80 characters, and I ultimately end up running the story modes on more than half of them, so while it’s nice to hear the story, the chatter and watch the cinematics the first time through (many story issues aside), there do need to be more ways to force the instance to progress past NPC chatter sequences and cinematics.

Other notable places, the setting of the final battle was wonderful, even if the story dialogue was ultra cringy lol

As was the setting of the second to last story instance, but the taunting from Faolain contained unmentioned, cult-like jargon, and so did Mordie when he spoke, “Harmony, Oblivion.” It felt to me like it was a specific point to add these lines in, yet you heard absolutely nothing of them before. In this story step, I did, however enjoy the taunting sequence and the Helix…that thing was wild and we need more of that. A lot more.

Eir’s death… her entire legend was trashed the moment she stood up and nodded in submission to her impending death. That is so incredibly out of character in the face of everything I know of as Norn, let alone a fighter like her, and I want to know why that entire thing was allowed to make it into release? And why I can skip that cinematic but not the incredibly IDGAF AND THANK GOD I DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO TAIMI ANYMORE cinematic where Scruffy gets toasted? -.-

I’m totally not conflicted at all about it… really. Maybe?

(edited by Inimicus.7162)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Eir’s death… her entire legend was trashed the moment she stood up and nodded in submission to her impending death. That is no incredibly out of character in the face of everything I know of as Norn, let alone a fighter like her, and I want to know why that entire thing was allowed to make it into release?

Maybe anet was bought out by Disney and we just haven’t heard about it yet? cough abrams cough

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Probably the Rata Novus section. Even though its the saddest part (to me), my favorite part of all the HoT story is Scruffy’s sacrifice. To me that had the most emotion out of the whole story.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Every single part in Rata Nous

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

When Braham died.

Posted by: Renkku.7451

Renkku.7451

The scenes with Trahearne at the end of the story had the biggest impact on me, as well as the situations where the sylvari player character heard Mordremoth inside their head.

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

When we caught up with Caithe, because that was the last moment I had hope for a truly awesome story. I’m sorry to put a damp on some of your enthusiasm, but although the second half of the story was good, especially as a sylvari player, it still wasn’t great. It really felt rushed and half-baked, because they really had a lot of potential.
When Rytlock saw the egg, I got so excited, thinking about the implications of the first Herald guarding Glint’s egg. And then nothing like that ever happened.

I guess I also kind of liked some of the very early stuff, just because it felt cool rallying the fallen Pact and just beginning to venture into enemy territory.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Reuniting Logan and Rytlock xD plus seeing Zojja in that state, I do not particularly like her.

Worst part was what they did with Faolin, it was too short lived and had so much potential….plus I am a fan of Caithe x Faolin ????