Fear Not This Night

Fear Not This Night

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Q:

Is the song going to reappear in any form in the expansion? Because it’s one of my favorite musical pieces from the original game.

Fear Not This Night

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I hope so, it is an awesome piece of music. I’m a big fan of the new music they have added since Jeremy Soule stopped composing for the franchise, but this is an exceptional piece and very synonymous with the game. I hope it doesn’t get forgotten for future use

Fear Not This Night

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

It’s a great song used to great effect during the personal story campaign… it really doesn’t need to be reused everywhere. Hope for something new and equally evocative.

Fear Not This Night

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I just hope they add another new song of the same quality like Fear not the Night..
One that fits alot better to the Maguuma Jungle Theme this time.

like "Fear Not This VINES trololol ^^

If they would just keep on repeating it with every addon, this would be very lame imo and would look like recycling old things, cause of Anet not being able to invest in something new.
However, if we will get a new nice song in HoT, it surely can be sung again for all that is good by the same voice actress, that sung FNTN, she has such a great voice

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Fear Not This Night

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Yeah better make a new song by Asja Kadric.

Fear Not This Night

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

I’m sure HoT will have great new music of it’s own, but I’d like some continuity too. I’d love if “Fear Not This Night” became something like “A Call to Arms” from that other game; each expansion has it’s own theme, but they also keep bringing back or referencing what has become a theme for the entire series.

Fear Not This Night

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Taking into account this expac has the specs and the Revenant, they should make a song to show that. Something epic, in a scene similar to the one with Trehearne where everyone we met, specifically characters like Rytlock [the first Revenant] and Delaqua [who was shown to be one of the first Reapers since she was given a Greatsword to fight with at one point], finally manage to push through the very heart of the jungle and finally find the place where Mordremoth.

“Would you kindly?”

Fear Not This Night

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Oddly, if I understand this song correctly, it makes even more sense being used in HoT than it did during the Zhaitan campaign.

I’ve heard several times it’s meant to be the Pale Tree singing to the Sylvari, who now face threats from a dragon that seeks to take their minds from them AND extreme mistrust from their allies because of the actions of Scarlet, Aerin, and word coming back from the destroyed pact fleet. Remember they also took a great many non-pact soldiers on that attack too, further weakening the other races.

So I could see it coming back if it’s really the Tree singing a reassurance to her children now, as Sylvari face the sum of all fears.