Fear of nerfing

Fear of nerfing

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

This is not related to the gating or the hero points. They don’t impact me personally.

This is about the challenging content presented in PvE. Some hero challenges were already nerfed and I fear this could spread to the other events/hero challenges.

I like playing with my friends and I’m sure many of us don’t play alone. When you nerf content to be soloable, anything you do in a party becomes a breeze and boring.

It is very hard to adapt the encounter to the number of players. The encounter could be way too hard(though I can’t think of an example of this), or way too easy.

But it is very easy to adapt the number of players to the encounter. We have mapchat, LFG, guilds and friends. For the players who play solo(something that I personally don’t understand, considering it’s a massively multiplayer online game) it’s easy to group to finish content and it will still be enjoyable. But for us players, who like to play with friends, making content easy will completely ruin our experience.

There is no other alternative for us.

That’s why the content needs to remain challenging, making you fail, adapt and improve. I just hope it won’t be like the core content, which is beautiful, but mind numbingly easy.

I understand that this game needs to cater to different needs, but this could be easily achieved by making one map out of four a bit easier, and the rest of them with real engaging challenges.

Thanks for the read!

Fear of nerfing

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

Looking for other players to do content solely for your own character’s advancement is a pain in the kitten , especially if you’re playing the game during non-peak hours. Some of us like to enjoy content on our own time and our own terms and don’t enjoy being forced into situations where we need to rely on the goodwill of other players who may or may not be prepared to help.

So, no. It’s not a bad idea to cater to solo players in cases like that.

Fear of nerfing

Posted by: PredatorTHW.6251

PredatorTHW.6251

Can’t wait to see Soloable raid in GW2, thanks.

Fear of nerfing

Posted by: Snoopy Shannon.5123

Snoopy Shannon.5123

Its really about finding a balance, but over nerfing is definately a fear of mine. I do like to do some things alone but i also love doing group events.