Feedback on Nevermore

Feedback on Nevermore

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

I am so exited for Nevermore, I really love the concept, it’s they only Legendary I can see my Norn Ele having and I will work hard to get it.

There is only one thing that disappointed me from the footage we’ve seen so far. No footprints or really discrete footprints cause I can barely see any. Every Legendary has proper footprints, I was expecting that Nevermore will have too. They don’t need to be loud or over the top, the blue glow looks good but it should last longer and be more visible.

About the crows I love the idea and I would like them to be also more visible, maybe flying in a lower height. But not as important as the footprints.

I don’t know if anyone else thinks that, but I believe that this is what makes a Legendary a special skin.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Every legendary? I thought minstrel, howler, and a few others had no footprints? I know that if the minstrel has them you cant see them, or at leat i cant..

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Correct, not all legendaries have footprints unless HoT added new effects that I haven’t seen.
I’m on the fence whether they are a good thing or not.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Every legendary? I thought minstrel, howler, and a few others had no footprints? I know that if the minstrel has them you cant see them, or at leat i cant..

Howler doesn’t have footprints, but you leave mist puffs.

Feedback on Nevermore

Jaetara.4075

hmm OK I thought they all had… well I love footprints :P

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

The new effect of the new legendaries seem to be on the arm

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I like footprints, too. I wish all the legendaries had them.

Feedback on Nevermore

Jaetara.4075

ye I noticed… and to be honest I don’t really like that, it can look weird with some armor skins, but ye… And by the way I checked howler and it has an effect like water when you walk and a fog around you, minstrel has some notes that leave a trail, maybe not a foot print but pretty visible and cool

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The Flameseeker Prophecies has absolutely nothing. No aura or footstep.

It only changes page on the book when you do an attack which is not an utility.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

What footprints? Do you mean the incontinence patches?

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I am so exited for Nevermore, I really love the concept, it’s they only Legendary I can see my Norn Ele having and I will work hard to get it.

There is only one thing that disappointed me from the footage we’ve seen so far. No footprints or really discrete footprints cause I can barely see any. Every Legendary has proper footprints, I was expecting that Nevermore will have too. They don’t need to be loud or over the top, the blue glow looks good but it should last longer and be more visible.

Exactly my thoughts. While watching Stream it was really hard to even see them.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

I’d love to see footprints on my aquatic legendaries!

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Arrow Storm.4618

Arrow Storm.4618

Nevermore has footprints. They are extremely faint and don’t last longer than 1 second or so. A couple faint glowing feathers are kicked up when you take a step, but that’s it, no lingering puddles or sear marks on the ground. You can see it in the twitch video where they show Nevermore in action.

I’d love to see footprints on my aquatic legendaries!

I hope you realize the flaw in your logic. You don’t make footsteps underwater, and your aquatic legendary is unusable on land where you do make footprints. That’s why most aquatic legendaries have body effects instead.

(edited by Arrow Storm.4618)

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

I hope you realize the flaw in your logic. You don’t make footsteps underwater, and your aquatic legendary is unusable on land where you do make footprints. That’s why most aquatic legendaries have body effects instead.

You don’t say? :D
Sorry, next time I’ll put a /sarcasm at the end of my post.
To be honest I don’t even have any aquatic legendaries.
edit: I don’t have any legendaries at all.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I personally think that the footprints should be black feathers and not transparent blue ones. Nevermore has already a lot of blue effects on it. It would add a nice contrast to add more of the black crow to the effects.

(just a personal opinion)

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Correct, not all legendaries have footprints unless HoT added new effects that I haven’t seen.

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that HoT’s “special graphic effect” was to change the effect on the arm with with you are wielding the weapon.

Nevermore turns your arm feathery
Astralaria turns whichever arm is wielding it into a celestial-like skin, similar to the gemstore armour skin.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

What is this fascination with glowing piles of poop?

There is nothing unique about being the same as a dozen other Legendaries…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The Flameseeker Prophecies has absolutely nothing. No aura or footstep.

It only changes page on the book when you do an attack which is not an utility.

Yes ofc. they have something. The Shield has a pulsating half-invisible copy around in different sizes. Looks pretty awesome:

https://youtu.be/XBJ6N1Ubfio?t=27s

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: mnpksage.4290

mnpksage.4290

Nevermore, beyond doing the arm thing, has ravens that appear overhead while the weapon is in use. That, as a trail of sorts, is probably more visible than some other footprints.

Feedback on Nevermore

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

It’s so close.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink