Final Countdown!

Final Countdown!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If the game does not patch and launch with about 250% flawless perfection, you can expect the forum flooded with topics such as these, calling it now:

-CANT PATCH
-Game not loading.
-Can’t get in game Anet WTF
-HOT=FAIL
-game won’t patch/play
-GaMe CRASHING, complete BS

Which would put it on par with any other mmo / expansion…..ever. Lol

People are silly. I will make sure to have lots of popcorn.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I am just going to do Halloween and map old maps on alts, get the individual map event rewards, and never touch HoT until next year as I’ll be doing Wintersday only as well. Also I need to get my loot vacuum mastery done first.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

In the final minutes of the countdown to launch, we’d like to invite all of you to join us live on the stream for a champagne toast with our dev team as we “press the button” and launch Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns live.

Sorry but it will be 9.00 AM in Europe so I won’t feel like sharing a champagne toast as my breakfast. Can I have a coffee instead ?

It’s happy hour somewhere in the world. Live a little.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Final Countdown!

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

On October 23 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (UTC-7), Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns will go live!

3 AM my time. RIP sleep.

Also 3AM my time, and since I have a midterm for one of my grad classes 7 hours after launch I probably won’t get to play until the expansion has been out for like 10 hours

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

OMG. Loot vacuum mastery. Must. Be. Done. First.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Now I have the song It’s The Final Countdown in my head.

Thanks op, thanks a lot!

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Now I have the song It’s The Final Countdown in my head.

Thanks op, thanks a lot!

You are very welcome!

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

When you’re a member of the Arena Net Dev team, you love the final countdown. It’s what you do.

Final Countdown!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

OMG. Loot vacuum mastery. Must. Be. Done. First.

Do we get XP from mad king’s lab? Wonder if that will count towards the core mastery bars if so…. ponders

kitten …it’s a toss up between loot vacuum and precursor crafting. Choices, choices….

Final Countdown!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I suspect they launched it at that time to spread out the downloading.

Europe will be just waking up and start downloading. West coast will start the download then go to sleep. East coast will be asleep and will start the downloading 4-5 hours later.

Should hopefully take some stress off the servers. When they launch at 12 PM everyone is awake.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Lillis.9473

Lillis.9473

One comment is there now worries me that HoT isn’t for me:

battling to level 100 in fractals

I hope that doesn’t imply fractals are the ONLY way to reach 100 because I never have done fractals and never will. :|

I bought HoT but didn’t want to spoil myself so haven’t actually logged in.

HoT is expanded end-game content. It is meant for level 80 characters and the mechanics are tougher than in the rest of the game. You will want to log in and refresh your muscle memory or you will get downed in HoT, a lot.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I would love to see them spam this song in game for the countdown of the last 24 hours for the launch. It would be so cool yet so annoying at the same time. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Final Countdown!

Paulytnz.7619

C’mon Lanfear, Don’t Stop Believing.

It’s all about The Journey

And let the path of corny 80s song title puns begin!

Never Surrender! (to that kitten song!)

Here comes my thief’s playlist (all of my characters have their own lists), it is almost all 80s music. Well, hopefully I will get that day off because there is no way I will be able to get anything done thinking about both haloween AND hot.

Don’t forget Queen – Invisible Man!

Final Countdown!

Paulytnz.7619

Another world… awaits us.

I used to have this song as my battle music for GW2. Sadly it would play non stop for me as I would always get into a lot of fights with groups since my build is made for it. Add this to the fact that it would never end when it should and I soon got sick of this song which is a shame as it’s one of my fave pieces from any game.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

I think I am going to put this on repeat for a week and then sue ArenaNet for psychological damage.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Final Countdown!

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I would love to see them spam this song in game for the countdown of the last 24 hours for the launch. It would be so cool yet so annoying at the same time. :P

Please don’t give them ideas, especially ones that will make people run to the hills.

Final Countdown!

Paulytnz.7619

Please don’t give them ideas, especially ones that will make people run to the hills.

Oh boy you went and done it, opened up a whole new can of worms! Okay fine, I would settle for them to play the Churchill speech at the 2 mins to launch mark.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m glad someone linked that.

Disappointed to see it wasn’t the first reply to the thread! :p

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

so thats 1 minute after midnight pacific time? If so, that’s 2:01 am central time, my time. So those of you who are in later time zones will be getting up regular time to play. For me, its wake up at an ungodly hour or wait to play regular time.

The other problem: start out with HoT or Halloween? LOL

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I think I am going to put this on repeat for a week and then sue ArenaNet for psychological damage.

lol – well it’s definitely going to be stuck in my head for the next 8 days. xD

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

“overcoming challenges in the jungle to unlock your elite specialization”

Reneged on it just being hero points?

Final Countdown!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I always assumed we’d need to do ‘something’ to ‘unlock’ the elite track. I didn’t expect it to be anything overly time intensive or challenging. Just something to fit it in, lore wise. Like a quest chain. After that it would just be a matter of spending hero points.

I guess we’ll see next week.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Will halloween hit at 12:01 am as well?

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Apophis.2498

Apophis.2498

I’m glad someone linked that.

Disappointed to see it wasn’t the first reply to the thread! :p

I tried, but the internet at work is sloooooooooow!

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Apophis.2498

Apophis.2498

so thats 1 minute after midnight pacific time? If so, that’s 2:01 am central time, my time. So those of you who are in later time zones will be getting up regular time to play. For me, its wake up at an ungodly hour or wait to play regular time.

The other problem: start out with HoT or Halloween? LOL

I have to be up at 4 am to get ready for work with just enough time to start the download and walk out the door.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I can’t wait until it’s finally released.

Maybe then the guitar solo from Europe’s Final Countdown will stop looping in my head.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Its not an optimal time for anyone (maybe oceanic or sea I get the two confused) to play. Even on the West coast that’s still midnight, if the patch takes at least an hour that’s 1 am.

It is however the best time for it to be done because if there is any issues they will hopefully have them sorted out by the time EU hits prime time, and a few hours before NA hits prime time.

So while it may be inconvenient to pick up and start playing, I’d rather them have some grace time to sort out the inevitable issues before we hit prime time.

Final Countdown!

Just a flesh wound.3589

“overcoming challenges in the jungle to unlock your elite specialization”

Reneged on it just being hero points?

Did they ever say it would take hero points or did people just assume that it would.

I always assumed we’d need to do ‘something’ to ‘unlock’ the elite track. I didn’t expect it to be anything overly time intensive or challenging. Just something to fit it in, lore wise. Like a quest chain. After that it would just be a matter of spending hero points.

I’m thinking Mastery track. They did say there was more of them that they hadn’t told us yet. (And you’ll only need to do it once for all your chars since its account bound).

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think they probably picked that time deliberately because it’s normally a quiet time. It means the majority of people will be able to start playing as soon as they want/are able to on the release day.

The closer we get to release the more frustrated I am that I’ll be missing the first day. It’s my last day at work, which means in the evening I’ll be going out to celebrate with my co-workers and congratulate my replacement on her new job and playing HoT when I get home from that is out of the question. Even if I could I wouldn’t skip that, but I will regret missing HoT.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Mango.1845

Mango.1845

It’s the Final Countdown
by Colin Johanson on October 15, 2015

….. and reading epic run-on sentences!

really great!

Final Countdown!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m thinking Mastery track. They did say there was more of them that they hadn’t told us yet. (And you’ll only need to do it once for all your chars since its account bound).

I thought they said they showed us all the mastery tracks that were launching with HoT? They said 7, and we’ve seen 7 haven’t we? But maybe, could be. I don’t think it would be necessarily lore appropriate, but that’s just me.

back to nail biting and pondering

Final Countdown!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I thought they said they showed us all the mastery tracks that were launching with HoT? They said 7, and we’ve seen 7 haven’t we? But maybe, could be. I don’t think it would be necessarily lore appropriate, but that’s just me.

back to nail biting and pondering

Yah. 7 at launch. But they’ve also said they are adding more. For example there is going to be a raid specific mastery track added and then added to.

On top of the Mastery tracks available at release, each raid release will add more raid-specific Masteries for you to earn

They could add an Elite Mastery track shortly after launch and still have the 7 at launch. I remember reading that they said there are more tracks though I can’t find it right now.

ANet may give it to you.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

12:01AM???? Why in the world are they starting it at midnight for them? Why not midday so they aren’t at work all day, then up all night squishing bugs, then up all day at work again.

Some people must <3 pain.

You know that streaming thing GW2 has, well guess what, this will really put it to the test. That’s correct, if HoT goes live at 12:01 a.m. PDT, that would mean a lot of the content will already have been streamed to those that pre-purchased and they’ll be able to jump right in and play….which means when I get home from work at 2 p.m. on the 22nd, I’m prepared to go to sleep at 7 p.m. and wake up at midnight and start playing HoT.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

This is awesome. A few more days to Halloween in GW2.
Thank you.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Final Countdown!

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

since we have code keys from buying on the first few days of pre purchase and bought it through the gem store link have a question. since not everyone has this will we receive an email with a link for the download or just open our client and the download will start? and when or where so we enter the code key?

Final Countdown!

Just a flesh wound.3589

since we have code keys from buying on the first few days of pre purchase and bought it through the gem store link have a question. since not everyone has this will we receive an email with a link for the download or just open our client and the download will start? and when or where so we enter the code key?

The game will be downloadable for everyone at the same time. You just do it like any other patch or download. It’s the purchase that allows you to make a Revenant or go to the new maps or have the Mastery system. If you don’t have it then you’ll get the download but be unable to access HoT restricted content.

ANet may give it to you.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Did you already apply the HoT code to your account? If so, you will need no more effort than logging in when it’s time (and trying not to grit your teeth at the glacial speeds and login server crashes from overload). If not, go ahead and apply it now. No need to wait for launch to register your account as HoT.

I think the gem store purchases automatically apply to your account. Unless they’ve already deleted everyone’s beta slots, take a peek at your character selection page and see if you have the beta slots (you might have to scroll all the way right). If you do, there’s nothing more you need do except accept the patches when they are sent out.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

yes i have my 2 slots that came with pre purchase from gem store and my beta toon slots are there. Also shows HoT on my account page so I guess i don’t need to add the code then. just log on and download and cross fingers downloads not a nightmare like some have been with freezing and loosing connection cause i really don’t want to watch it all night lol.

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Oyranos.9750

Oyranos.9750

Any downloads? Or we allready got it via a beta patch…

Final Countdown!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Oh, no, the patches will not cover it.
Prepare for a LONG LONG download, followed by many lesser ones.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks