Fissure of Woe and UnderWorld

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Oreo Cheese Cake.4293

Oreo Cheese Cake.4293

Any chance Area Net well bring back Fissure of Woe aka FOW or Under World aka UW from Guild Wars 1. Would be amazing to bring back these 2 MEGA worlds back in the game.

Posted by: metal chill.8490

metal chill.8490

I would love to see it happen, though I doubt it would be anytime soon. if it was in this expansion they would have announced it by now.

Posted by: Oreo Cheese Cake.4293

Oreo Cheese Cake.4293

Glint was brought back already. I hope some places of old are included also with the same reward chests at the end of these 2 Mega world events.

Posted by: Waang.6803

Waang.6803

I would love to see both FoW an UW return with the expansion because that would bring back a LARGE part of the community that did not come over to gw2 due to the fact that it was taken out i think it would be a great idea as a former speed clearer in all the big gw1 UW guilds i dident play gw2 at first for that reason and now i came to it after a while and i pvp but if they opened up[ the speed clear aspect again it would definitely be a great add on and it would make the game flourish with new players coming back and would be great for the cpommunity and would add more things to do other than the dungeons and wvw and pvp wgitch seems to be a case i here alot that there just isent enough things to do in gw2 and adding the 2 mega worlds back would just be amazing

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

I would love to see both FoW an UW return with the expansion because that would bring back a LARGE part of the community that did not come over to gw2 due to the fact that it was taken out i think it would be a great idea as a former speed clearer in all the big gw1 UW guilds i dident play gw2 at first for that reason and now i came to it after a while and i pvp but if they opened up[ the speed clear aspect again it would definitely be a great add on and it would make the game flourish with new players coming back and would be great for the cpommunity and would add more things to do other than the dungeons and wvw and pvp wgitch seems to be a case i here alot that there just isent enough things to do in gw2 and adding the 2 mega worlds back would just be amazing

maybe you could use some . and , and maybe some paragraphs to make it a bit more readable

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If they do bring back FoW and UW, it would be an excellent opportunity to create massive open world raids, with dynamic events, and none linear exploration. They could be a type of dungeons that are closer in design to normal PVE explorables, and maybe they could even drop the party restrictions.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yes please.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

the UW is already in the game

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_King%27s_Realm

But yes, this would be great.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

We could only get to the UW and FoW through the Gods’ avatars. With them not likely to show up, how do we get there now?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

We could only get to the UW and FoW through the Gods’ avatars. With them not likely to show up, how do we get there now?

Asura magitech a.k.a. deus ex machina?

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Asura magitech a.k.a. deus ex machina?

There already are many Asuran gates to the Fractal of the Mists, WvW (set in the mists) and sPvP (set in the mists).

They even have the tech to teleport you in and out of different ‘fractals’.

What would be good is if the FoW and UW became GW2’s answer to raiding. They could do the same with Urgoz’s Warren, The Deep, the Realm of Torment explorable leading to the Domain of Anguish, Ring of fire (with explorable area leading to it), Tomb of the Primeval Kings, etc.

There is so much content for them to use and I don’t get why dungeons/raiding has been swept aside in favour of 100% open world content.

The raids could be large non-linear dungeon maps with linear optional quest chains that lead to the final boss.

(edited by Pyriel.4370)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Glint was brought back already. I hope some places of old are included also with the same reward chests at the end of these 2 Mega world events.

Of course Glint could easily be incorporated into the current plot. With the present focus on Elder Dragons and on the Human Gods, running off to different planes of existence would be difficult to fit in (to any sufficient extent that players would want it).

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I would rather see some new content working up to the potential of the game before bringing in emblematic parts of GW1 like FoW and UW and turning them into a bad joke.

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Yeah, what Mad Queen Malafide.7512 said really. The only reason I’m playing more Gw1 than Gw2 right now is exclusively because of FoW, Uw, and DoA.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

There already are many Asuran gates to the Fractal of the Mists, WvW (set in the mists) and sPvP (set in the mists).

And those gates are still just game elements that have been forced into lore through the ever-popular “Asura technology” excuse.

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

And those gates are still just game elements that have been forced into lore through the ever-popular “Asura technology” excuse.

Your point being? The gates is still there to use in terms of reaching locations within the mists.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

UW and FoW can’t come back till Dragons are defeated.

But, there is nothing (other than will and monetary resources) preventing ANET to design areas like those. In fact, they have. Ruins of Arah, I am looking at you. I can feel nostalgic and trash this new dungeon, but, FoW speedruns like Arah skips and solos were quite in vogue during GW1 haydays. I, personally, have done FoW full runs in less than 25 minutes countless times to get that kitten perfect obsidian edge.

We really need to look at what we have and enjoy it while we still can. Who knows when GW3 launches, every one will want to play in Ruins of Arah. LFG, I am looking at you.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I’m still baffled… before long it’s 3 years after launch of GW2 and coming up on an expansion… no hardcore gamer endgame.

I think their general motive is to serve casual gamers, other than PVP, which is kind of messed up.