Fix gliding not working when it should

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Fix the gliding not working whenever you hit space. I’ve read all the player ‘fixes’ for this and its not good enough. Fix it, Fix it now.

K thanks

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Since you say you’ve read the player fixes I’ll just run this one by you briefly – have you tried just holding space from when you jump until the wings come out? (You don’t have to hit space a second time.)

I’ve found that helps me with early-catch issues.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

ya.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Aw… that sucks. =/

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

I’ve run into the same problem. Holding space helps most of the time. Other times I’ve had to spam space for a second before it registers. Fortunately it’s only really screwed me once in the last week.

Posted by: gerry.6519

gerry.6519

I don’t really think this is an issue at anet’s side, it happened to me a few times but that happened when i had some lagg, so my character keeps falling and eventually even hits the floor and when the lagg is open my glider opens (and i still live how high i even was)
Could it be the same issue for you? (my biggest problem is that I play on a laptop so that’s already a bigger chance for lagg)

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

What? You can hold space to open the glider at the first possible opportunity after jumping? And NOW you tell me?

How many deaths could I have avoided if I knew that…

Now I only need to remember gliding doesn’t work in Central Tyria and my character won’t be falling to his/her death every 10 minutes.

Oh, and the pit in the center of Tarir is murder. Almost always the first time I jump down the game stops and stutters (probably loading the areas below), and the glider fails to open, making me plummet to my death.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

I don’t really think this is an issue at anet’s side

It is, due to the fact that the glider is checked server-side instead of client-side.

For a brief time we had the jump checked server-side, and it was one of the worst thing ever in the game, and they rolled it back.

There’s really no point in leaving glider use server-side, it’s just frustrating, especially for players with high pings.