in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

Fix them with the new expansion.

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Agreed. Before giving us another 50 back pieces as rewards that will never be seen, fix this issue.

Another issue is legendary weapons with kits. Engie is getting a new weapon, hammer it seems. Don’t get too excited about using that Juggernaut with your Engie. You will almost certainly still need to use kits to be effective which means you will never see that weapon or it’s effects.

The game is touted as being all about skins/looks at end game. Why is it one class is left out when it comes to back pieces and legendaries?!

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

To be honest, that’s one of the main reasons I don’t play as an engineer! So I’d be pleased to see this 3-year-old problem fixed (aka: I would buy a slot).

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

adding my voice to the ever-growing chorus. you engis deserve it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

I fully support this.

Some pretty interesting ideas here. I was actually spit-balling some ideas on how to address this today. This has always been something that has bothered me, too.

For example:

Have kits respect the existing back item flag. If you have a back item and you want to show it, hide the kit. If you don’t have a back item or choose to hide it, always show the kit. Obviously this makes it a little harder than usual to tell what kit you are using, so:
A nameplate icon similar to Elemental Attunements would be a good addition (I may add this regardless if we can get the art )
Move the kit somewhere else on your body. I know, crazy right? For example, who doesn’t like a sweet fanny-pack?

Hopefully this finally gets resolved soon, and I’ll do what I can to see that happen. Keep in mind, as Colin mentioned before, that there are some pretty beefy projects going on that are consuming our engineering time. But that doesn’t exactly mean we can’t sneak stuff in here and there .

-Bill

Over a year ago in Engi forum. It really shouldn’t be that hard to fix. For a game that’s stressing the horizontal progression and ‘looks’ of characters, the inability to hide the awful hobosacks is bad.

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Klmor.1250

Klmor.1250

I support this.Its been a while that they haven’t said anything about hobosacks.So i think , after 3 years we deserve a fix to that problem.

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

God. Yes.
There’s no justification for it to have been around for this long.
They want to add new skins for kits that don’t cover your back instead of simply disabling them, but if that means you never actually do anything about it then it’s not even a matter of handling it the way you want to or not. Doing SOMETHING is a hell of a lot more important than doing it exactly the way you want.
They haven’t even started working on their ideal fix yet.

If you don’t fix something because you want to do it in some perfect way, but the perfect way is so time consuming that you can’t be kittened to actually even do it, then that is just the most ridiculous kind of incompetence.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

Ye fix them >:(

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

I spent a lot of gold to get the red watchwork back piece because it fits so well on my engi.
and what I got was I either have the shield on my back, or a kit backpack.

I really hope they fix it.

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I’ve been following the Hobosack thread on the Engi forums for a while, back when I first started playing as an Engi when I got my first back skin (my guild’s backpack). It’s a little frustrating, and I’d love to see it fixed. Lots of great suggestions in the original Hobosack thread as well.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I have also wondered why they never changed the kits to be the same as attunments for elementalists, when you swap into a kit you get a buff on your character showing your opponents which kit you are wearing.

The reason elementalists have this buff is because the fire -or whatever element they use- around their arms is not always clear enough to see.

So why not do the same for Engineers and finally give them back their hardworked backpack.

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Yes about time i can lay my darn crusade against these things to rest and find my inner peace. 2 years a-net… TWO YEARS. Its time to fix em. Show the class some respect…cause afterall isnt it one of the two classes you couldnt ship the game without? (guardian is the other one in case you wanna know) For two years i watched my backpieces get replaced and glitching together with a hobosack while the ele besides me polished his elementary bracers and attument icon. For two years i stood permanently in battle stance while the ele besides me simply put his staff on his back. I dont want to have anything of that anymore. I want my favourite class to look as good as other classes. The only thing that may replace my backpiece is the glider…and nothing else.

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I hope – I really hope they fix them in hot( but the silence here is … sad

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Adding my voice to the cause. Engineers have suffered for almost 3 years now both on the backpack front and on the Legendary front it’s time to fix this nonsense once and for all! You now have the time and resources there is no longer an excuse!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: derd.6413

derd.6413

you got my support too
fix this anet

Fix the hobosacks

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

That would be nice. In the same spirit, if they could also remove the ugly aegis shield that ruins every shield skin for guardians…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!