Flax Fibres Still Too Rare

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We all know flax fibres (English spelling) aren’t common enough. Arenanet more-or-less admitted this by placing flax nodes everywhere in the new Bloodstone zone (it is August 2016).

Speaking from a WvW perspective, why would I spend 4g on a consumable upgrade that could be instantly negated? Examples: 1, 2, 3.

Thus, I propose that the Linen Supply Sack Recipe be reduced to 2 flax fibres instead of 12.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I don’t find them hugely rare, especially since they also drop from jungle plants, which gives two sources for the material to drop. At least they aren’t as rare as Freshwater Pearls or Maguuma Lilies which is insane

FOr a consumable yes I agree 12 is too much though. 2 is waay too much of a drop though.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The problem with Flax Fibres is the fact that WvW players need them the most and have no reasonable way of getting them in their game mode.
WvW players suggested the cost of Supply Sacks to go down to 6 (or 4) when Anet tweaked Scribing in April – which they have not done (nothing WvW related really was fixed concerning Scribing; same applies to the Cost of 3000 Badges of Honour for a Mist statue).

WvW players need a War Supply Track that replaces the Boxes 5, 15, 25, 35 & 40 from the Hero Weapon track with Greater Boxes of War supplies (2 Supply Sacks, 1 random T6 fine mat, one Exotic backpack, 20 Badges of Honour + 2 Clovers for the final box)

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

yeah that is kinda dumb that its main usage is wvw but its main method of acquisition is pve. reward track definitely seems like the right way to go to fix that though

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The problem with Flax Fibres is the fact that WvW players need them the most and have no reasonable way of getting them in their game mode.
WvW players suggested the cost of Supply Sacks to go down to 6 (or 4) when Anet tweaked Scribing in April – which they have not done (nothing WvW related really was fixed concerning Scribing; same applies to the Cost of 3000 Badges of Honour for a Mist statue).

WvW players need a War Supply Track that replaces the Boxes 5, 15, 25, 35 & 40 from the Hero Weapon track with Greater Boxes of War supplies (2 Supply Sacks, 1 random T6 fine mat, one Exotic backpack, 20 Badges of Honour + 2 Clovers for the final box)

This is a good idea. Hope the WvW devs pick up on it

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Considering i haven’t seen anyone using tower/camp upgrades for a very, very long time (since the beginning of the year at the very least), i do fully agree they are way overpriced. Even keep ones are generally used only on EB and your own battleground garrisons, and even then it doesn’t happen that often.

There’s simply no point in upgrades that are so costly noone bothers to ever use them.

(now, i’m not going into arguing whether those upgrades, if/when used, are beneficial for WvW or not – that’s a separate discussion)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I don’t normally see camps even get upgraded to T1, so not too surprising you don’t see many camp upgrades going around. Perhaps though ANet wants to keep the upgrades expensive to make you think about whether you actually want to upgrade that objective. I don’t think they envisioned every structure in every map being fully upgraded, which would happen if the recipes were made too cheap. And keeping the upgrades expensive helps ensure that people don’t upgrade everything, just that which they really want to hold onto

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I don’t think they envisioned every structure in every map being fully upgraded,

It’s possible, but I don’t understand why not, especially after they’ve teased us with such a plethora of different things to upgrade with?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I don’t think they envisioned every structure in every map being fully upgraded,

It’s possible, but I don’t understand why not, especially after they’ve teased us with such a plethora of different things to upgrade with?

Grand Strategy.

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

flax fibers insane to find i need freshwater pearls they got a more insane drop rate and i still need a ton for armor and jewelry for a chrono and a rev

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

yea, flax is expensive, wvw uses them up a lot. the supply don’t seems to keep up with the demand.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Barabajagal.6147

Barabajagal.6147

I like this idea too.

The issue I have with flax requirements is that they don’t scale, either in requirements or cost, relative to the objective they upgrade.

For example Dolyak upgrades take 2 linen sacks (24 fibers), making then the most expensive upgrade with their other mats (at the time of calculating), to go into the least defendable objective, which in worst case can get flipped before the upgrade even activates.

Other upgrades, like emergency WP, only require 12 fibers, are cheaper and arguably far more useful, and usually sit inside a keep where you’re going to get your money’s worth.

My suggestion would be dropping the requirement of fibre to make a linen sack to around 4, and then tweaking the number of sacks required for the shimmering energy bags, so the cost of the upgrade better fits it’s use – i.e. the ones that should be expensive and sit in place for many hours stay that way, while the ones you need to use a lot of don’t bankrupt the guild.

Inner Monkey ~ Silq
Piken Square

(edited by Barabajagal.6147)

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

yeah that is kinda dumb that its main usage is wvw but its main method of acquisition is pve. reward track definitely seems like the right way to go to fix that though

It should be for decorations and not wvw. I wondered if this is how it was originally designed and then they added stuff and messed it up in the April patch?

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die