Forcing people into all game modes is bad

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

Some don’t bother with PvE but Anet force them to earn hero point that way. Some don’t play PvP/WvW but Anet force them to if you want to craft precursor. Why this game became so forceful? I felt distasteful. What do you guys think?

(edited by Battledoll.1803)

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Might wanna edit the last part out, it doesn’t really need to be stated and ruins the integrity of a post.

That said, you can earn HP in WvW, it just takes too long and I feel like it needs to be tweaked.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

It’s not forcing you to do anything, it’s giving you the option.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

You aren’t forced to play PvP or WvW to craft a precursor. You can buy the Memories of Battle and Shards of Glory on the Trading Post from other players.

Similarly, WvW players can earn Hero Points by gaining WvW ranks (though it might take longer), and PvP players don’t need to earn Hero Points at all as their Elite Specs are already unlocked as long as they own the expansion.

psizone.8437

You aren’t forced to play PvP or WvW to craft a precursor. You can buy the Memories of Battle and Shards of Glory on the Trading Post from other players.

Similarly, WvW players can earn Hero Points by gaining WvW ranks (though it might take longer), and PvP players don’t need to earn Hero Points at all as their Elite Specs are already unlocked as long as they own the expansion.

I think he’s referring to the Gift of Battle required for old Legendary weapons that could only be bought through playing WvW.

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

No it’s not.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I think he’s referring to the Gift of Battle required for old Legendary weapons that could only be bought through playing WvW.

He said “craft precursor” and “PvP”, so it doesn’t sound like it’s a complaint about the Gift of Battle, no.

Phy.2913

Legendaries are meant for players that excel in all aspects of the game. I don’t like dungeons, but I have to do them for certain parts of the legendary crafting.

psizone.8437

He said “craft precursor” and “PvP”, so it doesn’t sound like it’s a complaint about the Gift of Battle, no.

By his writing style I assumed English wasn’t his first language and he meant Legendary since he mentioned the WvW part. I could be wrong though, was just a suggestion.

psizone.8437

Legendaries are meant for players that excel in all aspects of the game. I don’t like dungeons, but I have to do them for certain parts of the legendary crafting.

Was the reply meant for me? I have no problem with Legendaries!

Phy.2913

Was the reply meant for me? I have no problem with Legendaries!

More a general statement aimed at anyone.

psizone.8437

More a general statement aimed at anyone.

All good, figured I’d check just in case!

Posted by: Methal.9045

Methal.9045

where does it say that?

Legendaries are stupid skins that should be rare, unique and represent a measure of dedication, and endurance.

take this stupid nolifer neckbeard mentality and beat it.

Is playing a part of the game you don’t enjoy not an aspect of dedication and endurance? And why the personal insults? Do you believe it strengthens your “argument”?

I’m sorry, i think we are thinking the same thing here. I just havent had my morning caffeine yet.

No, I think 2 things, if you want the legendary it SHOULD be hard and involve ALL aspects of the game. (maybe not PvP but CERTAINLY WvWvW!)

It shouldn’t be a luck drop kind of thing, it should be EARNED! it should say "Yes I did this! it was a PROJECT! long hard and required skill!

It should be ACCOUNT BOUND! meaning no buying your legendary stuff off the TP!

and yes IF you want it, it should force you to play all game modes.

Thats very different than you being forced to play all game modes to progress your character.

but yeah, the Legendary should be like the top-kittens bees knees of achievements, showing skill, determination, and focus. All the aspects should be like world complete. Hard, time consuming. and not luck.

Phy.2913

where does it say that?

Legendaries are stupid skins that should be rare, unique and represent a measure of dedication, and endurance.

take this stupid nolifer neckbeard mentality and beat it.

Is playing a part of the game you don’t enjoy not an aspect of dedication and endurance? And why the personal insults? Do you believe it strengthens your “argument”?

I’m sorry, i think we are thinking the same thing here. I just havent had my morning caffeine yet.

No, I think 2 things, if you want the legendary it SHOULD be hard and involve ALL aspects of the game. (maybe not PvP but CERTAINLY WvWvW!)

It shouldn’t be a luck drop kind of thing, it should be EARNED! it should say "Yes I did this! it was a PROJECT! long hard and required skill!

It should be ACCOUNT BOUND! meaning no buying your legendary stuff off the TP!

and yes IF you want it, it should force you to play all game modes.

Thats very different than you being forced to play all game modes to progress your character.

but yeah, the Legendary should be like the top-kittens bees knees of achievements, showing skill, determination, and focus. All the aspects should be like world complete. Hard, time consuming. and not luck.

See, we do agree on legendaries. In a perfect world, their approach to the new legendaries would have been the way to get the old ones too, but I guess it’s better late than never.

As far as character progression, you aren’t forced into any aspect of the game you don’t want to play. But that doesn’t mean it will be as easy or as fast as the “intended” way.