Forums Filled With Complaining

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

So i remember when the forums used to be a place for advice or ways to interact with players. Now its just a festival of complaining.

When will all the major problems that are flooding the forums be fixed?

I want to come back to the old forums!

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Your complaining about complaining and I’m complaining about your complaining about the complaining on the forums.

Nobody complain about my complaining.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Forums are filled with compaining because for some ppl (including me) complaining on the forums is more fun than playing GW2 atm

The players help players section doesnt’t have much complaining, though. So look there to give and ask for advice

(edited by saturn.4810)

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

The Truth Hurts.

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

HoT maps are empty – everyone busy complaining on the forums.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

We’re complaining because HoT introduced a lot of systems that make the game not the same as it was before the expansion released.

It is no longer “play how you want.” It is now “you must play with a huge glob of people you don’t know and do instanced content.”

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

The issues this expansion.

They added so much, but there is nothing to do.

Rewards are extremely lackluster. Only point to log into new maps is just farming and farming and farming events just to level masteries.

Elite specs are really all that was worth doing and being rewarded for. No awesome armor worth farming for even. I played about three weeks of expansion and I’m just to bored to log back in.

They took the game in the wrong direction for many players

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

A good question – when will all the current issues be fixed.

A rollback would do the trick, but also upset a lot of the OP class players, because their classes got more OPed and they like it that way.

Hard to say, but perhaps when they hire capable people to do the job right. The current game design team is a failure as all the feedback proves.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I have been using the forums for the past three years, and GW2 forums were never a friendly platform for people to exchange advice, not in the general discussion at least.

Whenever GW2 has any kind of activity or update, there is always complaints. Alot of people are implying that HoT ruined everything and that’s why people are complaining. However, people were complaining as much before HoT, saying that ANet always releases easy content and they should be releasing an expansion with a harder approach.

Sure, there is alot of flaws in HoT. However, these forums have always been a place of complaints. And the only times they are friendly is when the forums are dead and there is nothing to complain about.

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

every patch is/has been followed by complaining, sometimes a lot, sometimes not but always complaints. As I remember it anyway. And a lot of those threads ends up in whiners vs knights battles.
The old saying that happy players isnt on the forum but playing the game has a lot of truth to it, as I see it. And of course, there is also the fact that a complain that concerns you is a valid one, the ones you dont care about is just whining
I dont think complaining on the forum has a lot of value, in itself, apart for the venting. Though one never should underestimate the power of a good venting, I dont really think Anet cares a lot. As I understand it, they can make statisitics out of pretty much anything in game, and those numbers/answers is what decides Anets actions. Of course, if the numbers shows that no-one is doing the meta in hot, Anet probably search the forum for clues, but the numbers is what matters.
Me thinks.

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

This is the best little Forum Post I’ve seen in ages.

Yeah, pretty much what everyone has said is true.

Heart of Thorns took the game into a bad direction the more we look at it. The general design was a good one. The general content was needed. It filled out a lot of the missing spaces this game has always had.

Unfortunately it really took a huge step toward saying ever toxic elitist should get more room to be and have that while excluding the majority of players that really don’t think that’s what is wanted from this game or any game.

What’s missing?
- Maps, maps, maps.
Four maps was just too little.
- Story
It was so much better this season than it has been just because they removed the constant instancing which really left a number of classes that need someone supporting them to survive LS content high and dry until now.
I think WoodenPotatoes flushed out story troubles in its entirety (correctly) in his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL-8bSUothk
- Raids
Looks to be where a good chunk of development went. They were needed, should be appreciated, but clearly are the end all be all now and that’s a big problem.
- Armor
Ascended Weapons and Armor have just been invalidated as the highest tier of weapons and armor in the game with the coming Legendary armor, which means everyone that doesn’t have ascended already has just been marginalized from any raid content and the access to their character’s final development (as things are).
- Ascended Armor accessibility essentially removed from the game
Ascended Armor, for those that have it already, means you can do raids and have access to the only dungeon content now getting much play. Simultaneously this means already having Ascended Armor means you can still hope to get into raids, be accepted by other players, and generally get on with the game.
Not having Ascended Armor means you’re basically screwed. It doesn’t drop anymore like it did and that’s increasingly been getting worse over the years. At this point if you don’t have it you don’t have a way to get it that those of us who already do have had until now.
This inaccessibility to Ascended materials is generally regarded as a money-scheme – on one hand (because you have to go to the gem store to get gold for Damask) – and a broken system that makes being so because the only place to get Empyreal Shards is from dungeons, which no one is doing because the incentive to do them (money) was removed.

In short, Heart of Thorns added a huge chunk of content while simultaneously removing a huge chunk of old content.

It did nothing to improve the WvW situation: which is now a ghost town.

A lot of the purpose to doing Open-World content has also been as also been removed. The drop rates from things don’t come until the end or not at all. So you can waste hours of your evening doing whatever you want to do in this game, but now it won’t progress you what so ever. Especially if you’re doing Heart of Thorns content.

There really are no new weapons or armor skins from the expansion itself that you just find like Scale armor, Barbarian armor, or whatever in Central Tyria. That’s never happened before in an MMO to my knowledge.

In short, they may as well have deleted the Open World for all the good it does. “Raid or get out” is the message to be taken from this.

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Would you prefer we bury our heads in the sand and accept Anet’s continuing knee-jerk decisions and severe lack of communication and transparency with its players (you know, the people who are keeping the lights on)?

The issues this expansion.

They added so much, but there is nothing to do.

Rewards are extremely lackluster. Only point to log into new maps is just farming and farming and farming events just to level masteries.

Elite specs are really all that was worth doing and being rewarded for. No awesome armor worth farming for even. I played about three weeks of expansion and I’m just to bored to log back in.

They took the game in the wrong direction for many players

And just wait till they get nerfed into oblivion thanks to esports – that system is sure worth the 100 likes and zero comments ESL posts get on Facebook.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

(edited by Makai.3429)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So i remember when the forums used to be a place for advice or ways to interact with players. Now its just a festival of complaining.

You’re complaining about all the people complaining. So…welcome to the party, I guess? There’s always room for 1 more!

Also, I have no idea what forum you’re even talking about. I came to these forums days after launch and have been back periodically for the game’s entire 3 years and I’ve always seen lots and lots of complaining. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed. I don’t expect it to.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Need I remind you that official forum is filled with complain since day 1 of the game launch. People here literally complain about everything and every little changes no matter the good and the bad.

So welcome to GW2 official forum.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

and when you got a complain and send in a ticket to support they always tell you to go to the forums and post it.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

we are allowed as costumers to complain… seeing i can not send a ticket about my complaints or go to a physical store i put them on the forums in the hope the dev team reads them and maybe considers in the future to change something in favor for me (and many others)

eldrin.6471

its a bit like dear anet your game sucks since hot please fix it before you all lose your jobs and im very sad.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

The forums are filled with complaining because ANet does not allow us a real way to offer suggestions. They used to, but they took it away.

Now, our only way to contact them is to complain on the forums. They claim they are reading them, but clearly they are not, at least not very much.

So, people have to complain “louder”, which on a forum means more often.

Daddicus.6128

I have been using the forums for the past three years, and GW2 forums were never a friendly platform for people to exchange advice, not in the general discussion at least.

Whenever GW2 has any kind of activity or update, there is always complaints. Alot of people are implying that HoT ruined everything and that’s why people are complaining. However, people were complaining as much before HoT, saying that ANet always releases easy content and they should be releasing an expansion with a harder approach.

Sure, there is alot of flaws in HoT. However, these forums have always been a place of complaints. And the only times they are friendly is when the forums are dead and there is nothing to complain about.

Wrong. I did not complain at all between the abysmal magic find torture they “gave” us and HoT. Not one word of complaint.

I’m complaining now because they’re destroying the game. They’re trying to make it WoW. News flash: I play GW over WoW for a reason. Or, at least I used to. Those reasons have faded considerably lately.

This game was NEVER boring before HoT. It was NEVER grindy (despite some opinions to the contrary). They openly stated many times that GW would never be grindy. But, masteries have made it incredibly boring and grindy.

warbignime.4610

Wrong. I did not complain at all between the abysmal magic find torture they “gave” us and HoT. Not one word of complaint.

I’m complaining now because they’re destroying the game. They’re trying to make it WoW. News flash: I play GW over WoW for a reason. Or, at least I used to. Those reasons have faded considerably lately.

This game was NEVER boring before HoT. It was NEVER grindy (despite some opinions to the contrary). They openly stated many times that GW would never be grindy. But, masteries have made it incredibly boring and grindy.

Masteries are not boring and grindy, it’s only grindy if you make it that way. Mastery are progreesion system that last months to come, you can easily level it up by playing regularly in the jungle and there are variety of activities to level it up. Actual grind are cof p1 and spider farm, playing content to earn time consuming progression are not grind or else every RPG is GRIND.

Posted by: Kurogami.9210

Kurogami.9210

Let’s be honest: ANet included raids because players asked for them. They made HoT harder because players asked for challenging content. They added masteries and hero points because players complained that there wasn’t much left to do once you reach a certain point in the game. Of course ANet made mistakes in the way they implemented these things, but you can’t deny that GW2 becoming more and more like most other 08/15 MMOs is because many players want GW2 to be like other MMOs. This is what happens when developers listen too much to their players.

eldrin.6471

MASTERYS ARE A PROGRESSION SYSTEM?To what exactly? i grind ed myself to lvl 161 and progressed to TD were iv failed 17 times on organized maps with gw2community
We got mastery and they are the game there is nothing to progress to.So dont kid your self ,your mastering a kitten ton of xp and mastery points and there is nothing to master them for,there is no game.just masterys. and at this point i must say having realized that i really do not like anet or there dishonesty..

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Masteries are not boring and grindy

Well, this is a matter of opinion. “Grind” is a subjective term and different people have different thresholds for it. What is grindy to one person may not be to another and vice versa.

Since most people at least partially define grind as involving repeating same or similar content over and over, Maguuma masteries, for instance, involve a fair amount of this.

There’s not a lot of variety to 4 maps and often the best way to get the XP for leveling is by repeating these same events on a map and the same meta sequence.

I’ve been doing events for my own XP and even though I try to cycle through all 4 maps in a bid for some variety, it’s already beginning to feel like a bit of a slog.

warbignime.4610

MASTERYS ARE A PROGRESSION SYSTEM?To what exactly? i grind ed myself to lvl 161 and progressed to TD were iv failed 17 times on organized maps with gw2community
We got mastery and they are the game there is nothing to progress to.So dont kid your self ,your mastering a kitten ton of xp and mastery points and there is nothing to master them for,there is no game.just masterys. and at this point i must say having realized that i really do not like anet or there dishonesty..

Your sentence doesn’t make any sense I don’t understand what’s your point.

eldrin.6471

Your sentence doesn’t make any sense I don’t understand what’s your point.

makes sense to me.maybe you talk different were your from.

Posted by: Velarian.6290

Velarian.6290

Your complaining about complaining and I’m complaining about your complaining about the complaining on the forums.

Nobody complain about my complaining.

I’m not complaining about your complaining about complaining about complaining on the forums. But i want to point out that you are a part of the problem here! Stop the spiral of complaints and say something constructive! Like… You are using nice grammar dude. Or make a point about the nice weather for the end of november.

Anyway, back to the topic.
I can totally understand the people who are complaining. The expansion brought a lot of systems and mechanics and a level of difficulty found nowhere else in the game. Even open map combat and events are often at old fractal 40-50 difficulty.

For myself i have to say i welcome these changes as i got bored by now with the old content and felt like there is no use for playing intensly at all in the game, let alone it’s nice combat mechanics you nearly never had to use effectively. only if u were pushing for optimal dungeon speed runs, or 1 manning dungeons or fractals u really had to know your class in and out.

In the other numerous mmos i played it was more of a learning curve, when u wanted to progress you had to get better over time, not like it is now where everything is easy and hot drops the hammer then.

maybe its also about customer numbers. before exp announcement ive seen far less people over time, nearly all guilds where dying out except some really big ones. maybe anet felt like they had to try a new direction to not let this game die.

the free to play offensive would make another point for that. they tried hard to make gw2 a very casual experience with nearly nothing to work for or no reason to improve your skill. Some people liked that, but a lot of people left because of that. So i think it is harsh to blame anet for trying something different. it all comes down to numbers, and only time will tell if it is worth for anet as a company or not. if not im sure they will tune down new content.

and a note regarding ascended and/or legendary equipment: u dont need ascended armor for raids. ascended trinkets and weapons are reasonable to come by. ascended armor however is needed for high level fractal play.

and ascended armor is not neglected by legendary armor. i only use ascended weapons and feel no need to craft myself a legendary. to much money/time to invest for that. also i like to play different armor classes, i have my bersi heavy set, condi medium set and support light set.

also you have to see that changing stats isnt as useful as it sounds, because most of the time you have to change runes for a new build anyway, and depending on a set this can cost as much as 60gold if u r using str runes. so swapping around all the time is just a thing if u dont optimize your equipment anyway, because else you would have to pay a lot. sure, less than making a new set, but changing your playsyle from bersi to condi etc each week will be a lot of money you throw down the toilet.

i have to admit i was shocked HOW expensve ascended crafting has now become. i think its due to a lot of old players who quit are coming back and now are crafting their ascended, bringing prices up. and of course guild halls, needing nearly all the mats in the game. iron for close to 3s? thats much wow oh and legendary crafting needing a lot of ascended mats, too.

but that will settle down, and to be honest its no surprise at all that raids are supposed to be beaten in ascended gear. that was stated clearly time after time after time well in advance. if you are not now starting playing the game you had more than enough time to acquire ascended gear relatively cheap compared to now. sure, thats not a perfect solution. BUT ascended is best-in-slot gear. and for that it was a little bit too easy to obtain anyway. for a full set it is about 1000g now i think. you can get handily about 10g per hour if you concentrate on earning gold, even more. so thats 100 hours of gameplay. if u play 1 hour a day, thats 3 months. i think that is fair.

sorry for the long text and if u got so far, thank you very much

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

if people were having fun, they wouldn’t bother coming to the forums, they come because they hope their input will make a change. Little do they know, anet doesn’t care, they think only apathetic people complain. [backwards anet logic as usual]

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

In the past, Anet listened to many complaints. Atm not so much anymore, but still a bit.

They will improve the fracral rewards. They made more items depositable. Also, they nerfed druid and removed minstrel amulet in PvP.

warbignime.4610

In the past, Anet listened to many complaints. Atm not so much anymore, but still a bit.

They will improve the fracral rewards. They made more items depositable. Also, they nerfed druid and removed minstrel amulet in PvP.

Anet listened to complains, people complaint there are not enough hardcore content, now that we have hardcore content the same people are complaining about it. There are people on this forum will literally complain no matter what Anet do.

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

when Anet quiet on some issues, they are NOT going to change it.
This is what i learned about anet’s behavior from forum now.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Sometimes complaining is more interesting than the game itself.

Or words to that effect.

Daddicus.6128

Also, they nerfed druid ….

They NERFED Druid? Before they did anything it was the weakest thing in the game. I went back to a standard ranger because the skills for Druid were more harmful than useful.

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

Forums are filled with compaining because for some ppl (including me) complaining on the forums is more fun than playing GW2 atm

The players help players section doesnt’t have much complaining, though. So look there to give and ask for advice

Right?!
I’m here because it’s more entertaining!

Daddicus.6128

Masteries are not boring and grindy, it’s only grindy if you make it that way. Mastery are progreesion system that last months to come, you can easily level it up by playing regularly in the jungle and there are variety of activities to level it up. Actual grind are cof p1 and spider farm, playing content to earn time consuming progression are not grind or else every RPG is GRIND.

You can’t be serious. What could possibly be more grinding than having to gain the equivalent of 4 levels just to progress into the next spot on the map? The ONLY reason to have to spend that time is to pass a gate. And then, when you get to that spot, you have to do it again, but this time you have to gain 8 levels of XP.

That is the very definition of grindy.

Daddicus.6128

I wish I had your faith and optimism. But, what I see is that they made a fundamental change to the game that cannot be changed back.

IF they were to restore dungeon, fractal, and other things to their former usefulness, then maybe that would help. At least I could leave the HoT areas and just ignore them. But, they damaged the main game as well as the new content. I just don’t see how they can fix it.

I wish I had your optimism. But, if they realized the size and scope of this disaster they implemented, then they would have said something on at least one of these complaint threads. I haven’t seen a single post, positive or negative. So, if they are reading, they’re ignoring the whole set of problems.

I wish I had your optimism.

warbignime.4610

You can’t be serious. What could possibly be more grinding than having to gain the equivalent of 4 levels just to progress into the next spot on the map? The ONLY reason to have to spend that time is to pass a gate. And then, when you get to that spot, you have to do it again, but this time you have to gain 8 levels of XP.

That is the very definition of grindy.

I don’t get your logical, why you have to go to that little spot you can not access now, there are many more things to do and level the mastery on the way of doing them. You play video games for content not level up.

Daddicus.6128

I don’t get your logical, why you have to go to that little spot you can not access now, there are many more things to do and level the mastery on the way of doing them. You play video games for content not level up.

Well, I wouldn’t expect anybody to get my logical, but my logic is fairly straightforward. But, that probably was just a typo.

I was referring to masteries. Masteries start at a million XP, the equivalent of 4 levels worth. So, it costs 4 levels (or, 1 million XP) to get the mastery I need to attain the third mastery point. Then, I’m stuck until I earn 2 more million XP to get to the next couple of hero points. Oh, and I can’t advance the main story, either, for the same reasons.

Why do I want to get to that little spot? Have you so soon forgotten that you had no choice? You couldn’t advance the story until you got one of the masteries, and you couldn’t get those needed hero points so you could use your new elite specialization.

Am I missing something?

Tell me you don’t consider this to be a grind: killing random monsters and doing random events PURELY so you can get to the next step of the story. It’s not even to earn money; just XP. It doesn’t get more grinding than that.

warbignime.4610

Well, I wouldn’t expect anybody to get my logical, but my logic is fairly straightforward. But, that probably was just a typo.

I was referring to masteries. Masteries start at a million XP, the equivalent of 4 levels worth. So, it costs 4 levels (or, 1 million XP) to get the mastery I need to attain the third mastery point. Then, I’m stuck until I earn 2 more million XP to get to the next couple of hero points. Oh, and I can’t advance the main story, either, for the same reasons.

Why do I want to get to that little spot? Have you so soon forgotten that you had no choice? You couldn’t advance the story until you got one of the masteries, and you couldn’t get those needed hero points so you could use your new elite specialization.

Am I missing something?

Tell me you don’t consider this to be a grind: killing random monsters and doing random events PURELY so you can get to the next step of the story. It’s not even to earn money; just XP. It doesn’t get more grinding than that.

There are so many hero points that only require no mastery or very basic ones. The masteries needed for story can be done in a matter of a few hours what are you talking about?

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

well well, speaking of “complaining”. Look at the mirror once in a while goes a long way.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: LaCoria.8549

LaCoria.8549

I think our biggest issue with seeing the flood of complaints on the forums is the lack of developer response since launch. In the past, I could look under the “What are the Devs Saying” feature, and find two or three dozen responses. Since HoT dropped though it seems like our “community oriented developers” have gone into hiding. I know they’ve been busy, and I know they’ve got a ton of work on their plates, but it would be nice to see at least a response or two that we are being heard.

Steel Courage.1250

From reading all of your comments, yes i know i am complaining about complaining, but its given me much more view into all the problems. A lot of valid points are made as well for how they felt HoT was like it gave content but retracted old content.

And i know the forums are mostly filled with complaining, but they are more than ever with HoT. I just miss the little posts like “Screen Shots Halloween 2015!” vs “blah blah i hate this game”.

Its comforting to see this response and just reassures me of how sweet it will be when profession,map and various other problems will be balanced and fixed.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

From reading all of your comments, yes i know i am complaining about complaining, but its given me much more view into all the problems. A lot of valid points are made as well for how they felt HoT was like it gave content but retracted old content.

And i know the forums are mostly filled with complaining, but they are more than ever with HoT. I just miss the little posts like “Screen Shots Halloween 2015!” vs “blah blah i hate this game”.

Its comforting to see this response and just reassures me of how sweet it will be when profession,map and various other problems will be balanced and fixed.

Reddit is far better than the forums for that sort of posting. The forums are partlly populated by disenfranchised people, partly populated by trolls, partly populated by people who want the game to be different and partly by a few people who love the game and think people are over-reacting. That’s the forums.

Reddit is a far better place, because posts that make no sense or are unnecessary or are not constructive tend to get downvoted pretty fast.

Steel Courage.1250

Reddit is far better than the forums for that sort of posting. The forums are partlly populated by disenfranchised people, partly populated by trolls, partly populated by people who want the game to be different and partly by a few people who love the game and think people are over-reacting. That’s the forums.

Reddit is a far better place, because posts that make no sense or are unnecessary or are not constructive tend to get downvoted pretty fast.

True, i just want the devs to see it

Vayne.8563

Many of the devs read and post on reddit as well. So they have seen it.

Anyway, even the complaining shows that fans are passionate about the game, even if they don’t like some changes.

And some of the complaints are well-founded. You can’t really stop people from complaining.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Then go to reddit we get more replies from devs there then we do in this forum, here we mostly get our dear Gaile Gray and her juggling with trying to get devs to answer and getting told what shes allowed to post as reply to players by management.

Gaile is alot better then the great wall of silence but it should get better guys looks up yes you big brother.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

The forums were filled with legit complaints

Now the forums are filled with complaints about complaints and complaints about people leaving and how the maps are drying up and finding people has become so much harder.

The complaints at launch were legit and after weeks of voicing there concern those people merely left this is capitalism after all and it’s not there job to support a product they don’t find appealing. Problem is it’s become so much of an issue with people leaving we now have these empty map complaints which will just cause more people to leave down the road who even wished to stay and play.

Posted by: Pezz.4758

Pezz.4758

Now the forums are filled with complaints about complaints and complaints about people leaving and how the maps are drying up and finding people has become so much harder.

The complaints at launch were legit and after weeks of voicing there concern those people merely left this is capitalism after all and it’s not there job to support a product they don’t find appealing. Problem is it’s become so much of an issue with people leaving we now have these empty map complaints which will just cause more people to leave down the road who even wished to stay and play.

can you believe people are calling unhappy customers bad people because the wont “adapt” to a completely option time wasting only for enjoyment entertainment product? at this point the forums are turning me off the game more than the game did, and i stopped playing it a week ago

Vayne.8563

can you believe people are calling unhappy customers bad people because the wont “adapt” to a completely option time wasting only for enjoyment entertainment product? at this point the forums are turning me off the game more than the game did, and i stopped playing it a week ago

But there’s different kinds of adapting.

I knew people that refused to use word processors and continued to use typewriters long after word processors became available. They refused to adapt. It doesn’t make them heroes.

I know people who don’t like computers and refuse to use them period. Or smart phones. Or ipods. They refuse to adapt.

Sometimes refusing to adapt means you’ll be left behind. Suppose you bought a beta max back in the day and hated VHS? Well you’d be screwed, because eventually, no one had or made movies on beta. You had to adapt, even if you liked beta better.

In this game, ascended gear wasn’t in the game and some people couldn’t adapt to it’s addition and left the game. Does that mean the game is worse with ascended gear? I think it is…but I adapted.

Adapting is a normal part of playing games, in fact. If you play baseball and everyone starts using fastballs, you adapt, because the game changes. Games always have new tactics that people have to adapt to. Adapt isn’t a dirty word.

If you go into a dungeon and you keep dying, and you’re dying because you insist on meleeing something that has a huge circle of fire around it, then you’re refusing to adapt. Again, it doesn’t make you a hero. Sometimes, you have to switch to range, which is why you have a weapon swap. You don’t have to love range, but there are fights that it makes sense to use it on. I don’t see a whole lot of melee players meleeing the fire ele. Presumably they adapted.

When harder content comes in, some people will learn and adapt to that content, thus making the content not as hard. I know several people in my guild who day one thought the new zones were horribly hard and confusing and now they’ve adapted and they’re in those zones playing.

A game that doesn’t ask people to adapt will eventually become boring to at least some players, perhaps most players.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

We’re complaining because HoT introduced a lot of systems that make the game not the same as it was before the expansion released.

It is no longer “play how you want.” It is now “you must play with a huge glob of people you don’t know and do instanced content.”

And don’t forget to include the term grindfest !! You can’t simply pick up an alt and try out the new specializations because you need to go grind a ton of hero points …. boring.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Well, while you weren’t complaining, alot of people were. Point is that different ’’aduiences’’ complain when the game-state doesn’t fit their perfect picture, leading to a forum that is quite negative. One of the reasons for that is that ANet constantly change their values while trying to satisfy all the different audiences. The result is a community where most people tend to be fraustrated at one point or another.

If masteries is the only thing you aren’t enjoying in HoT, I may have a tip for you that may improve your experience. Try to consider masteries as some kind of a long-time progression method. Don’t try to rush them, take your time collecting them as long-time goals while trying different kind of things in the expansion. I know it may sound bad since you maybe interested to play one part of the expansion and the masteries create a wall that prevents you from doing that. However, trying to look at the mastery system with a different mindset, may actually improve your gameplay. This may not help you to be fair, and you may still dislike how GW2 have developed… however, giving it a try may make some kind of a change.