From the review

From the review

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

quote:
There are plenty of ways to contribute to the fight, from reviving players caught in the wyvern’s devastating fire breath to providing allies with boons—such as stability—to defend against its powerful knockback. If the wyvern does knock you off the side of its perch, you can always catch an updraft to glide back into the fray—provided you’ve put mastery points into gliding, of course

/endquote

Sounds like they have brought the one shot mechanics to HoT and added the ‘knock you off the ledge’ that almost everyone hated in EoTM (and made it the karma train map, as no sensible people want a map where half your team falls off to fearmancers).

Ressing players isn’t really ‘contributing to the fight’, it’s more ‘fighting against cheesy one shot mechanics and running out of dodgerolls’.

Hopefully those mastery points won’t be needed elsewhere, and can be gained before you face this fight, as having to res and run back to the fight just to be knocked off the edge again is going to get old real fast.

I’m sure people will soon learn how to conquer it (looks like it’s team orientated open world) or it will be largely ignored.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

From the review

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

Have you even seen any of the videos about the demo released?

I didn’t see many people die to the wyvern even when it was flying around dropping fire fields, and you can just glide back up to the ledge after being knocked down.
Unless there are points of the fight where the up-drafts are removed, just stand out of the fire and you’ll be fine.

That’s not to say that later Wyverns won’t be more difficult, of course, as they mentioned there would be others. And harpoon guns…

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

From the review

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There will also be a mastery line where you can spend points (a lot of points) to become immune to wyvern knockback.

I’m not clear yet on whether one point in gliding will be enough to get back on the platform, or if you have to invest further in the line before all the updrafts by the platform will work for you. Still, no review I’ve seen of the wyvern fight has said anything about being one-shot gone from the fray thanks to a knockback and I imagine someone would comment on it if it were a problem.

From the review

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

From the review, he mentioned ressing people caught in the firebreath, and being able to use the updrafts IF you have the points in mastery.

So not enough mastery points (or none) and splat your dead.

Fail to avoid the fire breath, downed, if no one resses you in time, dead.

And bear in mind the people playing in the demos aren’t pugs, these are invited players from some of the top pvp and wvw guilds using ts to communicate.

No doubt some will enjoy being pushed off edges, but to me it’s a kitteneesy.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

From the review

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

The wing buffet has a huge tell animation. Besides, it’s okay when mobs do it.