Forum bug, she’s on it.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GUILD HALLS, unobtainable

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Are you joking? Obtaining a guild hall for your one mans banking guild? A guildhall is supposed to be a place for a guild (of players), this is not housing or something. So tired of the new generation of gamers who want everything spoonfed and soloable in an MMO. If you want to only solo a game, theres many great single player games. And no you are not entitled in any way. Whats next? wanting to do raids Soloable?

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Let’s be realistic here. Someone asked me why is it absurd for a solo to have 3/4 of a guild. I didn’t reply him. It is indeed absurd though for a person to have that much “power” or access to so much features which are made to cater to be used by many people, not one or two. If Gw2 is a pvpish game, this will become extremely game breaking with solo or duo people having so much power. Thus, this isn’t realistic or even fair in those games.

Also, realistically, a small guild has a small hall because of the limited of resources while a large guild will have a large hall. However, guild hall can’t be scaled so they limit it via features. If solo or duo guild are to confine into this concept, they will not get guild hall because it is only realistic and fair to the guilds that actually bother to earn for it and not buy their way through. If golds is all you need to build a guild, that is really a insult to all the guilds that actually put in efforts to gather people, create a community and advance.

What Power? The powers I abused sooo much planting banners in noob zones? My horrific abuse of power placing +5 on a camp when a map commander asked? The raw, game breaking arrogance of fully buffing a keep or tower? My maniacal laughter while placing superior guild siege to help my server?

Please tell me how I, personally, gained by such callous abuse of my ill gotten gains? By providing things, free, to this community? Good lord, this game needs a dungeon lockup for “power mad” Tyrants such as I. Oh, the destruction I have wrought. Mea Culpa.

And BTW, I upgraded my Guild with influence, not Gold. My perfidy knows no bounds.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: eviltwink.3914

eviltwink.3914

Again, you misunderstand me. I have no problem asking people for help getting a guildhall, its no problem finding 3-4 people to get this, even if I have to pay a couple of gold for the help. Problem is once I get a guildhall, there is nothing I can do with it, as favor only comes to guilds of min. 3 people.

Influense, was earned based on how many people you were. 1 person, it takes 100 hours. 10 people it takes 10 hours. 100 people, it takes 1 hour. Makes sense, bigger group, faster progress, but it was still possible to progress, even if it was slow.

Now, 1 person, its not going to happen. 2 people, its not going to happen. 3 people, it takes 100 hours.

Am I suppost to ask for help from a stranger every single time i want to cap a camp in WvW to get 300 favor? All I ask is to let me earn favor, at a SLOW pace. I don’t say i need it quick, i just ask that it is possible. like it used to be pre-HoT.

And do those saying small guilds get to much power, it has always been like this previously, I did not ruin the game for anyone, I spent maybe 3 months getting a bank slot, did it hurt you? I spent maybe a day getting enough to get a banner or two, again, did it hurt your game experience? I didn’t even buy influense, i EARNED it.

Did I get to powerful for you?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Let’s be realistic here. Someone asked me why is it absurd for a solo to have 3/4 of a guild. I didn’t reply him. It is indeed absurd though for a person to have that much “power” or access to so much features which are made to cater to be used by many people, not one or two. If Gw2 is a pvpish game, this will become extremely game breaking with solo or duo people having so much power. Thus, this isn’t realistic or even fair in those games.

Also, realistically, a small guild has a small hall because of the limited of resources while a large guild will have a large hall. However, guild hall can’t be scaled so they limit it via features. If solo or duo guild are to confine into this concept, they will not get guild hall because it is only realistic and fair to the guilds that actually bother to earn for it and not buy their way through. If golds is all you need to build a guild, that is really a insult to all the guilds that actually put in efforts to gather people, create a community and advance.

I’m sorry, what is this gamebreaking “power” that small guilds could potentially wield by having a hall to put flags in? Could you clarify?

I am talking about pvpish mmo in that same statement. Do you actually read or do you not play pvpish mmo before?

Edit: Btw, small guild is not equivalent to solo or duo person guild. Choice of words is very important here.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

The guild hall is thunging MASSIVE. I don’t see how having one for your guild is in any way a benefit to your gameplay unless you are in a large guild.

At the beginning at least there is no bank, no trading post, no crafting stations… nothing. It is a HUGE empty hall. You really aren’t missing a whole lot by not having one.

SkyShroud.2865

What Power? The powers I abused sooo much planting banners in noob zones? My horrific abuse of power placing +5 on a camp when a map commander asked? The raw, game breaking arrogance of fully buffing a keep or tower? My maniacal laughter while placing superior guild siege to help my server?

Please tell me how I, personally, gained by such callous abuse of my ill gotten gains? By providing things, free, to this community? Good lord, this game needs a dungeon lockup for “power mad” Tyrants such as I. Oh, the destruction I have wrought. Mea Culpa.

And BTW, I upgraded my Guild with influence, not Gold. My perfidy knows no bounds.

Same to you, read the above.

Btw, if you really did earn influence by gaining through huge number of events, that really is impressive. But, did you really gain that much influence through solo events?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Are you joking? Obtaining a guild hall for your one mans banking guild? A guildhall is supposed to be a place for a guild (of players), this is not housing or something. So tired of the new generation of gamers who want everything spoonfed and soloable in an MMO. If you want to only solo a game, theres many great single player games. And no you are not entitled in any way. Whats next? wanting to do raids Soloable?

Why yes, it is perfectly logical that me asking for the ability for my guild to do as it has done for years also means I will ask for solo raids, precursors to drop from Iron Nodes, and a private instance to single-handedly kill Jormag with a Herring.

I’ve soloed in MMOs since 2003. Most of the time.. it was harder. I like to socialize, sell, and craft in MMOs and adventure on my own. Gasp. And, I tossed as much money at those MMOs as group players did. More Gasps.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Btw, if you really did earn influence by gaining through huge number of events, that really is impressive. But, did you really gain that much influence through solo events?

This is GW2, not pvpishmmo.. whatever that is. I earned that influence ungrouped. As designed and intended in Open World and WvW. Most times alone, sometimes not. I solo roamed, scouted, and capped camps in WwW.

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

I’m sorry, what is this gamebreaking “power” that small guilds could potentially wield by having a hall to put flags in? Could you clarify?

I am talking about pvpish mmo in that same statement. Do you actually read or do you not play pvpish mmo before?

Edit: Btw, small guild is not equivalent to solo or duo person guild. Choice of words is very important here.

That doesn’t answer my question. What is this power that solo- and duo-guilds hold over “pvpish mmo” (whatever that is)?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The guild hall is thunging MASSIVE. I don’t see how having one for your guild is in any way a benefit to your gameplay unless you are in a large guild.

At the beginning at least there is no bank, no trading post, no crafting stations… nothing. It is a HUGE empty hall. You really aren’t missing a whole lot by not having one.

Except, you know…

Considering Guild Halls gates off the Scribe profession and thus your ability to craft legendaries using masteries.

That.

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I don’t want a Guild Hall. I want my already earned upgrades back. Unfortunately, the means to do so were put in that hall and group size gated.

This is less about wanting a freeking Hall and more about Anet using a club instead of a carrot to leverage HoT sales.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Sorry guys but you cannot expect a MMO to account for and adjust to 1-2 person guilds.

Why not? It wasn’t exactly easy before, but solo players could manage if they put a lot of effort. Why they should not expect for that trend to continue?

You want content that was made for groups of 10-500 people, to be changed and accommodated to fit your player housing prospect?

No, apparently they want content that was originally made for 1-500 people to not get changed, and stay that way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Drox.4562

Drox.4562

While I have no horse in this race I do find it odd that people are angry that they can’t have solo guild content. Considering the point of a guild is a group of people in pursuit of a common goal. Not one person stroking their kitten at the thought of being in a guild of one. So it isn’t surprising that they would make guilds more evolved around the group of people part than the guilds with one person.

(edited by Drox.4562)

SkyShroud.2865

That doesn’t answer my question. What is this power that solo- and duo-guilds hold over “pvpish mmo” (whatever that is)?

But that do tells me one thing, you never play before pvpish MMOs. Pvp-ish means PvP focused MMOs. Guilds in some games are given the capability to temporary boost the fighting capabilities of their members, to put in plain simple term, boost the powers of their members. For the sake of balancing and all, getting all these lovely features won’t be cheap otherwise, every tom, kitten and harry can obtain them then activating them whenever they please.

This is GW2. I earned that influence ungrouped. As designed and intended in Open World. Most times alone, sometimes not.

I realize that some people participating in this “discussion”, do note I used the quotation marks, they are doing selective reading and selective argument which are often bias and just simply seeking to look for one ultimate result. That is to allow a solo or duo guild to gain favors and even guild halls, even though they themselves had once agreed that previously it was designed to do but refuse to come to acceptance that it is no longer designed so. The refusal to accept the current designs might be because being a one-man army make oneself feels pro or getting another individual into a private couple heaven is invasive or because getting 100-slots bank is cheaper than going to gems store to expand your personal ones even though anet did made a small compromise by allowing people to get a 50-slot stash with a little bit of help but people simply wants more.

Meanwhile, open minded individuals have already asked for assistances in helping to obtain favors and even guild halls

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But that do tells me one thing, you never play before pvpish MMOs. Pvp-ish means PvP focused MMOs. Guilds in some games are given the capability to temporary boost the fighting capabilities of their members, to put in plain simple term, boost the powers of their members. For the sake of balancing and all, getting all these lovely features won’t be cheap otherwise, every tom, kitten and harry can obtain them then activating them whenever they please.

So? We’re talking about GW2 here, not one of those “pvpish” MMOs, so this consideration doesn’t apply.

I realize that some people participating in this “discussion”, do note I used the quotation marks, they are doing selective reading and selective argument which are often bias and just simply seeking to look for one ultimate result. That is to allow a solo or duo guild to gain favors and even guild halls, even though they themselves had once agreed that previously it was designed to do but refuse to come to acceptance that it is no longer designed so. The refusal to accept the current designs might be because being a one-man army make oneself feels pro or getting another individual into a private couple heaven is invasive or because getting 100-slots bank is cheaper than going to gems store to expand your personal ones even though anet did made a small compromise by allowing people to get a 50-slot stash with a little bit of help but people simply wants more.

Meanwhile, open minded individuals have already asked for assistances in helping to obtain favors and even guild halls

…“open minded individuals”? “selective reading”? “selective arguments”?
Why don’t you look at your own post first?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: XatraZaytrax.2601

XatraZaytrax.2601

Me and my friends built our guild shortly after launch and spent the next to years generating influence to buy some nice perks, like guild catas and experience and karma banners. Even though my friend stopped playing the game, i was able to continue generating influence so i could use those services we spent a lot of time and effort building.

Now they are all gone. I can’t build guild catas or banners. I can only use the ones we had. I feel like Anet literally stole those things we bought with our hard effort and spit in my face. OOOOOO, my guild is level two. OOOOOOO, i got 50 guild favor. Big deal. I can’t do anything with it.

I play solo and really don’t want to be involved in another large guild. There is too much drama and at the end of the day, there is no guarantee those guilds will be able to maintain membership. The last big guild I belonged to reached more than 100 members and at one point only two — me being one — were on for months on end. And because i wasn’t an officers i had no authority to do anything. When they finally decided to start playing again and rebuilding the guild they hosted all the events during a time I couldn’t play. I finally left that guild and repped my original one full time because it felt lonelier being in that guild than just doing my own thing.

So I guess my guild is worthless. Name only. Yea, i can easily come up with the 100g. I play this game that much. Probably more than members of those big guilds. And I’ve sunk a lot of cash into this game. I have 11 toons (all but two with map completions) and purchased other things.

Maybe I should count myself lucky Anet didn’t also steal my bank, like they stole those other services we paid for and those guild banners and those levelling scrolls and pretty much anything else they decide they don’t want players to have any more.

So yea, I am mad I can’t build my own guild hall. VERY MAD. I have a right to be. Just gives me one less incentive to play this game. The jury is still out on wvw, but so far it isn’t fun at all and I’ve mostly stuck with this game for that.

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

1. Had fully upgraded guild
2. Expansion got released
3. All upgrades removed and can be re-unlocked for 45 euros.

Life of a non-HoT player.

Location, location, location.

Posted by: BaconofPigs.1683

BaconofPigs.1683

Which guild upgrades got removed? or do you mean they don’t exist to begin with?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I have my bank account. It is level 4… at least it says so.

I’ll see if and when I want to upgrade…

Doubt this guidhal will smell of rich mahgany…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

TL;DR: Previously 2 man grouping was optimal when dividing a guild, now it isn’t even viable. It is no longer possible to progress your guild doing whatever you feel like. Mechanically, despite being in a group setting such as a zerg, or a pug, you can still be labelled as a solo/duo player by the new guild system. And solo/duo are now worth 0% to the guild instead of 20%/100% in most situations.

I have a small guild (not a solo, so don’t point your anti solo guild bullkitten at me). We tend to play in pairs, besides teaming up for the occasional large group (squads will make this so much easier thankfully).
Under the influence system this was optimal and we maxed out the guild as a team effort that didn’t require any of our members to leave their favourite form of play for any large length of time, giving a very good atmosphere to the guild to allow our community to help the guild and have fun.
Under the favor system, this is not even viable and it feels like we are being required to start building the guild up from scratch, despite being told we would be grandfathered in. To actually obtain the guild missions, even the easiest, we will now need to be bringing 3 people to cap a camp (for example). [This is a soloable encounter and is a face roll at 3, and we had duos doing it before to flip entire map worth of camps for optimal influence sake]

Its going to be a shift, and it’ll be doable. However, I want to express that it is an unexpected change that directly affects my guild’s playstyle.

Beyond all this, ignoring who is on what side, there still something is lost here. I’m not whining about difficulty, I don’t care about getting less than big guilds because that is fair in my mind. The real problem here is that we didn’t roll a pve mission as a mixed guild this week, so there is a constant chance that an entire fraction of the guild will no longer be able to contribute to our guild growth for a whole week. The pvper are being asked to pull overtime for the missions which are probably out of their reach.

No longer are we all having fun and making the guild better together, we either moving out of our fun to progress the guild together, or having fun and no longer being a benefit to the guild. Furthermore, if you want to solo, or duo as part of a larger guild, you are no longer being a productive member. If you want to play with your friends from another guild that you arn’t part of, it counts as soloing/duoing to the guild. If you want to pug, it counts as soloing/duoing to the guild. If you want to run with a random zerg, guess what to a guild that is soloing/duoing as well!

And soloing went down from 20% efficiency to 0% and duos from 100% to 0% (exception being dungeon puging where the duo also was lower than full iirc)
The 0% is the problem atm, being at 20% was plenty incentive to group up within a guild, as well as leaving some room to breath.

(edited by Snow.2048)

Posted by: Lady Po Wang Dabang.1394

Lady Po Wang Dabang.1394

if anet didn’t want 1 or 2 players to make guilds they shouldn’t have allowed them to be created in the first place

SkyShroud.2865

So? We’re talking about GW2 here, not one of those “pvpish” MMOs, so this consideration doesn’t apply.

…“open minded individuals”? “selective reading”? “selective arguments”?
Why don’t you look at your own post first?

It is funny when you tell me I’m selective reading and arguing when you intervene my reply which I made for others.

I believe your idea of open mindedness is you want anet to change the whole system to cater for a group of people instead of coming to acceptance of this is what the system is now and will continue to be. Instead like other people who accept how it is and begin to ask their friends or even pugs to help them with a bit of missions (most likely PvP) and even guild halls which can be captured with 10 people. Instead of looking for a workaround which is 3 person for PvP guild missions while 10 people to capture a guild hall, getting one or two guy to do PvP guild missions isn’t exactly life and death difficulty, is it? Though getting 10 people to help capture guild hall can be difficult but not impossible afterall Gw2 is said to have helpful community.

if anet didn’t want 1 or 2 players to make guilds they shouldn’t have allowed them to be created in the first place

Since launch, 3 person is anet’s definition for guild. Anet may not have explicitly announce it but anyone that played PvP ranked or unranked arena with guildies. They will notice that the system automatically recognize 3 people as a guild by displaying their guild name in the match up in the form of <Guild’s Name> vs <Random Pug’s name>. Never for 2 person even if the other 3 are of complete different guilds, much say one person.

However, that doesn’t mean that anet has to stop you from creating a guild in name just so you have a easier time to recruit. You can start a company alone and hire employees later, is exactly the same concept. However, a company with only you yourself in it, it is not exactly practical to occupy entire office building, right?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Turiya Raver Xll.7068

Turiya Raver Xll.7068

I am in a 3 player guild, talked to initiative in LA and got the initiative hall. Guild is level 2 (220/300 xp) with 8,714 influence left over, 0/6000 favor. 0 funds 0 favor. The hall has commendation trader and guild banker (guild 50 stash and 100 trove), guild requisitioner and guild initiative notary. Current upgrades are Initiative registration and guild vault stash. I visited a few other new guild halls (still in LA) and they had a merchant called “Ronald LeFleur Favor Vendor” next to the guild banker. How do I get this merchant to appear and then convert the 8k influence into favor to at least unlock something that will allow us to progress?

(edited by Turiya Raver Xll.7068)

Posted by: Drox.4562

Drox.4562

Even if they changed the amount of people needed for making a guild people would still get around this as they do in other MMO’s. Which they do by either asking people or paying people with in-game currency to help them make the guild. Afterwards they would either leave or be kicked by the founder of the new guild.

Posted by: eviltwink.3914

eviltwink.3914

All i see people arguing is, making the change from minimum 3 players to 2 players, is going to make all hell break loose. And the PVP argument that 3 players in PVP was recognized as a guild team is simply because guild was majority. If it was 10 players then it would have been if 6 players it is a Guild party. If you go by this logic, you are not a guild in WvW unless you have a majority of the players on the map.

Can we just agree to disagree? Anet made something possible in GW1, and GW2, that was small guilds 1 or 2 people. With HoT they took this away, with the benefits that came with the guilds we already had. Its a kittenty move, I’m happy you guys are in a big guild, that does not make this any less frustrating for us who are not in a big guild. Stop acting like your playstyle is the only valid, cause it’s not.

I don’t stand at the top of stairs laughing at crippled people cause they can’t do what I can.

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

If a player can handle upgrading a guild all by himself, then there is no reason to take that away from him… I don’t care if it is a glorified party, they could manage it before and now they can’t, the expansion has essentially wasted all their time and effort. They already said it right, it should be “recommended” for 3 players, not a forced requirement.

(edited by Atharian.7092)

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

If a player can handle upgrading a guild all by himself, then there is no reason to take that away from him… I don’t care if it is a glorified party, they could manage it before and now they can’t, the expansion has essentially wasted all their time and effort. They already said it right, it should be “recommended” for 3 players, not a forced requirement.

If I think I can handle our SPvP daily, as the only one who cares about SPvP in my small 5 man group, then by god, let me. Its not going to cost you something to let me try.

Totally, yes, why should we be excluded.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Thrutian.7931

Thrutian.7931

To be honest it sounds like what most of you really want is Player Housing. I also want this.

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Can I ask to all you solo/duo ‘guildposers’ why you even want a guild to begin with? A guild is all about people and you guys don’t want to have none of it… Sound like a vegan complaining about not getting a hunting riffle.

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I used to enjoy my own guild, to represent when my main WvW guilds weren’t raiding. I gained influence and ran upgrades to make banners and guild siege to use.

I do not have permissions to do that in the WvW guilds I’m in.

I’m not sure why that’s so hard for people to understand those of us that want to be able to have our own guild halls.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Oh my god this is one of the most ridiculous complaint threads I’ve ever seen. You expect the game to cater to your dreams of a one-man guild with his own entire hall?

Posted by: Tvhatic.4893

Tvhatic.4893

I also politely request the removal of the “required number of players” to earn favor and claim a guild hall. Please do not make the content easier, but let us try.
To all the haters… Why do you care how other people enjoy playing this game? Word definitions have little meaning in a fantasy game with magic and dragons….

Posted by: Boingo.5264

Boingo.5264

I’m in a three-person guild. It’s the wife, brother-in-law and me. To tell you the truth, I could care less about not being able to have a guild hall. What upsets me, is that there are things that my little guild could do a few days ago, that we can no longer do today without a hall. So we’ve just paid for an expansion which effectively removed guild-based abilities we’d had for YEARS. I’m fine with creating a bunch of cool new stuff for guilds who have the numbers to earn a hall… but taking away the old stuff from everyone else, stuff we’ve enjoyed for a long time now and gating that behind achieving a guild hall, just sucks.

Posted by: XatraZaytrax.2601

XatraZaytrax.2601

I really could care less about getting a guild hall. It would be fun, but it’s not necessary. What I want is what i spent three years earning. The ability to makes seige, the ability to make flags, etc. I’m not asking for them to give me something special. I am asking for what they TOOK FROM ME. I am not asking them the cater to me. I am asking for WHAT I EARNED.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

This guy…

You want content that was made for groups of 10-500 people, to be changed and accommodated to fit your player housing prospect?

Hey man, I hate to break it to you, your in the wrong line of game. Your asking to remove the MMO out of MMORPG and that just isn’t gonna happen.

And before the obligatory “well I’ll just go find another game then and see how you like the loss of money!”, business-wise, even if there was an even number of guilds that were 3 players+ and under 3 player, you wouldn’t even make a dent in profit. So go ahead, honestly I encourage you to find an single player RPG and if you feel it lacks community, then join a forum of said RPG. Enjoy.

Dude learn to read, I didn’t ask for solo content, I said it needs restrictions lifted, I don’t give a rats kitten if I fail trying to earn my own guild hall I just want the option to try to be mine and not come down to a minimum 3 people bull kitten

Even if this restriction was removed, you would never get your guild hall solo or with a friend. Ever. Its a timed event, in a huge space. You need to be able to split up to deal with hordes of mobs and hit specific areas, and then kill a legendary boss.

And what would happen if the restriction was removed? You’d be here complaining the same thing “its impossible to get to event and event with my two person guild! So unfair!”

So no, either expand the guild, or join a bigger one.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Can I ask to all you solo/duo ‘guildposers’ why you even want a guild to begin with?

1) To ward off guild invites (still have that at least)
2) Guild Weapons/Armour skins (still have the commendation-locked weapons I’ve never gotten. :-/)
3) Extra storage (thankfully I had already unlocked the lowest tier of this at least)
4) Access to and ability to decorate the new maps*.

*Before you say, “You want player housing,” yes; I do. However the existing maps don’t make sense for that and I expect something smaller in scale will be offered for that (if anything ever is), yet I still want access to play around on these particular maps.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

I don’t like the fact that the Scribe, which is required to craft pre-cursors from what I understand, it locked in the Guild Hall.

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

More and more after this Expansion, threads like these are made, and More and MORE I just want to smash my head against a brick wall.

3 to 5 people shouldn’t be hard to get, recruit people who prefer small/well organized guilds and there you go, not so hard right?

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

We took our guild hall last night. We had at least 100 guild members and it was incredible – not particularly easy, but not impossible with some basic organization.

The thing is, the guild hall is very basic before you upgrade it and the upgrades are extremely resource intensive. Even with a lot of wealthy players, you feel the cost.

Posted by: ClutchPlay.4596

ClutchPlay.4596

guild
?ild/
noun
a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.
synonyms: association, society, union, league, organization, company, cooperative, fellowship, club, order, lodge, brotherhood, fraternity, sisterhood, sorority
“the copper craftsmen have formed a guild”

Everything about the word “guild” and what it entails revolves around multiple people. Sorry that you don’t enjoy playing with others players but there are single player games for that. This is a Massive Multiplayer Online game. You knew what you were getting into when you bought it, not sure what ground you have to stand on here.

Posted by: ClutchPlay.4596

ClutchPlay.4596

guild
?ild/
noun
a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
synonyms: association, society, union, league, organization, company, cooperative, fellowship, club, order, lodge, brotherhood, fraternity, sisterhood, sorority

Everything about the word “guild” and what it entails revolves around multiple people. Sorry that you don’t enjoy playing with others players but there are single player games for that. This is a Massive Multiplayer Online game. You knew what you were getting into when you bought it, not sure what ground you have to stand on here.

To further add to this; I run a guild with three other friends. I went to the area at which you obtain the guild hall, and grouped up with another guild. In a combined effort, we helped each other obtain one another’s guild halls. This is what the MMO experience is about. If you don’t want to do that, the MMO genre isn’t for you.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Sometimes you do not always get what you want. Can’t make everyone happy, cause there always been someone who dislike it. You have to just go with it and adapt. Sure you can complain and be upset, but you should not get angry over it, or except everything to just change too.
I say this as a 2 person guild my self, we will adapt and figure it out later, either by getting help or dealing with it.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

(sigh) this is not an argument. You need 3 people….3!

By the way, you are not a ‘guild’, you’re just a dude playing the game that bought a title and logo.

Three…sheesh.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I’ve been a solo player for years, I’ve made and paid for my own guild to reach level 5 via buying commendations with in game gold and now with the release of HOT I just found out I need to find some players to grind favor so I can try obtain my own guild hall? I don’t enjoy trying to coordinate playing the game with friends to achieve something. I don’t want to join another guild. Why the F do I need a minimal of 3 people to gain favor? I was planning on trying to solo clear out my own hall but now I find out I need Favor just to freaken attempt to obtain a guild? WTF? What happened to big and small guilds can obtain their own Hall? Can you please sort this Anet because a fair percentage of your player base prefer to solo regularly.

Solo player complaining about GUILD Halls. Good troll.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Schappler.1082

Schappler.1082

The main point is: we play a game for fun. We should not be enforced to do what we dont want to get / have access to anything.

When ANet set tons of lockouts for small guids / solo players on this matter, they are removing the enjoyment and fun those group of players have.

The game is for fun, not a job. Once a PVEr player are enforced to PvP or WvW to get something from the game, it’s turns out to that person a " job" (an obligation of HAVE TO). The same goes when a PvPr (in a opposite analogy) is enforced to do PvE.

Where is the fun and enjoyment the game had offered to all players before HoT when they enforce players to do something or lock them up with some insane lockouts.

Solo players / small guilds ALSO have the rights to enjoy Guild Halls. It’s part of the game, not part of a “large guild” only.

I remind perfectly that Anet mentioned that the Guild Halls would be something to give even small guilds some respect around the ingame world. Where is the respect to the small guilds when they can’ t get it?

Teofa Tsavo.9863

guild
?ild/
noun

And often those guild members worked individually, or as Master/apprentice in small shops. The Copper Craftsmen did not form 20 member teams to build a Teakettle.

Also, when I formed my Guild years ago, there was 0 indication a minimum group of players would be mandatory, nor had that been the case in GW1. How, pray tell, did I “know” what this expansion would bring? I do know when I bought the Game we were assured we could play Solo and were encouraged to.

The old system catered to a wide range. In the old system, there were upgrades, awards, missions already tied to group activity. A 1-2 member guild could do only a certain amount of upgrading. How was this so heinous? Banners, buffs, siege. Things that were shared with the “community”. In the old system I never saw anyone asking for a solo guild being able to do the group missions. I certainly did not ask for that.

So now, I don’t have what I DID have.. earned honestly, by the rules and restrictions of the core game, and it is gated behind a pay wall. I would not approve of anything earned being taken from anyone and put behind a pay wall. To my surprise, a lot of you think that is just peachy, so peachy that you feel fine about namecalling and armchair lecturing those it happened to. So happy to pull out the M in MMO dead horse and flog it self righteously, wreathed in your smug superiority over soloist trash.

I’m so sorry that my small, community geared upgrades ruined so much of your game that some of you feel the need to be so vindictive and supportive of earned features being taken away from others. It cements my opinion that a significant part of this so called “community” is one of the worst I have seen in 14 years of MMO gaming.

Schappler.1082

(…) when I formed my Guild years ago, there was 0 indication a minimum group of players would be mandatory(…). How, play tell, did I “know” what this expansion would bring?

In complement of what you said, Teofa: No one knew about all those lockouts / obstacles for small guilds / solo players.

As i mentioned on my post, ANet said that the guild implements would be accessible even to small guilds, so they could earn their respect in game. Where is the respect those guilds will have when they are lockedout / unable to access some stuff or even force a full PvE guild to do PvP and full PvP guilds to do PvE? I see none. DO YOU?

I do know when I bought the Game we were assured we could play Solo and were encouraged to.

Proof of that: we were encouraged to the point where ALL the main arc (green quests / personal history) is done solo and some professions can even solo champions easily.

The old system catered to a wide range. In the old system, there were upgrades, awards, missions already tied to group activity. A 1-2 member guild could do only a certain amount of upgrading. How was this so heinous? Banners, buffs, siege. Things that were shared with the “community”. In the old system I never saw anyone asking for a solo guild being able to do the group missions. I certainly did not ask for that.

So now, I don’t have what I DID have.. earned honestly, by the rules and restrictions of the core game, and it is gated behind a pay wall. I would not approve of anything earned being taken from anyone and put behind a pay wall. To my surprise, a lot of you think that is just peachy, so peachy that you feel fine about namecalling and armchair lecturing those it happened to.

I’m so sorry that my small, community geared upgrades ruined so much of your game that some of you feel the need to be so vindictive and supportive of features being taken away. It cements my opinion that a significant part of this so called “community” is one of the worst I have seen in 14 years of MMO gaming.

For the rest, all of the above.

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Wait… OP is upset that they can’t get certain Guild benefits solo?

They’re Guild benefits. The idea of a Guild is kind of defeated when it’s just you. That’s not a guild. That’s a crazy person running around with a banner.

Schappler.1082

Neilos, solo players / small guilds ALSO have the rights to enjoy Guild Halls. It’s part of the game, not part of a “large guild” only.

We assume that even a solo player IS A GUILD (of himself), once this solo player can make a guild for his own. Remember: there is no retrictions to create any guilds.

That is the point.

(edited by Schappler.1082)