GUILD HALLS, unobtainable

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

All i see people arguing is, making the change from minimum 3 players to 2 players, is going to make all hell break loose. And the PVP argument that 3 players in PVP was recognized as a guild team is simply because guild was majority. If it was 10 players then it would have been if 6 players it is a Guild party. If you go by this logic, you are not a guild in WvW unless you have a majority of the players on the map.

Can we just agree to disagree? Anet made something possible in GW1, and GW2, that was small guilds 1 or 2 people. With HoT they took this away, with the benefits that came with the guilds we already had. Its a kittenty move, I’m happy you guys are in a big guild, that does not make this any less frustrating for us who are not in a big guild. Stop acting like your playstyle is the only valid, cause it’s not.

I don’t stand at the top of stairs laughing at crippled people cause they can’t do what I can.

That’s not logic, that’s a pattern.

It might be true that is consider a majority rule approach. But, it also can be true that the minimum 3 to be considered as guild is exactly because of PvP. Afterall, we now have this thing called PvP guild missions. Otherwise, why is it 3 and not 5? There must be a reason for the number 3.

A solo or duo guild can never do PvP guild missions. Can it do WvW missions then, nope, the magical number 3. Well, to begin with, the arguements are started because of the magical number 3 which are specifically for PvP and WvW.

How about PvE missions then, we do not know what are the PvE missions but based on past PvE missions, can those missions be done by solo and duo? Guild trek is possible and only guild trek. So let say if guild trek still exist and it is possible to be done through solo and duo but since the missions are randomised, are you going to demand anet for exception and make your kind of guild to have that specific mission?

Let say you are happy that you get to do certain mission, even if it is not every week. You will still complain about guild hall because the guild hall require X people. Or are you going to be like the rest said, give it up when you realize you can’t solo/duo the guild hall or are you going to again demand anet to nerf the guild hall to make it possible to solo and duo guild?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: eviltwink.3914

eviltwink.3914

I guess some people here seems to lack basic reading skills..

We are not complaining that we can’t get a guild hall, we complain about the fact that PRE-HOT we were able to get banners, guild catas, buffs etc. After we bought hot, everything we used to have was tied into the guild hall, scribe functionality. Which makes it inaccessible to us, even though we have already used it for 3 years.

Its not about making new content available, its about not taking away OLD content.

Writing in caps for those who can’t seem to get the point, here it is:
THERE IS NOTHING NEW ABOUT THIS CONTENT, ITS JUST REMOVED FOR >3 PERSON GUILDS…..

SkyShroud.2865

I read it as it is. You are complaining not because it is was taken away, those are not removed from the game. You are complaining that you couldn’t get them as easily as you want, not as easy as before. That is what you are complaining about.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

eviltwink.3914

SkyShroud.2865 …. seriously?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

No kidding. Now he is telling us what we supposedly think.

As an aside, I can’t recall a single instance of anyone objecting to my Banners and Buffs while ranting about them not being from a REAL GUILD.

“BEFOULER, TEMPT ME NOT WITH YOUR ILL GOTTEN BUFFS”

No.. not once. Guess it was fine when they were getting something from my solo trash guild.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

eviltwink.3914

I give up tbh. Some people just don’t get it. I can easily pay people to get a guild hall, but I can’t keep paying people to do a weekly event with me every week just to get what I used to get solo / duo the previous 3 years. and since launch in GW1.

Why fight for breaking smaller guilds when it don’t affect you the slightest? Its just being a kitten cause it dont affect you… Hope they nerf something you care about so i can troll you back…

Posted by: sasukeboy.8492

sasukeboy.8492

I’m just feel so bad for the solo players, u guys play for 3 yrs build a guild on ur own, I think also that lots of u have the most upgrades done in the guild before HoT came out. And now HoT Presents Guild Hall, but as a solo player it’s hard to get it alone, and to upgrade the Guild Hall u need 3person at least in the guild, before HoT ur “guild” don’t need any people to upgrade. So yeah those people are “screwed”.
Tbh 45€ for the expansion, what u get new maps to play in yeah cool, new specs(long way to master it but oki) but a guild hall, why they don’t do it like give everyone/ guild acces to their guild hall ( actually the guild what that person or guild has already and most of them more then yrs ) by spending 100gold and 150 IP?

[RiOT] The Civil Rebels
Elementalist

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Artificially restricting a content by a number of players makes no sense. It simply excludes guilds that could achieve some guild missions by being only two, yet cannot because they’re not three.

Stating that guild missions should not be performed with less than three people is the same as stating that dungeon instances should not be run by less than five people. As a matter of fact, you can run many instances solo or duo, and get a different kind of fun than when you run them in a group of five.

Guild missions should not be tailored to be soloable. If some are, then let the happy solo’ers / duo’ers do them. If some aren’t, then too bad for them. It’s the same as dungeon instances.

Also, I don’t get why some people want to remove interesting content from players not belonging to a large enough guild. Unless they consider that belonging to a guild is more a pain than a joy, and that the content restriction is somehow a reward of their commitment?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I give up tbh. Some people just don’t get it. I can easily pay people to get a guild hall, but I can’t keep paying people to do a weekly event with me every week just to get what I used to get solo / duo the previous 3 years. and since launch in GW1.

Why fight for breaking smaller guilds when it don’t affect you the slightest? Its just being a kitten cause it dont affect you… Hope they nerf something you care about so i can troll you back…

They are telling Anet it is fine to take earned content away and paywall/gate it. Karma. I’ll laugh when it is something that matters to them.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

when did we jumped from arguing if 5 people are good enought to name it a guild to arguing why single player cannot access all guild features all by himself?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Schappler.1082

Schappler.1082

@SkyShroud: Let’s see this way.

Which incentive new players will have to create a new guild with all those “obstacles” to level up a guild? You can’t get anything to give your guildies buffs like it happened before HoT. Which incentive new players will have to play the game and achive “the dream” to have their personal achivements in game with all those lockouts the new guild system imposes?

I was already part of a guild in other MMOs. I HATED IT and since then I PLAY SOLO. When I started to play Guild Wars 2 and it gave me the mobility to play solo, have my guild for my self and my friends – at this moment my guild sits on me and my girlfriend: i expected some friends to follow me, but none of them came to play GW2 – (instead of having to earn / make random people trust on me like it goes on all others MMOs) and it was taken from me with no previous annoucement (note: AT NO TIME ANet INFORMED THAT THOSE GUILD MODIFICATIONS WOULD MAKE THE GUILD STUFF HARD FOR SOLO PLAYERS / SMALL GUIDS A LOCKOUT – they made it clear all the time that those modifications were to give the small guilds the chance for them to earn their respect amont Tyria. We knew the changes: the removal of some features, the addons. We never had any details on how it would affect the guild leveling this extremely until HoT was up).

Those lockouts, impediments, removes the joyfull players like me (and players with small guilds) in keep playing the game – something we paid for (on my case) TWICE. Those lockouts remove the expectations of new players to achive something bigger, when all those impediments are set suddenly, from one day to another.

Want to set that sort of changes? OK, but do it on stages, with detailed information on how they will change the gameplay and which consquences it would bring.

I can give an example to games that follow this “course of action”. Aion is dead now for the simple reason they made lots of abrupt changes in a short time with no detailded information on it. Players disliked those changes. Players left the game. Game is dead. Right now, only the old players which are there from the begin remain playing Aion, but barely active.

I really dont wanna this to be the future of GW2.

The game new features are rigths for everyeone (at least everyone who paid for the the expac to have access to them).

Everyone has rights to get buffs from guild banners, everyone has rights to chose what they wanna do and how they wanna do – lets remember the game GAVE US THIS CHOICE ONCE BEFORE HoT (and ANet is removing it suddenly) – instead of being forced to do whatever we dont want to and lose the joyfull in playing the game.

I don’t care to what other people say or think. This is my opinion.

In a simple matter of definition of the game, when you allow a single player to make a guild, HE IS THE GUILD HIMSELF and so he has the rights to enjoy all the contents, to use all the guild system has to offer. The dictionary definition of a guild does not apply here, a game that allows you to make one and / or allows you to rise it alone. A guild here can be ONE, TWO, 200 members. It does not matter. They all are guilds (of different sizes). They all have the same rights – buffs, earn / give guild experience, being able to complete guild missions, being able to have their guild hall, being able to leanr the scribber craft, are a few i can enumerate.

Before HoT, we could rise a guild alone. Did it take time, yeah it did, but it was possible. Now this possibility was simply taken from us and as eviltwink said:

Writing in caps for those who can’t seem to get the point, here it is:
THERE IS NOTHING NEW ABOUT THIS CONTENT, ITS JUST REMOVED FOR >3 PERSON GUILDS…..

In other words: if one player is required to create a guild (and can rise that alone), one player should be enough to do guild missions and some basic feautores should really be less expensive / unlocked out. (this is my personal opinion again).

(edited by Schappler.1082)

Posted by: Agricola.2817

Agricola.2817

I`m more annoyed that I can no longer build guild siege. I really don`t give a kitten about the hall but why the hell did anet take the ability to make siege away from me and my guild? We worked hard to build the influence to get the upgrades to help out our server in WvW and I was not expecting them to take it away from us.

FC- TCCP

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Personal Guilds were a perfectly viable emergent gameplay to somewhat counter AhrrnaNets broken promise on a viable personal instance.
Which everybody knows actually means, PLAYER HOUSING!

After 3 years they barely managed to introduce viable guild gameplay in a game called GUILD WARS, but chose to almost entirely eradicate “player housing” in the process.
Just leaving us with bare bones access to our banks and guild armors/weapons.

The honest thing to do now would be to announce plans for a proper personal instance revamp, but of course we all know that will hardly happen as it requires quite a bit of work and money, which is better allocated to create new gems store cosmetics.
When you believe the beancounters.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I have to say it’s a little silly for a self titled solo player to expect to have a guild hall. No one else finds that ridiculous?

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Schappler.1082

No. It’s not. Simple reason? Scribe craft. That is reason enough a solo player want to have his Guild Hall.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

If at all possible, it’d be nice to not have minimum requirements if the player is willing to do the work.

There’s lots and lots of solo and small-2-man guilds who are the backbone of WvW and not being able to add buffs to objectives is a bit dismaying, since they were the ones who religiously maintained them prior to the new restrictions.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

SkyShroud.2865

@Schappler.1082

It has proven in many MMOs that even if game tried to stop players from creating guild of their own. Players will find ways to exploit and create a guild of their own, even complain if have to but usually complain doesn’t work unless is about bugs that are not intended.

So, let say if guild creation is increase to 3 minimum. Like one of the complainer in this thread mentioned, he got random strangers to help him register his guild in other game. Is it a effective deterrence? Not really. Another poster also mentioned that anet intention might be allowing that one person to create a guild in name so he or she can have a easier time to recruit people which I have mentioned a couple of post earlier.

However, the fact that one person can create a guild never change. They simply made it clear that one person cannot progress a guild unless they go to the extra miles of hiring mercenaries. Did they stop solo or duo from progressing? Not really, they can still progress if they go through the extra mile of hiring mercenaries to do so. Like some of the complainers that kept saying that they earn them. I think they should continue doing so, earn it. Unfortunately, one complainer even admit that he complain that he do not want to do so because I want to save golds. It actually fit to my descriptions that he complains about difficulty and not actually being not able to obtain them.

BTW, my guild is a large guild, not the largest because I know guilds that are larger than mine but considered large since we managed to cause the guild hall expedition server map to crash with our numbers. One thing for sure is that anet never design contents for large guilds because the large guilds are actually the minority type of guilds. There are way more small and medium sized guilds than large guilds and all the guild contents are designed base on those numbers. The fact they even put a limit on some guild stuffs also mean they are restricting the large guilds from moving too fast ahead. All the large guilds never complain about that, is fair, honestly. That also means that solo and duo guilds are the minority type of guild as well since contents are not designed for them.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Schappler.1082

@SkyShroud

I understand what you said. But all that does not change the fact that i pad for the game twice. My girlfriend paid for it twice also and we play casualy. But the fact we bought the game gives us the same rights that all other players that payed for it twice.

So we should be able to in DUO achieve what we were waiting for when we read the news about the Guild Halls, without having to pay for anyone to do that for us (the so named mercenaries), because we ALREADY PAID for it with real money (buy buying the game and the expansion).

Casual gamers would not afford mercenaries for it and people like me and my girlfriend like to do stuff ourselves, like to explore and now we see ourselves with the “Anet” retrictions wall which can’t be broken and it’s so well sustained by the “Large guilds” because it does not affect them at all.

The game is for everyone, so everyone who paid for it have the same right. No one should be affected that hard for being solo / duo guilding with partner or a friend.

How do you think Large guilds would be complaning about anything that messed with them? On the same people like me are. We just paid for a product we dont have. Simple as that.

(edited by Schappler.1082)

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

One thing this may have leaned toward, Troll guilds in WvW. You can no longer claim and not put any buffs or whatever. The banners and +5 is whole other issue.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: mower.3740

mower.3740

Personally I breathed a sigh of relief that 2 people can no longer get the benefits I do from occasionally logging into my zerg guild. The tyranny of some peasant putting +5 on a supply camp or dropping guild catas is over. Where do these tiny serf guilds get such an entitlement complex they should be able to use upgrades they bought. Guildposer scum.

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

ok not going to read this whole thread right now but I just want to toss this out there. for 10 gold each me and as many friends as it takes will join your guilds help you get your halls and then leave you to enjoy it.