GW2 compared to other MMOs..

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Veadozi.5237

Veadozi.5237

Q:

Okay, I wanted to create this post because of what I have found playing GW2 compared to other MMOs such as WoW, Terra, SWTOR, Rift Etc. Those are some of the most popular MMOs on the market right now. I have to say after playing most of those MMOs including WoW some for over 10 years, none of them have what GW2 offers. There are areas I think GW2 could really shine even more, such as PvP refinement and so on.

But in all I have never been as satisfied playing an online MMO as I have with GW2. I recently started playing GW2 toward the end of 2015 looking for alternitaves to WoW and other popular games. I started researching GW2 thieves. In WoW I play a very high ranked Rogue and was looking for a cloaking play style. I was a bit skeptical with thieves when I first started playing but once I opened up to the play style and the options I was stunned at the system arena net has created. The amount of depth and game play you can create is almost limitless.

If your skill level is up there you can play with almost any build your class has to offer. And that hooked me. The ability to adjust to your surroundings and play in PvP is unrivaled in my opinion. I feel free when I am playing this game to make my own rules when it comes to my fight style and that is something I love when playing an MMO. Please never change this system Arena net! Enhance it and create more options! You have something amazing here and I am glad I took the time to dig into it. The only request I have on the PvP side is the ability to duel! Haha I now. But it would just be so much fun! Or have an open world arena area that players can go to fight one on one with other players waiting for their time to come in and fight!

Who knows maybe even make a small arena area that you can win special pets or gear or xmute stuff for winning a certain amount of matches against other real players. But having the ability to go head to head one on one I think would be extremely fun for anyone wanting to hone their pvp skills! Ohh and please add more PvP maps/areas and objective based pvp maps to PvP! You will gain an unbelievable amount of players if you do!

Just refine and bring more ooomph to PvP and you will match or surpass the coverage of WoW the leader in MMOs right now. I love the maps you have created and the play styles! It is so rewarding and fun to play! Fractals and all that are on another level! I can not tell you how much fun i have been having doing fractals! Keep those amazing and creative fractals coming!

I love the amount of depth and teamwork it takes to complete those! Having to accomplish 3-4 things all at once or kiting a boss. I have never had more fun In PvE in my life! Over all this game Is a 5 star game in my book Bravo Arena Net for the amazing world you have created!

Feel free to chime in on your thoughts about GW2 why you love your class and some thoughts about GW2 versus other MMOs!

PS:
It is glitched out and will not let me deselect Q/A sorry for that guys.

(edited by Veadozi.5237)

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

I have to agree. GW2 (PvE) is well designed to enable, for the first time for me, not make you go “oh crap” when others are near you – there are no contested resources or mobs, so folks fighting at your side are welcome.

The lack of focus on gear grind or maxxing level to play specific content (I’m talking vs other games that require you to be a certain level to access an expansion or whatnot), or having a specific, new gear to be able to play in certain areas, is a welcome one.

On top of that, nearly everything in-game is accessible to ALL players, not just raiders. Especially story! That’s a huge change, and as someone who has always cared a great deal about MMO storylines, a welcome one.

Lastly, mad props must be given for an economy stable enough that you can leave the game for a year or more and return still having valuable goods and a reasonable wealth! Name another game where this is true!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I have recently been looking for a “backburner” game I could recharge my batteries with if I ever found myself if a rut. My initial standards were pretty loose: a world (ie, I had to actually see other people) with a fantasy setting preferred and no subscription fee (BTP preferred since many FTP ones are bleah). GW2 was the only game I could find that met both (since in WOW you are severely limited if you do not subscribe). Some other games I eliminated may actually meet the criteria, I would need to playtest them, but then they go against more stringent criteria, including designed for everything from casuals to hardcores.

(edited by Menadena.7482)