Getting Bored.

Getting Bored.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

2 months later and I’ve seen everything the xpac had to offer.

Me too (mostly). But that is expected from an xpac.

Now I’m back to grinding the same stuff over and over for cosmetics, like the good old times.

From the new content of an xpac you normally get around 20-60 hours of playtime before it becomes repetitive.

Getting Bored.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

You couldn’t take henchmen into end game content. They weren’t allowed in Underworld or Fissure of Woe. It was players or go home.

Heroes changed all of this, tho.

They didn’t. You could only take 3 heroes into the end game areas for the longest time. And I’m relatively certain most people can’t run DOA with three heroes. Or Slavers.

If one person in a thousand could, I’d be quite surprised.

i did o/

i finished every dungeon/ elite missions in gw1 with heroes/hench except for the underworld, because i just couldn’t do the horsemen.

then one day, JOY! i did the horsemen, only to then fail on the bit in the ice wastes with the fire-happy spiders

my soul died and i never tried again QQ.

You finished DOA and Slavers with only 3 heroes and no henchmen?

I think slavers you could take henchmen. The GWEN henchies wernt that bad.

And I’m sure someone was “soloing” DOA with 3 hero’s with a special farming build.

Definitely…. my old guild leader used to farm doa with heroes all the time.

All a pointless debate as now it’s 7 hero cap.

This.

…also “soloing” never meant being with heroes or henchmen, imho.

That was you by yourself.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Getting Bored.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I know the feeling, as I mostly do open world stuff when playing this game. You’d think that the variety of HoT would be great for someone like me, but honestly, I think I’d take doing SW repeatedly, over doing these hour-long campaigns every single time and squinting at LFG through a disorganized swarm trying to find maps of people doing events. And timing is everything now, with HoT content, so if I’m not on at the right time, I might have to wait and twiddle my thumbs.

SW is also way more appealing to my organizational sensibilities, given its low number of different bag drops. With HoT maps (even a single map) I’m constantly in maintenance mode, trying to keep abreast of the billion different bags clogging up my inventory.

Tbh, if SW gave HoT mastery XP, I would probably just stick to SW. Some aspects of the new content are great for me, but others just feel like a downgrade to what I was already doing.

Or words to that effect.

Getting Bored.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You couldn’t take henchmen into end game content. They weren’t allowed in Underworld or Fissure of Woe. It was players or go home.

Heroes changed all of this, tho.

They didn’t. You could only take 3 heroes into the end game areas for the longest time. And I’m relatively certain most people can’t run DOA with three heroes. Or Slavers.

If one person in a thousand could, I’d be quite surprised.

i did o/

i finished every dungeon/ elite missions in gw1 with heroes/hench except for the underworld, because i just couldn’t do the horsemen.

then one day, JOY! i did the horsemen, only to then fail on the bit in the ice wastes with the fire-happy spiders

my soul died and i never tried again QQ.

You finished DOA and Slavers with only 3 heroes and no henchmen?

I think slavers you could take henchmen. The GWEN henchies wernt that bad.

And I’m sure someone was “soloing” DOA with 3 hero’s with a special farming build.

All a pointless debate as now it’s 7 hero cap.

It’s not really a pointless debate. It was only changed to 7 heroes at the end of the game’s life cycle. That is to say, they did it because Guild Wars 2’s release was imminent and the game wasn’t being supported after that. There would be no new content and there’d be no reason to believe that people would be able to get a party.

So when Prophecies launched, there were no heroes, when Factions launched, there were no heroes. Nightfall was the first time anyone could use heroes at all, and of course Eye of the North offered heroes as well, but until the game was being abandoned they didn’t allow you to take 7 heroes in there, at a point in time when most players were done with the game.

And Guild Wars 2 wasn’t an MMO anyway. It was a competitive RPG. Everything was instanced. No one could come to your aid if you didn’t bring someone with you. It’s not like a hero point in HoT where you can use map chat to get people over. If you didn’t have people in your party, you absolutely had no help in the “open world”, which Guild Wars didn’t have.

This conversation is about the ability to solo end game content. While the game was live, for the first couple of years, you really did have to group up for end game content, because there was no way to do it with heroes.

If they later made changes when they were putting the game on automatic, I don’t really see how that applies to this conversation.

Getting Bored.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Wow… I was one of the people who always complained about lack of stuff to do, and rewards, but now I just CAN’T decide what to do! So many achievements, items, titles, and there are raids and Wintersday, and I crafted Nightfury yesterday, now there’s Winter’s Presence… I am honestly overwhelmed, how can people complain about these stuff? Maybe it’s because I have a fulltime job so I can’t stay on the computer the whole day, but even so I still have so many things to do in the game. I think the game’s over for you, or it doesn’t suit your needs (anymore?).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Getting Bored.

Posted by: Animism.6849

Animism.6849

Wow… I was one of the people who always complained about lack of stuff to do, and rewards, but now I just CAN’T decide what to do! So many achievements, items, titles, and there are raids and Wintersday, and I crafted Nightfury yesterday, now there’s Winter’s Presence… I am honestly overwhelmed, how can people complain about these stuff? Maybe it’s because I have a fulltime job so I can’t stay on the computer the whole day, but even so I still have so many things to do in the game. I think the game’s over for you, or it doesn’t suit your needs (anymore?).

As we speak I’m re-downloading the original Guild Wars. The story is just so much better, soundtracks really fit the environment. I must say I don’t find the things you mentioned to be fun things to do.

Getting Bored.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

As we speak I’m re-downloading the original Guild Wars. The story is just so much better, soundtracks really fit the environment. I must say I don’t find the things you mentioned to be fun things to do.

To be honest, I found myself playing a lot more Guild Wars 1 these last couple of weeks.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Getting Bored.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Playing the same content for 3 years and then complains about being bored with new content? Seems legit.

Getting Bored.

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

Playing the same content for 3 years and then complains about being bored with new content? Seems legit.

Are you not familiar with the concept of relativity?

Getting Bored.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Quality of the implementation of the new content may have something to do with it. The majority of repeatable HoT content is not suitable for the client-server model used for the game, and everything suffers because of that. And that’s me being nice about it.

Getting Bored.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Quality of the implementation of the new content may have something to do with it. The majority of repeatable HoT content is not suitable for the client-server model used for the game, and everything suffers because of that. And that’s me being nice about it.

If I had to pick one thing ANet could have done better (a hard task, I could list a dozen without pausing to think) it would have been either better architecture for the content model or a different content model that better fits the architecture they chose. Fwiw, Silverwastes is the parent of HoT, and SW did it better. The whole taxi thing was still necessary, but one could drop in to the meta along the way a lot easier and get satisfaction in both contribution and reward.