Getting Guild Halls too Hard

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Guild Halls are not intended to be gotten by guilds of fewer than 5. This is something ANet was upfront about.

Basically, if you can’t fill a party of just guild members, you’re not really a guild.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Some player find other player that will help by join guild temporary to do this part. Also bad news. If you get guild hall with 2 player guild not much can do with it after. Upgrade cost very high and hard for 2 people to do. So just have big empty place for 2 player to stand in.

;)

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Some player find other player that will help by join guild temporary to do this part. Also bad news. If you get guild hall with 2 player guild not much can do with it after. Upgrade cost very high and hard for 2 people to do. So just have big empty place for 2 player to stand in.

Lol, we took the Lost Precipice. I enjoy standing in there listening to the wind.

OP, the LFG system has helped a lot. Try advertising.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I know the guild halls are supposed to be an adventure, but if we have to spend 100 gold why do we have to fight such difficult enemies to get it? I am in a guild of 2 people, which we consider fine, we like just having family in the guild, but we cannot get the guild hall because the enemies are too difficult for 2 people. I would love if there was a way around defeating the Mordrem to get the hall, such as paying extra. Just my thoughts on the subject because it is frustrating after 30 tries and failures.

Do not feel bad, we managed to get it with 10 people… (Anything over 8 people and more enemies spawn) So use some other players who have already done the Guild Hall to help. If you use 8 players it should only spawn 1 breacher at a time.

Also, you will NEVER be able to upgrade stuff because of the ungodly amount of items required… It really is unfair to small WvW guilds who want to WvW but are being forced to PvE constantly to “TRY” and upgrade stuff to get War Room.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

You can claim it with 5 people easily, just find 3 more pugs to help you to claim it, you don’t even have to invite them to the guild, they can enter your instance as long they are in your party.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

Also, you will NEVER be able to upgrade stuff because of the ungodly amount of items required… It really is unfair to small WvW guilds who want to WvW but are being forced to PvE constantly to “TRY” and upgrade stuff to get War Room.

I guess that’s what they meant when they said that wvw players were really into pve.

#rip+5

RoF

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Even if you can capture guild hall with couple strangers, you have just spent 100g on a completely empty area that has absolutely nothing. Why you want just to throw your money away?

Guild hall itself is useless, you need to upgrade it, which is much more costly.

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Out of interest, do they need to have HoT to be in that instance/run the quest to get it?

i.e. there are 6 of us in a guild. 3 have HoT and 3 do not. Can we all run the instance or only those with HoT?

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

If you are a small wvw guild, just forget about ever having a decent guild hall or a War Room or a scribe of sufficient level (guess what? they might leave after you boost them, then what?), then you don’t have to do quite so much pve.

You will no longer be able to function as well as a wvw guild, but Anet don’t care.

Posted by: Triangulator.2867

Triangulator.2867

The upgrades and cost of the expedition is fine. You lack strong leadership, team work and the skill necessary to take back your hall. If you like your guild of 2, work on your builds, level up your masteries and come up with a plan that will see you through to success.

If you cannot claim your guild hall. You won’t be able to see through any upgrades. The system is fine as it is. Work harder for what you want or give up, asking for freebies is unbecoming.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I think it’s fairly clear the guild system is fundamentally flawed at the moment. And I am sure the people at Anet realise this problem.

It’s fine having guild functionality that focuses on larger guilds, and for what that is currently it is okay. It’s another thing entirely have that as the only functionality in game regarding guilds.

Guilds come in many forms and sizes, and the smart MMO developers realise this and cater to all these in game. Not just one type which unfortunately is the current state right now in Guild Wars 2.

I believe it’s wrong for small guilds to expect to have access to what larger guilds have achieved through their teamwork and commitment. It is right though to expect some sort of functionality and effort/reward system to be put in place in game that is reasonably able to be acquired for smaller guilds (i.e. 5-10 players). After all, there are a lot more smaller guilds out there than there are larger guilds.

The most disappointing thing in all this is that the old guild system in the game accommodated a much wider scope of guilds and styles than the new system does. The new system, whilst great in some aspects, on the whole is a step backwards.

Personally I think Anet have lost sight of the fundamental value of what guilds provide. Let’s hope they rediscover that, beyond their own current seemingly narrow-minded view they want to force everyone into.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

The game is called Guild Wars

Basically they want everyone who has guilds of tight nit friends to quit the game also they hate casuals for adding the harder content in the core path of the story rather than some offbeat map like Underworld. The also hate elitists for nerfing dungeons so badly and they hate their white knights for making them go into pure overdrive to try and contain all this mess. New players will have harder crafting recipies to deal with and old vets have noticed that 100-300g commander tag is literally been deemed worthless, Even the veteran CMD that everyone respects are better off tagging down and using a mentor.

I belong to a 400+ guild and I know it’s not for everyone but the game is Guild Wars and the guild hall shouldn’t be any more complicated to achieve than in GW1 or even forming the guild and doing missions in GW2. There purposely going out of there way to destroy the game experience for others in many aspects of the game.

What makes it worse is that so many people are looking down on others in this game the community has literally gone to he** in a handbasket since HoT launched. What was once considered the friendliest and most open MMO has become much more narrow and the community much more bitter as a result. GW2 isn’t like GW1 and HoT isn’t like GW2 or GW1 the death of this game has truly begun.

This post will be ignored as the community continues to tear itself apart as white knights spew and blindly put down any valid concern anyone has while the trolls have taken up pretending to be white knights themselves because the knights are doing more damage than a troll can ever do in this particular instance of the game when many many many valid concerns are being raised.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

I believe it’s wrong for small guilds to expect to have access to what larger guilds have achieved through their teamwork and commitment. It is right though to expect some sort of functionality and effort/reward system to be put in place in game that is reasonably able to be acquired for smaller guilds (i.e. 5-10 players). After all, there are a lot more smaller guilds out there than there are larger guilds.

I really want to swear at you for this statement: I payed the EXACT same price (beta player early start whatever) as you did or any other person at start, and you are basically saying I have not the same rights with my 2 person guild as a 500 person guild? So so , so shortsighted of you. I payed FULL price, I want FULL game being able to come to me in what ever shape or form, PLAY HOW YOU WANT, was their sales slogan, clearly now it is PLAY AS ALL OTHER MILLIONS OR LEAVE!

I really DO NOT care if it takes me 6 months or a year to achieve the same goals as a full 500 guild can do within 2 days, but I should BE ABLE to do so, and currently it is NOT possible! Oh wait yeah /insert whiney voice: HURRDURR JOIN A BIG GUILD, USE LFG!
No it should NOT be needed to do so. once again I payed full price, I want FULL access to ALL features, EVEN if it is hard to achieve or very costly, and once again it is NOT possible with the current system!

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

Well they pretty much hurt everything possible

Dungeons- check
Fractals- Check
Guild buffs- double check
Commander tags- check

Guilds as a whole- this all depends on whether you’re in a good supportive guild that is willing to give all their hard earned materials they could be using to progress. I hate having to ask my guild for their mats, seriously… I rather be rewarding them for their loyalty then take things from them

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Out of interest, do they need to have HoT to be in that instance/run the quest to get it?

i.e. there are 6 of us in a guild. 3 have HoT and 3 do not. Can we all run the instance or only those with HoT?

Only the ones with HoT will be able to participate.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Only the ones with HoT will be able to participate.

Cheers. I thought as much but never hurts to ask. Guess I’ll buy it tonight when I get home then.

Just for the record, for what it’s worth, I’ve never played Guild Wars1/2 until 2-3 weeks ago. Loving the game and such but I truly don’t understand why they took the banks access from small guilds. I know the normal arguments of gold sink, lah lah lah, but it’s such a small, insignificant thing, that strategically they should have kept at least that potentially earnable/open to a small 2/3 person guild shrugs

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

You can still access the guild bank from the NPC in front of the Guild Initiative building.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Reverielle.3972

I really want to swear at you for this statement: I payed the EXACT same price (beta player early start whatever) as you did or any other person at start, and you are basically saying I have not the same rights with my 2 person guild as a 500 person guild? So so , so shortsighted of you. I payed FULL price, I want FULL game being able to come to me in what ever shape or form, PLAY HOW YOU WANT, was their sales slogan, clearly now it is PLAY AS ALL OTHER MILLIONS OR LEAVE!

I really DO NOT care if it takes me 6 months or a year to achieve the same goals as a full 500 guild can do within 2 days, but I should BE ABLE to do so, and currently it is NOT possible! Oh wait yeah /insert whiney voice: HURRDURR JOIN A BIG GUILD, USE LFG!
No it should NOT be needed to do so. once again I payed full price, I want FULL access to ALL features, EVEN if it is hard to achieve or very costly, and once again it is NOT possible with the current system!

Swear and get upset all you like, but doing so doesn’t help anything. I agree with some of what you’ve said. But you have to look at it from all points of view, just not our own.

Paying for a game does not automatically entitle any of us to everything within that game. It never ever has been the way nor should it ever be the way. And it certainly has never been the way in MMOs in general. Using that same line of entitled thinking one could also argue that all the access/rewards in the upcoming raids should also be achievable by those that solo/duo/group. No one would ever ask for that, because it simply doesn’t make sense.

What I think there should be in place are a set of rewards/goals specifically designed for smaller/medium-sized guilds too. Right now as we know the focus is almost exclusively on larger guilds. As an example; I’d like to see guild halls available that are more designed for the smaller guild (like I wrote above), and other smaller scale target goals, that would logically become a focus for smaller guilds. It’s all about balance, and – most importantly – variety when it comes to MMOs. Right now Guild Wars 2 lacks this variety with regards to guild functionality.

There should be incentives and rewards for guilds of all sizes in the game. Asking for smaller guilds to have the same options, regardless of the work involved, takes away some of the reward from the larger guilds. I don’t think doing that is the best way forward.

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Sorry but you are not a guild. Just having two people is not considered a guild. You’re just wasting your time, after you adquire the guild there isn’t much 2 people can do, nothing for you guys to enjoy than just see an empty map.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

ANet doesn’t care about small guilds.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: bzcharkl.6438

bzcharkl.6438

Guild Halls are not intended to be gotten by guilds of fewer than 5. This is something ANet was upfront about.

Basically, if you can’t fill a party of just guild members, you’re not really a guild.

This is precisely my problem with the way they revamped the guild system in the expansion. Basically telling people who used to be a guild, and were comfortable with the size and nature of their guild, that they aren’t really a guild at all.

I just have a guild of a couple of RL friends (also everyone but me hasn’t logged on in months, but whatever) and ANet basically said I’m not allowed to play with the new toys. Even that would have been fine, I guess…disappointing but I wouldn’t complain too loudly, except then they also took away some of the old toys and locked them behind the same gate.

It makes me worry for the direction of the game as a whole, if these designs are indicative of the ideas that are being thrown around.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

What really bothers me, is next patch/expansion/whateveritscalled. Nothing would stop anet to do same thing all over again.

“We thought about it and really, guilds below 500 members are way too small so we have deleted all your upgrades and raised costs by 100 times. You can now pay us $50 and start wasting your time in the game to get it back again! Yay!”

Because, you know, they will randomly pick some feedback and say players were mostly happy the way guild upgrades changed with HoT, just to quote:

“Paying for a game does not automatically entitle any of us to everything within that game.”

or

“Asking for smaller guilds to have the same options, regardless of the work involved, takes away some of the reward from the larger guilds.”

Again, I want to point out that its not really up to anet to decide how many members guild should/could/must have. Its up to players. Some players like to be in large guilds, some like to play with small guild. Taking some completely random number, today 5, but tomorrow 50, and next year 500, and saying this is the size of guild we want everyone to be in, is just giving players less of the game. Its about options and different playstyles.

As long you can pick class and race and expect every class and race to be playable and able to compete, you should also be able to pick the size of your guild. If you start to argue that guilds below 5 are not really proper guilds and should be removed from the game, you could also say Asuras are not really tall enough to reach the end of jumping puzzles. Or Mesmers are too fragile to fight in the jungle…

Before the HoT small guilds were fine. Nobody roamed the forums complaining about the guilds being too small. Now, with expansion, which we had to pay for, people in smaller guilds end up with less then what they had before. Its the same as going to shop, paying $50 and leaving the shop without clothes you were wearing before.

mcwurth.2081

Swear and get upset all you like, but doing so doesn’t help anything. I agree with some of what you’ve said. But you have to look at it from all points of view, just not our own.

Paying for a game does not automatically entitle any of us to everything within that game. It never ever has been the way nor should it ever be the way. And it certainly has never been the way in MMOs in general. Using that same line of entitled thinking one could also argue that all the access/rewards in the upcoming raids should also be achievable by those that solo/duo/group. No one would ever ask for that, because it simply doesn’t make sense.

What I think there should be in place are a set of rewards/goals specifically designed for smaller/medium-sized guilds too. Right now as we know the focus is almost exclusively on larger guilds. As an example; I’d like to see guild halls available that are more designed for the smaller guild (like I wrote above), and other smaller scale target goals, that would logically become a focus for smaller guilds. It’s all about balance, and – most importantly – variety when it comes to MMOs. Right now Guild Wars 2 lacks this variety with regards to guild functionality.

There should be incentives and rewards for guilds of all sizes in the game. Asking for smaller guilds to have the same options, regardless of the work involved, takes away some of the reward from the larger guilds. I don’t think doing that is the best way forward.

I did not swear nor am i upset, rather frustrated about things I payed for and have no access too because I want to play the game my way, that is not being entitled nor am I demanding anything, it is the way GW1 and GW2 have worked till HoT came out. GW1 I have my own GH, GW2 I have my own guild, HoT made it impossible. Seems that fair?

I never said I want it all NOW and I do need less work for it then any other guild, I just want to be able to have ACCESS to it. to progress I MUST have more then 5 people. But seeing there is only 2 people currently active in my guild (actually it isnt since HoT got tried by us we basically left it behind other then logging in for some dailies so now and then) I am not currently considered a “Guild” and are not ALLOWED for the same features EVERYONE payed for. Seems that fair? I do not care if i need to work a complete year towards a GH as opposed to a huge guild having to do it in a week or less, ALL I ask for is the same ACCESS!

Posted by: SirDerp.3520

SirDerp.3520

Let me get nerfed versions of some of the guild hall upgrades in the Guild Initiative Office in LA with my guild of 5 or fewer people easily, and I would be ecstatic. (and let me throw down some smaller decorations)

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Not mine, found it on the interwebs, but here’s two decent elementalists claiming a guild hall

(Note: I agree with everyone who says the resetting of our abilities was bad, just wanted to show the OP it is possible to claim it (which is technically a new feature rather than a repackaged one, compared to all the upgrades you got to buy))

(edited by Snow.2048)

Reverielle.3972

I did not swear nor am i upset, rather frustrated about things I payed for and have no access too because I want to play the game my way, that is not being entitled nor am I demanding anything, it is the way GW1 and GW2 have worked till HoT came out. GW1 I have my own GH, GW2 I have my own guild, HoT made it impossible. Seems that fair?

I never said I want it all NOW and I do need less work for it then any other guild, I just want to be able to have ACCESS to it. to progress I MUST have more then 5 people. But seeing there is only 2 people currently active in my guild (actually it isnt since HoT got tried by us we basically left it behind other then logging in for some dailies so now and then) I am not currently considered a “Guild” and are not ALLOWED for the same features EVERYONE payed for. Seems that fair? I do not care if i need to work a complete year towards a GH as opposed to a huge guild having to do it in a week or less, ALL I ask for is the same ACCESS!

Well, sadly, if you’re going to blatantly contradict yourself, it’s pointless trying to have any constructive conversation about it. Which is disappointing, because I think it’s a worthwhile topic.

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Content in this or any game is tailored to a certain number of players. Not everything in GW2 can be done by one player. And it would be ridiculous for anyone to say that every dungeon, every world boss, everything in GW2 should be doable by the solo player. Or even duos.

You want a guild hall for two people? Go hire some mercenaries to help you clear the guild hall. Heck 10g and I’d be happy to come. And if you think hiring 10 players for a 100g to clear the guild hall is a burden, then I have news for you when you get to upgrading the guild hall later…

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

Posted by: Crazy.1894

Crazy.1894

The problem is not just “be 5+ or be (effectively) guildless”.
The problem is :
- if you want to craft Precursors, you need to be a Scribe (because most Scribe crafts are account bound).
- if you want to be a Scribe, you need to belong to a sizeable guilde.
- if you want to be a Scribe, you need also to do missions, not just events as before. Even if you hate Guild Missions.
- I won’t even mention the fact that even basic Scribe materials are expensive/hard to gather, mostly account bound, AND you need to be 300+ to craft those precu.

Basically, GW2 has become “play as ANet wants you to or be deprived of some of the content you paid for (and expected to be able to play)”.

I’m just hoping that they will fix this at some point. Trouble is, as (imho) HoT was released too early, there are a lot of bugs that need fixing before…

That wouldn’t be the first time ANet says “Oops, we were wrong, we’re gonna change this”. Let’s jut hope they do, as they did before.

In the meantime, I’ll try to restrain myself to the non-bugged, non-Scribe content.

But it’s kittening frustrating…

(Yes I wrote the k-word on purpose :p)

Les Loups de Sandpoint [LdS] – Vizunah
and we’re NOT recruiting ^^

mcwurth.2081

Well, sadly, if you’re going to blatantly contradict yourself, it’s pointless trying to have any constructive conversation about it. Which is disappointing, because I think it’s a worthwhile topic.

I am not contradicting anything: all I want is the same access as anyone else. I payed as much as anyone else, therefore i want to be able to do the same. I never said I want it now and direct or tossed in my lap: I am willing to work for it, just with my own time and gaming ways, nothing wrong with that? GW has always been about being able to play how you want, not being forced into things we rather do not like. but then we get to this discussion about casual vs hardcore Kitten stuff and I rather not go there (and yeah I am a casual player with limited time, hence that I want my own little place and be able to work for that instead of a 500 people guild with unknown others).

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Me and a Friend of mine were almost able to 2 man the first event to claim our hall
had we a 3rd we are confident we could have succeeded

in the end we did it effortlessly with 5 players a day later
in fact it was harder to capture my second hall with around 80 people lol
but it was also more fun the second time ^^

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I am not contradicting anything: all I want is the same access as anyone else. I payed as much as anyone else, therefore i want to be able to do the same. I never said I want it now and direct or tossed in my lap: I am willing to work for it, just with my own time and gaming ways, nothing wrong with that? GW has always been about being able to play how you want, not being forced into things we rather do not like. but then we get to this discussion about casual vs hardcore Kitten stuff and I rather not go there (and yeah I am a casual player with limited time, hence that I want my own little place and be able to work for that instead of a 500 people guild with unknown others).

the thing is, you “are able to do the same”. You are not excluded. If you played in a big guild and were excluded from achieving your guild aims even though you did the same thing as other players, then the game would exclude you. You, like many others, mistake “fairness” for being able to take decisions without consequences. You want to play in a 2 person guild, that is fine. And these are the consequences. They are the same consequences for everyone else chosing to play in a 2 person guild. Yes, that is fairness and not exclusion.

mcwurth.2081

the thing is, you “are able to do the same”. You are not excluded. If you played in a big guild and were excluded from achieving your guild aims even though you did the same thing as other players, then the game would exclude you. You, like many others, mistake “fairness” for being able to take decisions without consequences. You want to play in a 2 person guild, that is fine. And these are the consequences. They are the same consequences for everyone else chosing to play in a 2 person guild. Yes, that is fairness and not exclusion.

it is exclusion: simply because before HoT we where able to have ANYTHING that was ingame as a two person guild that a 500 people guild had as well. it took longer yes to gather influence and all, but I had access to everything. THey took that away, it is unfair.

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I know the guild halls are supposed to be an adventure, but if we have to spend 100 gold why do we have to fight such difficult enemies to get it? I am in a guild of 2 people, which we consider fine, we like just having family in the guild, but we cannot get the guild hall because the enemies are too difficult for 2 people. I would love if there was a way around defeating the Mordrem to get the hall, such as paying extra. Just my thoughts on the subject because it is frustrating after 30 tries and failures.

Your “guild” is less than a party and you find this a reasonable complaint. +1

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Not sure if this is a troll post.
Getting a guild hall is easy – use LFG people are always willing to help.
We claimed our with just 6 people.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

The game is called Guild Wars 2, which bears little resemblence to Guild Wars 1. In Guild Wars 1, guild halls were achievable by anyone as they should be. This idea of exclusiveness is such an outdated tired concept that encourages the worst, not the best in people.
Also, it’s not just the getting of the guild hall, it’s then all the materials needed to build it up, and then maintain the priviliges. Yesterday I found out that to +5 wvw supply costs 5g, not once, but every single time. It does not compute.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

Posted by: Vanilla.8506

Vanilla.8506

Yesterday my brother and I got our Guild Hall. We were only 2 and even after we wiped at the Knight we got back in and made it with 1 min on the clock.

So it is possible to make it with only 2 people. My brother was on his bersi tempest and I on my sinister condi engi.

We used blinds and los while focusing the vinetenders and the maw. We tried to pull the knight around a pillar while dpsing him.

Is the guild hall too expensive for 2 people? Yes!
Is it to hard to get? No!

p.s sorry for my bad english

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Just helped a guildmate get his own personal GH last week. We 4 manned it. After doing it with a much larger amount of players with another guild I can safely tell you that more is not always better. 4-5 competent players is probably the sweet spot and that is not very hard to manage.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: XIIIBlade.6574

XIIIBlade.6574

HAHAHAHAHA!

Two people taking guild hall- NOT HARD AT ALL…
The coin on one side must be so polished that the other side is not obvious… Hang on, it takes two sides to be a coin…

Exclusiveness…
Must have a very comfortable life to not see a perspective from the other side…
Lost before and got life back to a comfortable stage and still practice ideas that encourage exclusiveness? Worry not, there will be another time for lost again… Till one get it…
Oh the insecurities of the ego must feel special, thus exclusiveness… Carry on. Such comforts in life…

To perceive ideas from all comforts met… Such a luxury…

Hope that acquiring the guild hall can be change; If not, its not for me dictate what people do, but observing the results of actions is not always beautiful. It pains me to see those results once upon a time…

Back to Tyria fighting for the underdogs, first I have to find my dog. Where did my dog go? Who took my dog? Who ate my dog? FArt Hmmm…

When you open your mouth, make sure you brushed your teeth.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

it is exclusion: simply because before HoT we where able to have ANYTHING that was ingame as a two person guild that a 500 people guild had as well. it took longer yes to gather influence and all, but I had access to everything. THey took that away, it is unfair.

no, it is not. That is simple change. One for the worse in your case, but still. Or is there a 2 people guild that is treated differently?

mcwurth.2081

no, it is not. That is simple change. One for the worse in your case, but still. Or is there a 2 people guild that is treated differently?

I am not only talking for myself, there is a fairly big portion of GW2/HoT players affected by this. Don’t twist my words around, the fact that is unfair: taking away access to things we had access before towards without any issue. Now it is made hard and we arenanet dropped their manifesto. that is unfair.

I can understand evolving a company, but they got to be real as well, GW2 playerbase is divided in several groups, one of which is fairly large by people who rather play casual and sort off “alone”. sure say many people, this group got pampered for a long time, now it is the other groups turn, and that is all fine with me, but by taking away things from the other group, it turned out somewhat unfair. is this somewhat a better explaination for you to understand what I mean?

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

For what it’s worth, I duo’d Gilded Hollows with my Warrior friend for my personal solo Guild (now Lv.13 and slowly climbing), while I was playing on my Herald. Sure, it took a few RNG tries (the Vine spawning way too far away, which would make groups of 5 fail too), but it wasn’t overly difficult. We just made sure we brought the damage, and cleaves. For the boss of the location, we brought ranged, making him incredibly easy to deal with. You can also use LFG to get help I guess. They don’t need to be in your Guild to enter (my Warrior friend isn’t in my Guild in example). As long as you’re inside, they can get in as well. Note that we have Ascended gear, and expensive Sigils and Runes (e.g., I have Berserker Ascended with Strength Runes and Force+Air/Energy Sigils for my weapon sets). Pretty sure this can be done in Exotics too though.

You may just need to practice more if you can’t claim it with two people. As they say in Dark Souls, “gotta git gud”. We did it with the two of us, so that is definitely doable. Solo, you’ll be a bit hard pressed on time however. Maybe you got to upgrade your builds and/or gear a bit. There’s nothing wrong with it requiring you to play optimally.

Some tips;

Rush to the center as much as you can to prepare for the next Vine, this includes when you start it, don’t wait at the entrance. Bring Swiftness! Prioritize taking out the Menders, while you cleave and avoid the other mobs. If necessary, clear some enemies before engaging Menders, e.g., Poison frogs can be a pain in the backside. Note that in some locations you can take out Menders without aggroing the other enemies just fine. Don’t aggro stuff needlessly. One of you should always focus on the Menders and Vines mainly. It’s ok if you fail a Vine or two, or three. Don’t give up right away, but don’t commit to far away Vines if you can tell you won’t get it down in time. Just leave it and head back towards the center. Use ranged on the last boss, make sure you got some CC to break the Breakbar and make it take proper damage. You got more than enough time to even just auto it down after doing that. There shouldn’t be any need to LoS or such when using proper range. Don’t go in close, it can and likely will oneshot you.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: MrMouser.6583

MrMouser.6583

This community will earn to prizes,

1st prize for the friendliest community and
1st prize for the whiniest community

Really, people manage to make an issue out of anything, if Arenanet found a real talking quagan, players will still complain about the way he talks.

This is an MMO, its meant to be played with people, many people, its not supposed to be your single player or 2 player adventure, there are other games good for that. We already had two major story bosses ruined because of the whiny single player mmo playing people, I am a casual player myself but I never come into an MMO and expect to have content to be made just for me, so I can play it alone.

They didn’t take anything away, it was unfair to the larger guilds that 2 people could get to the same point a 500 player guild could.

Guild halls are not player housing, stop treating it as such and join a guild. I got the guild hall with 5 people but even if you do, you can’t do anything in it, for a 500+ community guild its very very hard to even scratch the surface. Join a guild and stop trying to ruin the game for everyone because you can’t have your shiny.

My Art Portfolio http://mariusbota.com/

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Just sell the materials needed for the guild hall and make Lions Arch you guildhall.
Profit.