Getting Heart of Thorns

Getting Heart of Thorns

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DrakoBlade.1759

DrakoBlade.1759

So back when you actually had to buy guild wars 2 to play it I did. I haven’t played in awhile, but I come back to find that it’s free to play and that when I get higher level it would be more beneficial for be to use the expansion. So I got to thinking about this, I bought guild wars 2, but it’s free now. Shouldn’t there be something to it? Not to sound whiny but I actually bought guild wars 2, shouldn’t I either get the expansion with it now that the game is free or get some form of higher privileges?

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Compared to a f2p account you have far more privileges.
Overview here.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

You are not the only person to feel that way but you are a little late to that particular party.
Suggest you read the 7305 posts here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/first

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: HighGuy.2794

HighGuy.2794

If you already bought the core game then the expansion isn’t even close to being worth its current price tag.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Soa Cirri.6012

Soa Cirri.6012

If you already bought the core game then the expansion isn’t even close to being worth its current price tag.

I got thousands of hours out of GW2 core. You can do the entire HoT story in a day, excluding the grind required for masteries. The (four) map metas get stale after two or three successes. I did most of the HoT content in a week and then went back to the core game content.

What you gain access to are a half-dozen, quite frankly, mostly ugly armor and weapon skins that can’t be bought off the TP.

You also get the elites and the Revenant. If you want to be playing the absolute meta, especially in PvP, you will need these, but then you’re paying $50 for a class and eight trait lines.

Up to you.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

I got thousands of hours out of GW2 core. You can do the entire HoT story in a day, excluding the grind required for masteries. The (four) map metas get stale after two or three successes. I did most of the HoT content in a week and then went back to the core game content.

What you gain access to are a half-dozen, quite frankly, mostly ugly armor and weapon skins that can’t be bought off the TP.

You also get the elites and the Revenant. If you want to be playing the absolute meta, especially in PvP, you will need these, but then you’re paying $50 for a class and eight trait lines.

Up to you.

You can also compelete core game story line in a day and their quality are terrible, whats your point?

Stop slap word grind on everything you dont know what grind is, you can get to madtery lv60 ish literally without doing the same events twice plus advantures and explore of course. If you call this grind you should try other actual grind games.

Armor are ugly are your opinion others may find is most good looking armor in game, its subjective.

You did HoT in a week? So I belive you done all the related achivement and collection? otherwise I can do core game in 3 days or less.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Dont do it, wait untill it’s 10 bucks in the cheap as dirt sales department. Should not take that long.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Soa Cirri.6012

Soa Cirri.6012

You can also compelete core game story line in a day and their quality are terrible, whats your point?

Lol isn’t ‘their quality are terrible’ an… opinion?

But anyway, I doubt it. In core you have around 50 missions from start to finish, and there are three exclusive mission arcs for each race from lv1-20, one for each race from 20-30, and three again for each of three orders (unless you’re a norn in which you get another exclusive option). Stacked on top of the three arcs you get depending on your choice to the mother tree, we’re looking at hundreds of missions.

But aside form that there was:
PvP
WvW
Jumping puzzles
Dungeons
Crafting

Soon after release there were also fractals

Then you had the temporary content mentioned in the OP

And on top of all of that, hundreds of weapon and armor skins, including a legendary for each weapon type all acquirable in-game.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DrakoBlade.1759

DrakoBlade.1759

Okay, guess I was just wondering about it. I figured I wasn’t the only one but that it might take awhile to find a forum post similar to my needs. That’s why I made this, when I bought gw2 it was around a year to a year and a half so it was not too much less than what the entire HoT is “worth”. I had bought it for around $50 to $60, so I just figured that because it was roughly the same price but possibly less content. Just why not let me or others like me get it? Obviously I haven’t been playing gw2 that whole time. There are people who started about the same time as I have and have over 10x the achievement points I do. I have bounced from several other games as of late, but there are others who have spent that time and may not have gotten the HoT expansion. Who knows I may or may not spend more time on this game. I mostly came back to it because of a friend.

I think I will probably just play it by ear and if I feel like I want to play more and I am missing something in the experience then I might make more of a deal of it. Right now though it would just be more for the benefit of others than me, though.

Thank you all for responding and to those that think I am kind of late to the party in this thought. I really just got back into gw2 maybe 1 or 2 days before I posted this and before that I played League of Legends, Japanese server of Black desert, Hearthstone, Skyforge, Starwars the Old Republic, and more since I have left so this is just me returning to hangout with a friend.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Some love it, some hate and some have not played it and will tell you everything they think is wrong with it but they have not stepped foot into into it.

I bought the expensive version and have not regretted it at all. I am enjoying it quite a bit. I have not found anything that I don’t like about it. Been playing it with no grinding. You see I do not see the need to grind to finish anything ASAP. All the legendaries and masteries are just coming along as I play and have fun.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I also bought this game 3yrs ago, and bought HoT after the first beta weekend.
I for one am really enjoying it. There’a a lot to do, most of which is not neccessarily mandatory either.
The depth of the maps, and the design in general is amazing. The music in particular is fantastic (I personally love Auric Basin ambient music).
Each map was really well thought out to give a different play experience compared to core Tyria. If some people don’t like that, core Tyria is still there.

I honestly can’t say there’s something I don’t like with the content. Some tweaks are needed to how maps fill/map closes and the megaserver system. But that’s it.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kyle.5931

Kyle.5931

There are so many things to do in HoT. I, for one who loves achievement point and item collections never regret spending 100 bucks. I had to juggle among unlocking all elites and their weapons, legendary crafting, raiding, helping others, just not enough time to do all of them.

Some may tell you that HoT lacks of contents, they actually mean “lack of content they love to do, selectively”.

Getting Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Moderator

[A thread on this topic already exists (see Price Feedback thread). This thread is now closed.]