Ghostly Infusion.... really?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

I was browsing through the raid merchant’s inventory today and I noticed the Ghostly Infusions, which immediately reminded me of the news post rant about the unique infusion reward that would give your character a “ghostly aura”. That was one of the things that I was kinda looking forward to when it was announced and then gradually slipped out of my mind in the coming days, so I figured that by now enough time has passed for people to get it and showcase it. I imaged it would be something like the effect you get from a Strawberry Ghost, except, you know, more awesome. It is a raid reward after all, right? I’m sure most people who were in the same situation as me can imagine my surprise and disappointment when I looked at a video of the effect and realized that it’s just some entirely unimpressive smoke-like particle effects that don’t make your character look ghostly in the slightest. I don’t know, maybe I’m missing something. Maybe the effect gets exponentially more awesome if you equip more than one, but even if that’s the case, and I find that extremely unlikely, we have a whole other problem after that, don’t we? The kitten infusions are +5 infusions, with no +7 versions or upgrades anywhere in sight. Ergo they are completely useless for high-level fractals, which Arenanet has been pushing since the expansion’s release. When a consumable worth 6c has a better effect than a high-end raid reward and you can’t even put it to good use for the stats, you gotta know that you messed up somewhere down the line.

With that in mind, can you please go back to the drawing board and give us a reward that’s actually worth our time and effort?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Yea…apart from unlocking legendary armor, raids are worth nothing else. All rewards are basically trash.

..but again i think the main reason people should do raids is for the legendary armor…and in a way i think that’s how they also intended it.

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

I think for most people, legendary armor at this point is just a pipe dream, unless Anet decides to come to their senses and doesn’t force us to pay an arm and a leg for each of the pieces like they’ve decided to do for precursors. Plus, we have no idea what it looks like, and while being able to select stats is nice, unless they also allow us to freely switch out runes or something, I don’t see it as being worth the investment. Unlike sigils on weapons, which are either standard across all builds or really cheap, runes are a huge part of the equipment build and generally cost a fair deal of money, so being able to switch stats is not a sufficiently good enough reason to invest into crafting a legendary armor. Maybe if it looks absolutely amazing, but with the current track record and in light of my original post, I don’t really have much trust in the design team’s ability to produce satisfying results. Especially not for medium armor.

Also, I should think the reason people would want to do raids is fun. Anet has been quite successful on that front so far, but I do expect the rewards to reflect our investment as well. They need to be more than just “unique” considering the amount of effort required to get them.