Giants

Giants

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I hope the expansion maps will contain a few giants. Currently the kill 1000 giant slayer achievement is way out of line with the other slayer achievements.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Giants

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The giant slayer achievement really is way out of line. Just not enough in the game. I’ve played for over 2500+ hours and have 6 giant killings to my name I believe.

We have a guildie that goes out of his way to slay giants. He passed the 500 mark a few weeks back. I’m impressed by his perseverance.

Giants

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

There should be a Title…

Giants

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Giant Killer used to be easier to do before the megaservers, I really really regret not doing it when I knew the “trick”

We really need some more veteran giants to make this achievement doable, imagine a dungeon full of veteran giants!

Giants

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Giant Killer used to be easier to do before the megaservers, I really really regret not doing it when I knew the “trick”

We really need some more veteran giants to make this achievement doable, imagine a dungeon full of veteran giants!

I’d think it would be a little easier now as you could find more people around to scale up the event in Brisbane to get more giants to spawn. (it spawns up to 5-6 non-champ giants). I haven’t worked towards giant slayer yet, but I’m up to around 40 without trying or going out of my way to work on it.

I hope that the new specializations make it easier to get the off-hand weapon masteries.

Giants

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

From Champion to Legendary lets not diminish their mysticism…. I think I’ve just set a new personal goal!

Giants

Posted by: Wintersbane.3762

Wintersbane.3762

I haven’t done this in a while, but there is a dynamic event (linked below) in Brisban Wildlands that spawns multiple giants about every 15 min if you go with a party. Have they changed this?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_U.N.I.T._find_and_destroy_the_Inquest

Giants

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

its still more manageable than most of the WvW achievements, but yeah i do hope that they at least help us out with this one (the legendary sand giant was a good start though)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Giants

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I personally want to see more of the giant we meet in the fractals.

Giants

Malediktus.3740

I personally want to see more of the giant we meet in the fractals.

That is a colossus and not just a giant.

Giants

Malediktus.3740

I know of that event, but its a pain to find people for it to scale it up high enough to be worth it.
For 1000 kills you still need 41 hours if you kill 6 giants per event every 15min. And it needs quite a bunch of people to scale it up that high I think.

Giants

Posted by: Wintersbane.3762

Wintersbane.3762

I know of that event, but its a pain to find people for it to scale it up high enough to be worth it.
For 1000 kills you still need 41 hours if you kill 6 giants per event every 15min. And it needs quite a bunch of people to scale it up that high I think.

According to the wiki this is how it scales:

1 player = 1 giant
2-3 players = 2 giants
4-5 players = 3 giants
6-8 players = 4 giants
9-20+ players = 5 giants
30+ players = 6 giants

But I agree it would still take a lot of people/time, and it’s definitely not something you could do in one sitting, or even in a few days.

I think a good time to get a small zerg together to scale up this event might be when Brisban event completion is one of the PvE dailies.

Another trick to this event is to kill the giants at the beginning and then allowing the event to fail (let the golem get killed). That way you won’t have to finish the entire event before the spawn timer resets. Of course you can’t do this during the daily event completion though…

Giants

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’d think it would be a little easier now as you could find more people around to scale up the event in Brisbane to get more giants to spawn. (it spawns up to 5-6 non-champ giants). I haven’t worked towards giant slayer yet, but I’m up to around 40 without trying or going out of my way to work on it.

I hope that the new specializations make it easier to get the off-hand weapon masteries.

Well no, before the megaserver you could easily form a group with people from different servers (guesting) party up and do the event, then go to your home server and repeat. By the time you finish the giants on the 5th server the first one will be available again, rinse repeat.

Giants

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I haven’t done this in a while, but there is a dynamic event (linked below) in Brisban Wildlands that spawns multiple giants about every 15 min if you go with a party. Have they changed this?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_U.N.I.T._find_and_destroy_the_Inquest

It is still running. However, it can bug out if folk go on to complete the whole event and take out everything well in advance of U.N.I.T. instead of just going with him and helping him. When it bugs, U.N.I.T. often will be standing by the containment unit, sometimes with Wistt and event says you have to destroy the containment unit but nothing will proceed any further. At that point you should submit a bug ticket. They are pretty great at resetting it quickly, especially if you can tell them what IP it is on (put in /IP in chat to find that out).

If you just kill the giant(s) and let U.N.I.T. go on his way by himself and the event fails, it does respawn a bit faster than if he completes it but it is only by a few minutes.

I have avies at the Toxal Bog and in Nageling and alternate them working on my giant slayer. I try to do a couple every day. So far I am up to 435. I have met people who are nearly done, so it is doable. Just very slow.

Giants

Malediktus.3740

It is definitely doable, but the way to complete the achievement is way out of line compared to all the other achievements in this category where you have multiple options to do them all over Tyria.
In GW1 you met giants all the time, for some reason in GW2 there are barely any left

Giants

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Take a look at Yak Slapper and suddenly the Giant killing thing isn’t so bad…..

But yeah, Giant slayer is out of line with the other achievements in that category.

SBI

Giants

Malediktus.3740

Yes, WvW achievements could use a rebalance. They promised that 2012 but we are still waiting