Giving "Veteran" players a chance at beta

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Hopesfall.7419

Hopesfall.7419

Hello everyone,

I’ve been thinking about buying the expansion and can’t really decide, so i had an idea that would probably work if Anet is willing to honor the players who paid for the core game already.

I propose a Beta weekend that would be exclusive to the players who bought the core game in the last year or so (this could also be a good stress test) or at least a sneak peek (give us access at least 1 day of the beta weekend).

That would help players like me who aren’t sure if they want to pre-order the expansion, meaning it would definitely boost the pre-order sales.

What do you guys think?

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

they made a beta like that already, you could play beta if you dropped a portail for this one.
Why they would do a beta, that is normaly design to point at bugs or glitch, to allow you to decide if you want to play it or not..
It’s a beta not a demo.
I am sure they will do some stuff for you to try the expension after it goes live, but before i don’t think so…

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

Why they would do a beta, that is normaly design to point at bugs or glitch, to allow you to decide if you want to play it or not..
It’s a beta not a demo.

This argument is kind of strange, if you ask me, considering most of the time it’s the developer that pays beta testers, not the other way around.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

It’s a beta not a demo.

This argument is kind of strange, if you ask me, considering most of the time it’s the developer that pays beta testers, not the other way around.

Except 99% of MMO’s allows you to buy into it early to beta test them (but ofc same games ALSO have paid internal testers, but some things just need a large crowd than the internal testers to be sure to get the real results

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

As a player that has been around since launch: I am emphatically against this suggestion.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think they probably should have an open beta period like a week before launch, just to let everyone dabble in the new content for a little bit, but whatever. I do think it would help sales if people could feel how fun the gliders are, I can’t go back.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We’ve given veteran players a free character slot, and as others have pointed out, a beta test is not a demo or a preview. If you’re unsure about purchasing Heart of Thorns, consider reviewing our extensive Heart of Thorns website for a great deal of information, then make the decision that is right for you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet