Glider Suggestions? Share Them Here!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Lore-based gliders:

• Pact and the three Orders
  • Racial gliders (e.g. charr, asura, etc.), but also including non-playable races: hylek, skritt, quaggan, etc.
  • Gliders based on the six human gods, since we are already working through human deity back pieces
Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

A charr copter!

Sure it won’t be a real glider, because it covers your compleat character, but it would be extremly cool!

I know, because of the size, it should be very rare, therefore put it in the black lion chest with a very low drop rate

The skins are already in the game, therefore it won’t need much recources and could permanently boost buying black lion chest keys

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

ones like to see:
ghost/hologram dragon wings (we have hologram backpack thing make that into one but bigger)
fiery wings (just bird like wings but on fire similar to the bandit bundle thing in gem store)
clockwork wings (kinda aetherblade look or made of gears)
steam wings/jetpack heck just the jet pack

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

It’s most likely been suggested already, but I’d love a space, sky or celestial-themed glider, something with a wing effect along the lines of the druid celestial form/Astralaria/Dawn/Dusk/Meteorologicus. The wing could be a fairly nebulous shape a la the soul river glider, and it could have an effect of little stars, lights or clouds. (Perhaps a ‘day’ and a ‘night’ version?) I think it would match some of the armor and weapons already in the game pretty well.

Elemental gliders would also be cool. Air is the obvious one and some of the existing gliders kind of already fit, but fiery wings would also match a lot of armor/weapons, and water would also look cool.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Tiefsee.3647

A burning glider! But not just a glider on fire, a asura/charr tecnology glider (don’t care with one) that works 4 out of 5 times normal, but that one time one side of the jet engines/glider hover tec malfunctions and is on fire (like a crashing airplane in a B movie)

Or maybe make it even explode (randomly) with a BOOM animation and fire afterwards (doesn’t affect the gliding, just a fancy animation

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Could we actually get some gliders you earn in game >_<

Tiefsee.3647

Drakz we already have one, you earn it in pvp

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

What is it?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What is it?

The Legendary backpacks, PvP and Fractal, both act as gliders as far as I know (not in PvP areas, of course).

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

I am so glad to see this thread. I have been watching the gemstore for a while now on the custom glider skins, and even bought a few. but two skins that I thought I would have seen already, I haven’t. so here we are I want to see a glider that matches the hellfire achievement armor skin and one that matches the radiant achievement armor skin. also one that matches the chaos skins would be sweet too.

Posted by: Eric.7813

Eric.7813

Cosmic Glider

Chinese Holiday Glider

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

How about add some special trails for legendary gliders like how we have footprints for weapons the legendary gliders should have some special trail

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

My suggestion is to move all personnel involved in the consideration of new gliders onto actually delivering playable content.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’d like a shiny metallic glider, sleeker than the ironclad but with the same finish which looks great when dyed until the effect comes on. I’m a huge fan of effects, but the effect doesn’t look as good to me as the jet black metal.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

The new leafy glider we got is decent but too flowery for my liking. x_x How about one HUGE leaf as a glider? I’ve always wanted one. You can add smaller falling leaves effect or something but don’t make it too fancy! It would be perfect for my Sylvari. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM REALLY BAD AT DRAWING BUT I GUESS YOU GET THE IDEA. XD

Attachments:

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ve solved the age old mystery about how to fix clipping on capes. Make them a glider skin, and when you’re flying, the cape will flow outwards, away from your body. In fact, real life physics of capes and an angled decent means the cape will have a partially upwards tilt. This is the perfect compromise to get capes back into the game. Plus, it’s more microtransaction income for Anet.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m pretty sure that gliding capes have already been suggested in this thread, Glider Suggestions, but you could always suggest it again.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m pretty sure that gliding capes have already been suggested in this thread, Glider Suggestions, but you could always suggest it again.

Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. Someone beat me to it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Batman cape glider? That’s actually a super cool idea!

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Tiefsee.3647

How about a glider inspirated by this flying – pardon i mean gliding animal https://youtu.be/HMs8Cu8PNKM and you might name that glider “Chrysopelea”

Posted by: fivestar.7830

fivestar.7830

I didn’t read the other post so i am just suggesting an option to turn the thing off completely and still be able to glide. I can not show a back item and still get the stats from it why not the glider too?

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

I’ll just pitch in real quick to say there should be at least some gliders that you can earn in game. If not 1 for every weapon set, at least 1 for each of the racial weapon sets and the major craftable sets…

…which reminders me…

…there should be some gliders that are craftable. I suggest by huntsman or tailors depending on the design.

This is really one of those things where it’s obvious Anet just cheaped out and decided to just not work. They’re decoratives, but so are weapons. If the game launched with 1 sword…and then they were just a bunch of swords to buy with MORE real money…no one would play this game.

Generally, if you’re going to launch features, they should be fully developed and publicly consumable at launch.

And and you should get a free character slot with the expansion all the time!

Tiefsee.3647

I’ll just pitch in real quick to say there should be at least some gliders that you can earn in game. If not 1 for every weapon set, at least 1 for each of the racial weapon sets and the major craftable sets…

Or they should just enable the fractal and pvp glider in the character glider preview, that way even the last player will know about the gliders you can earn ingame…

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

• Gliders based on the six human gods, since we are already working through human deity back pieces

Yeah, and the backpack could actually be a crafting component for the glider! Cool idea.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

We’ve seen a lot of great suggestions come in lately about gliders. Whether you have ideas on a new design or a different skin suggestion, or even functionality feedback, we’d like to read your ideas.

Thanks a bunch!

PVP map with gliders.

Yeah I don’t care if it’s a good idea or not. I just want a new PVP map.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

Posted by: Tarim.2704

Tarim.2704

Can we have an option to disable glider sounds, or maybe have a separate volume bar for them? I recently finally made the legendary fractal backpiece and I love the looks, but the glider sound is turning me mad T.T.

//No, I don’t want to turn off all the effects sounds, they help playing the game.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Can we have a few simple glider skins linked to LS3 rather than the Gem shop?

I say simple just because that way they are not better than the gem ones so you can still make sales, but it would be nice to earn a few non-legendary glider looks in game.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

Actually, I love the Glittery Wings backpack to be able to be turned into a glider.

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

A cape would be nice.

One that can be a backpack item too.

While I’m at it, please make all gliders backpack skins too, I keep accidently buying gliders thinking they are back skins too.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Crimsonstar.3120

Crimsonstar.3120

A glider made of seawater and sea foam perhaps, flowing from the player’s back from some sort of artifact or back-based surfboard, and dissipating to vapor as a glider trail, perhaps with a surfing quaggan occasionally from the glider when opened, with the dye slots affecting the artifact color and water color separately.

Posted by: Newbstr.4871

Newbstr.4871

Can we add advanced spinal blades as well? The ones before the advanced one really aren’t all that plausible as the “wings” aren’t really big enough to be a glider.
Technically you could add them though because the spinal blades packs are jet packs. I am saying aesthetic alone would dictate that the advanced could be used as a glider.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Can we add advanced spinal blades as well? The ones before the advanced one really aren’t all that plausible as the “wings” aren’t really big enough to be a glider.
Technically you could add them though because the spinal blades packs are jet packs. I am saying aesthetic alone would dictate that the advanced could be used as a glider.

Agreed. I find it rather odd that the Spinal Blade Pack (and upgraded versions) wasn’t made into a glider skin option as even the first version is basically a jetpack.

Same with the Decorative Molten Jetpack.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m loving the phoenix wings! Apparently, ANet is taking the suggestions here seriously and in some cases using them.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Seems we’ll be getting a Glide-r-Tron next that makes you look like a drone. I currently see it in my Glider tab but no option to buy yet. Would fit nice with my Asura who already has the other Hero-Tron themed items. :P

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Tiefsee.3647

We’ve seen a lot of great suggestions come in lately about gliders. Whether you have ideas on a new design or a different skin suggestion, or even functionality feedback, we’d like to read your ideas.

Thanks a bunch!

PVP map with gliders.

Yeah I don’t care if it’s a good idea or not. I just want a new PVP map.

If done right, it could be a great idea – for example changing skyhammer into a glider zone;
-Make the map bigger
-The skyhammer now launches you instead of shooting, and gives you sone bombs
-bring back the glass on the ground
-More worms at the ground that kill you
-a teleport platform halfway before the worms (reach it and you survive)
-all players (including not HoT users) become max gliding as long as the game starts

This would become a lot of fun, i could finnaly show of my glider in PvP, a demo for non HoT uswers for knowing how awsome gliding really is and skyhammer would deserve it’s name again!

-

Alternative glidermap idea (similar playset like above, bombing gliders etc) a new stronghold map – unlike the one we have with two paths, it got just one path, meaning a huge battle in the middle! Some areas that launch players with bombs – against players and the doors. The Standard guards can one shot everything in the sky.

This map could be fun and a great way to show off my gliders! I mean seriously, where should i show off my gliders as pvp player? Jumping from those ruins isn’t as much fun if nobody looks up in the sky….

Tiefsee.3647

And a few not so standard glider ideas, beeing carried – an eagle/voulture/big bird grabs you when you start gliding and flys away when you stob gliding (while gliding you see a big bird grabbing you on the back)

Grenth collects your soul! Every time you glide an avatar of grenth flys by and grabs you (like the bird) but there stays a dead-animatiin body of you on the ground/falls down and you become ghost like (make the spectral color able to die – pleas, my soul needs to be an unique color) – and when you land you either stay in the ghost version (like the starberry ghost) or lissa reanimates you with an animation

An other big bird – a stork that carries you like a baby in cartoons and places a save baby-stork-thingens around you

Posted by: Kruczek.1803

Kruczek.1803

They probably won’t do this but i wish they could add a skill or two that would allow your character to lift upward while gliding, and make some animation for some skins like the black/white feather wings or the bird/bat wings, making them flap to gain lift as if the wings were real.

I like the idea of “invisible” gliders mentioned above, or maybe something like an energy aura would be neat.

Or what about something like a “TRON” glider, leaving a colorful trail behind that you could dye w/e color lol

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I would love to see some kind of nature themed glider thats made out of plants. Vines with flowers/nature magic perhaps?

Just saying but seeing the Floral glider being added made me very happy, it looks sweet with my rangers Kudzu.
Much thanks anet.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Since we’re getting a Robo-tron glider, can we also get a Robo-Tron Mail Carrier? Also, a Halloween Robo-tron mini pet would be awesome.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

you guys realize… you are just giving them information on how to target you for micro transactions for gemstore purchase items….

Tiefsee.3647

you guys realize… you are just giving them information on how to target you for micro transactions for gemstore purchase items….

Ever heard the term “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!”?

If anet gives me the glider i want, i gladly pay them. Besides you can still exchange gold for gems, if you don’t want to give anet money….

Besides it’s just abput skins and nothing that gives you an advantage

Tiefsee.3647

A glider suggestion i would never use but may look – interesting. A fairy glider! Some fairy wings on the back and while it glides, a lot of fairydust/glitter/stars fall down making this the sparkliest glider possible (fairy wings – way to small insect wings)

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

A glider suggestion i would never use but may look – interesting. A fairy glider! Some fairy wings on the back and while it glides, a lot of fairydust/glitter/stars fall down making this the sparkliest glider possible (fairy wings – way to small insect wings)

That would be making the Glittering Wings or Butterfly Wings into a glider.

Posted by: Siniorica Sunmist.7218

Siniorica Sunmist.7218

Magic Carpet and Kites turned into gliders

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I really wish the Fractal Capacitor could have a glider added as an
Anti Gravity Ring Glider. My idea is that upon deploying, the mist essence within the center would expand outward to provide an anti gravity descent and yet be buoyant enough to catch drafts for more lift.

As one of several gliders you have to put effort and time into collecting and piecing together, I believe it too should have a complementary glider as such described above.

Rough (strong emphasis) concept illustration below.

Attachments:

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Bumblebee wings
Junebug beetle wings
Luna moth wings
Monarch butterfly wings.
Steampunk dragoon wings

Stop giving us ugly preset colors for wings please. That’s why I don’t buy any gliders, even if they are dyable, the backpack version isn’t.

Mermaid wings!!!

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

How about a Glider made of hundreds of 100 dollar bills.

Scene as that’s exactly what the gliders are for you.

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

Non standard gliders:
-Invisible (no glider)
-Umbrella (as mentioned in 1 of recent threads)
-Bicycle
-Gas (fart) glider (obviously with custom poses and animations)

Endless Upgrade Extractor (turns extracted upgrades account bound)

Cartboard (or plain wood plank) box armor skins (with animated floppy parts).

Rainbow cape (back piece that’s nothing but a trail of rainbow)

Posted by: Uruk.3215

Uruk.3215

I think it would be nice to have options to do certain acrobatic stuff with the glider while in the air. Also, I’d love to see some cool elder dragon wings skin.

Seek wisdom in darkness.

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Here’s a radical suggestion for gliders:

Make them obtainable in-game instead of in-gemstore