- Daydreamer’s Wings
- Glittering Wings
- Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings

Glider Suggestions? Share Them Here!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

SHADOW GLIDER

A glider made of black smoke or something like that, would fit thieves amazingly! Pretty easy to design as well I suppose.

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Please make magic carpet be a glider! It is a magic carpet, it is magic, it should fly

Parabrezza

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

Holographic & Holographic Shattered Dragon Wing + Tempered Spinal Blade Gliders to go with our back item skins please!! Also agree with Lucadiro on the carpet and also add the riding broom as a gliding option

Thank you very much!

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

(edited by Seth Moonshadow.2710)

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I’d like to see a mastery added that would enable our characters to dive when gliding to pick up speed, allowing them to dive down to things without having to <spacebar> <spacebar> their way down, which at the moment both looks – and is mechanically – clumsy.

Perhaps diving could ‘fill’ a secondary bar under the endurance bar, sort of like a ‘momentum/speed’ bar that could then be depleted to climb/ascend back up into the air for a certain amount of time.

Posted by: ZidZabre.7256

ZidZabre.7256

I would love to see the Molten Jetpack to have a Glider option.

Perhaps give it the same treatment the wings got on launch?

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Can we have some dream thistle oriented back pack with glider skin?

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

Copter glider — rotating helicopter blades at the top of a pole popping up out of the backpack. Would be an awesome glider for engineers.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

KayCee.4653

Copter glider — rotating helicopter blades at the top of a pole popping up out of the backpack. Would be an awesome glider for engineers.

They have one similar to that in the glider selection thing. Its like a drone with 4 prop rotors but in this case its spirals… called Glide-r-Tron

KayCee.4653

Hay here is a glider idea that would make a bit of real world meets Tyria/HoT world. Make the glider be related to like a wing suit, except be more of under the arms and maybe ribbed like a toxic kraits fins or like the wing/arms of the wyverns are. I know a few details that need to be ironed out, but we wouldn’t need to flap them just extend the arms out and the fins open up.

Posted by: Mishima.1203

Mishima.1203

Supposedly there was a Phoenix Glider up on the Gem Store, though it wasn’t for very long. Is there any chance that it will make a comeback like the White Wings Glider?

Posted by: bahanwoodcarver.6071

bahanwoodcarver.6071

- A cultural glider for each race
- A legendary glider appearance
- A glider for each order
- A glider for each minor race
- A dragon theme glider (zhaitan, mordremoth etc…)
- A glider per crafting discipline

BR.

Bahan

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Supposedly there was a Phoenix Glider up on the Gem Store, though it wasn’t for very long. Is there any chance that it will make a comeback like the White Wings Glider?

Yea, it should return sometime. Though when is undetermined. Return items usually come back unannounced, so just keep watch of the forums and in-game.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Quaggan Style!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Novu.1803

Novu.1803

To this day, I would still like the option for glider skins to work on tonics.

Posted by: Anat.1765

Anat.1765

I think obvious ones are things that look like they could be a glider but aren’t (i.e. glitter wings).

Also, rare prestigious gliders should exist, achievement based, raid rewards. If they do I don’t know, apologies.

Finally, weapons (i.e. Archeage)

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

BUMBLEBEEEEEE WINGS

Posted by: daimon.9876

daimon.9876

I see it is part of the list of suggestions you’ve provided, but I wanted to add something to the idea. I really like the idea of a racial glider skin for Sylvari.

Sylvari Glider Skin + Backpack combo

As a backpack, it would place a set of large leaves hanging down the back. When deployed as a glider, the giant leaves would unfurl and become a glider. Alternatively, flower buds as a backpack that “bloom” into a giant flower glider…maybe something like a white egret orchid. Or…something like that. Maybe your designers can come up with a better idea.

As another alternate idea which might look good on any character (not just a Sylvari), I like the idea of a glider/backpack combo that gives the character grasshopper wings – folded when a backpack, and out when gliding, with “buzzing” noise.

Ideally, it would automatically match the skin color choices of the character who wears it, just to make it even better.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Flappy bird glider!

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Swarm of Bats flying around you as a cool backpack/glider skin.

Kinda Looks like the Nightfury Skin (I dont use nightfury because its a shoulder skin + bats are cooler)

(edited by santenal.1054)

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

My idea for a glider is really not a glider but a jet pack that runs on the same engine that you have when you do the forward button, once the adrenaline power runs out then you can glide down, but when the adrenaline power is there you can fly up and around to get higher ground, perhaps to catch that updraft that you missed, you can swing around get to it.. just a thought.

Posted by: Noschiii.6819

Noschiii.6819

I would love to craft gliders at some point. Like a legendary glider for example based on the profession as I read here. A glider that changes based on my tempest attunement would be amazing. With crafting wings you could also make not gem skins available for trade. Most HoT stuff isn’t trade able which I think is sad for the economy. Couldn’t it just not be visible for non HoT players instead of making nearly everything account bound ?

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

A glider skin that’s available through mid-core pve.

Posted by: OpLickem.8250

OpLickem.8250

The Glide-r-Tron made it!!!! Wow!!! I am just bouncing off the walls right now! Thank you so much Anet for this. My asura thanks you also because he is able to really complete his full golem posse now hahaha. Man, I can’t believe this actually came to be! You guys are awesome <3 I can’t even manage to create a thoughtful, comprehensive post right now, that’s how excited I am. Just thank you so much!

Bloodcovered Backstabbin’ Blackjack the Blade, at your service.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Yep Glide-r-Tron is awesome! Now mini-r-tron? pwease?

Posted by: moonbow.7842

moonbow.7842

It would be nice to have new adventures where we go on quests to collect items to build or upgrade gliders. This would help to make a more rewarding gameplay experience. rather than just click in the gemstore for the glider/skin etc. But get a new mini quest/adventure and be rewarded at the end with whatever the quest objective was in the first place. This would work for anything not just gliders. Its also a way off upgrading or adding to the game. In general I would like to see lots more quests like GW1. (I would also like to see a power upgrade for gliders. like a hanglider with a propeller pack, jet pack, magic pack etc)

Posted by: alberte.2685

alberte.2685

I come from China, please forgive my English is not good.
First of all I say is GW2 did very bad in China, the main reason is that new props skin update too slow.

I see today’s update with new maps of PVE, new PVP map, a new layer. But I am very disappointed. In addition to the gem store update, no new PVE skin, without a new PVP mode, no new PVP skin, without a new layer of the skin.

GW2 really need more orange, pink skin quality, more PVP battle of 10 ~ 30.
GW2 there needs to be a skin gems mall, game content is updated one.

GW2 operating in China for two years, first year 10 months is not updated, the second year of 8 months is not updated. If still not improve for a long time, it is hard to imagine a Chinese company will have dared after operation ANET game…

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Clearly we need some Bloodstone shard themed wings backpack/glider with this update.
It can even have the same theme of the new backpack if you want. :P

Oh! Or perhaps you can add glider shard wings to your Bloodstone packpack?

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: GolgoXIII.8536

GolgoXIII.8536

Not really a suggestion on a glider but can we get dye modules on backpack/glider combo’s. The new shining blade backpack/glider combo is nice and looks cool but when you have the glider dyed it is somewhat jarring when you see the backpack a different colour and when you deploy the glider it changes colour. Or at the least if you have the backpack and the glider as a whole on your character the backpack takes the colour(s) of they dyed glider.

Posted by: Kuja.2503

Kuja.2503

Phoenix wings backpack skin to be sold as a combo with the phoenix wings glider. Those wings look incredible.

Could be fun to have the flying carpet and magic broom as gliders too!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

stealth wings, they make barely to no sound and are completely dyeable.

Attachments:

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Frost, snow, winter, etc. theme. I know there’s a snowflake glider but seriously, that thing looks like a 2 year old made it out of cardboard… Puke.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

I’m still waiting for a proper gliding jetpack! Just saying!

Posted by: Frigoris.7853

Frigoris.7853

It may have already been mentioned here, but the glittering wings backpack would be good.
Just have it pop out a few large transparent dragonfly wings in you’re gliding.

KayCee.4653

Seeing the new Bloodstone Fen got me thinking, could we get a different backpack/wing set that is crystalline structure based other than the branded back pack and Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings.

Maybe even make a skeletal wing set too without the membrane as well for necromancers and reapers.

Posted by: DaemonAngel.7643

DaemonAngel.7643

In case it hasn’t been suggested: Water Wings (you guys did with the flame wings for Phoenix). I want my asura and sylvari to fly like Lapis Lazuli in Steven Universe.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Bumblebee wings and bakcpack

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

A variation on the water bubble glider: a pink bubble-gum glider that pops on landing, splattering a short-lasting gum in a radius.

(Also, is it time this thread was as sticky at the top of the page?)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Parachute pants glider.

\o/

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Dragon wings backpack/glider combo!

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Worlds.7530

Worlds.7530

I need gilder looklike little pet and can switch to gilder during flying, my picture is explain all my idea.

Attachments:

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

Probably already been mentioned before but some gliders in the game would be nice, I mean NOT gemstore.
Ideally one for each order (need order back piece completed to purchase?)
One for each crafting profession , would be crafted?

Posted by: Raelgos.8197

Raelgos.8197

A pack “staf’s skin Riding Broom” and “Riding Broom Glider to fly astride a broom

or a

“Guild’s Glider” whith emblem of our guild

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

I want an effect glider that transforms the character into a black roiling cloud, similar to the human skill Reaper of Grenth/Necro and Reaper shrouds. The body turns black and a large swirling/smokey effect trails around and behind you as you fly. (Wing-like shapes are optional, it would look better without them.) And have an eerie sound effect.

It would be super great if there was an accent color that you could dye: eg in human’s Reaper of Grenth, there is a blue accent — let players dye the accent.

Consider a separate white version of the black, that turns the characters ghostly (like from Strawberry Ghosts) with Elementalist’s Mist Form around it. I would buy both of those. All these effects already exist, BAM, easy!

Halloween is coming up…

(edited by Udolpho.1209)

Posted by: preacher.9370

preacher.9370

at this point other then seeing the electric glider come back for my rev with bolt, mjolnir, and lightning catcher, i’d have to say i’d like the spinal blades as gliders

Posted by: CytexSeven.9870

CytexSeven.9870

I’d like to see a jetpack style glider. Taking a backpack skin like the Tempered Spinal Blades or a new design altogether. Though something like that may also take a new gliding animation to pull off.

~ Cytex VII; genius, philosopher and gentleman.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Introduce gliders you can get actually from in game. There are only 3 gliders you get regularly: the standard and the two from legendary backpacks.

There are now about 20-30 glinder skins and none others are available as an in game reward. For example, there are missed opportunities like the Soul River would have perfectly fit as a reward from Gorseval. It shows that this guy did this boss and it is a great incentive to do those bosses. I really liked that in WoW. Just do not monetize that much, I mean 2!!

Man, guys get grip and put some additional glider skins, I am sure in the end you profit more than just kittenting out a new buyable glider skins every two weeks.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

Uplifting Aria: similar to the bubble glider, the character plays a flute and is surrounded by (dyable) notes.

adding my vote for racial and orders based gliders

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I would like a 2 stage dye-able cape glider that is also a backpiece. The dye-able sections are a edge that completely goes around the edge of the cape and a solid center.

Then my Legendary Shazam character will be complete.

Posted by: Alaana Trafalgar.9823

Alaana Trafalgar.9823

I have no idea why Soul River Glider was taken from the pack and introduced as a stand-alone item in the Gem Store. I spent 2k gems just for the glider when the pack came out >_> I am very upset. I don`t need that outfit or the box with a weapon, why I had to buy the glider in the pack, if it is separated from now? ><