Gliding[PoI Today]

Gliding[PoI Today]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Thanks for the stream today! It was great. Those enemies look amazing. I really like the gliding too. I would suggest giving the players the ability to move the UI gliding timer-bar though. It gets in the way of flying and taking in the sights when it’s in the middle of the screen. It would be nice as a bar above the endurance bar. It would be a lot cleaner for sure.

The devs did a way better job of playing and showing off the game this time around. Nice work all!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

First 10 minutes wasted on some childrens coloring book no one cared about, gg.

I’m going to chat with Expansion Content Designer Nellie Hughes and Expansion Systems Designer David Webb about the Mastery system. We’ll get an overview of how the system works and what it does

^An outright lie, we saw gliding yes but we saw absolutely nothing about the mastery system itself.

The gliding and new zone was nice to see but the stream was mediocre at best.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

They dindt showed ul for mastery system…

But overall today was much better than last time.

Gliding itself feels clunky

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The gliding and new zone was interesting to see though. It was not much and nothing new was learned but since the last PoI I set my expectations as low as possible so it was alright I guess.

I thought they were supposed to show off/talk about the mastery system in more depth/examples? Did they not do that? (At work so can’t watch the episode yet)

From https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/points-of-interestextra-extra/

We’ll get an overview of how the system works and what it does, and we’ll take a look at some of the Masteries in action.

So this didn’t happen? Or was it just the same old info from the article? So I should just skip this episode since it didn’t give anymore info on the mastery system?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Alas, they didn’t tell us or show us anything we didn’t already know about the mastery system. Nevertheless, they really did show off part of the zone and hang gliding which looked AWESOME! The whole zone, the enemies, looked pretty sweet. All in all, I’m satisfied with what they showed.

Twitch chat was god awful though, what else is new?

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Personally; I felt it was lackluster.

Why do they feel the need to limit our view of the area to this one spot?

Why couldn’t they show us the UI for masteries… that could have been interesting.

Why couldn’t they show us the other mushrooms or show us anything else other than gliding and that 1 jumping mushroom in the one particular piece of land.

Honestly; I believe they’ll be better off giving all of this information at once than giving us these small and insignificant pieces that mean barely anything. I feel like what they showed here could have easily been shown last week; or shown next week. At least if it was done last week that PoI would have felt more significant, if it was shown next week maybe we’d be a bit more excited to get more information.

In the end… this grain by grain feeding of information is only making people cynical and angry.. this is anti-hype.

Gliding[PoI Today]

The gliding and new zone was interesting to see though. It was not much and nothing new was learned but since the last PoI I set my expectations as low as possible so it was alright I guess.

I thought they were supposed to show off/talk about the mastery system in more depth/examples? Did they not do that? (At work so can’t watch the episode yet)

We’ll get an overview of how the system works and what it does, and we’ll take a look at some of the Masteries in action.

So this didn’t happen? Or was it just the same old info from the article? So I should just skip this episode since it didn’t give anymore info on the mastery system?

Nope they didn’t unfortunately, mostly it was just one dev falling to her death the entire time. I edited my original comment.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

At one point, David said “We wanted to give gliders a sense of freedom.”

hypocrite

If its meant to feel free, then why give it an endurance bar? The character shown was supposedly decked out with Masteries to make the endurance bar longer, and it still felt so restrictive. Even with the Masteries, she was barely scraping jumps by the skin of her teeth, thats not freedom, thats just a good way to give someone a nervous twitch.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Malthurius.6870

hypocrite

If its meant to feel free, then why give it an endurance bar? The character shown was supposedly decked out with Masteries to make the endurance bar longer, and it still felt so restrictive. Even with the Masteries, she was barely scraping jumps by the skin of her teeth, thats not freedom, thats just a good way to give someone a nervous twitch.

Well, the alternative or comparison rather is no glider at all in the base game… that’s really what he meant. You can’t argue that this gives more freedom of movement than we had before.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Nope they didn’t unfortunately, mostly it was just one dev falling to her death the entire time. I edited my original comment.

Thanks. Looks like I’ll probably skip it then. I had hoped it would have had a better explanation of the mastery system (maybe even an alpha/beta/whatever stage pic of how it could look). I don’t really want examples of masteries (at least not yet), just a better picture of how the system as a whole will act (their article before wasn’t really clear).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Do people seriously not pay attention? I was typing on reddit and keeping a friend updated while watching the stream and even I saw more actual gliding than “falling to their death”.

They gave an explanation of how masteries will work, and how masteries will tie into one another. For instance, the unbeatable boss until you learned an ability from a particular race, which would require some level of lore mastery to gain access to. Actual progress in mastery tracks has already been covered in the blog post, and we can make reasonable assumptions as to what it may be like by looking at existing, similar, progression systems.

They also showcased bouncing mushrooms, which is another ability gained through masteries, and explained that there will be many other types of mushrooms. They also explained how mastery points are obtained, which is in much the same way as skill points. The difference is that some mastery points will require having masteries unlocked to actually get to (the very first point they showed requires some level of gliding mastery).

They talked about a lot more, and there were a LOT of subtleties in the stream if people paid attention.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Malthurius.6870

Thanks. Looks like I’ll probably skip it then. I had hoped it would have had a better explanation of the mastery system (maybe even an alpha/beta/whatever stage pic of how it could look). I don’t really want examples of masteries (at least not yet), just a better picture of how the system as a whole will act (their article before wasn’t really clear).

They did explain that masteries will basically be a gate for content. They mentioned encounters that will require specific masteries, and that masteries won’t give you bar abilities, but mostly the abilities to interact with objects in the world in a way you couldn’t before. Also how masteries will allow you to reach places otherwise impossible to reach. So, it really is metroidvania style.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

hypocrite

They never said she wad decked out with masteries. And at one point they mentioned that her mastery points was at all of “2” so I’m guessing she’s at the base limit of masteries not at the end…

Gliding[PoI Today]

Rashy.4165

hypocrite

They never said she wad decked out with masteries. And at one point they mentioned that her mastery points was at all of “2” so I’m guessing she’s at the base limit of masteries not at the end…

They mentioned that only a few abilities were unlocked. Those few abilities allowed them to reach the first mastery point they showed. Mastery points let you unlock the track, but actual progression of the track doesn’t depend on mastery points. Abilities are gained as the track progresses (which is just a question of time, or how often you used abilities, perhaps).

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

They talked a lot about all the stuff we already know about masteries, almost as just a kind of fluff to fill space in the video.
They did show off a lot of gliding, and spent like 10 minutes jumping on the same mushroom.
Some new stuff I caught in the video though;
gliding is performed by just pressing jump a second time any time you’re in the air. I think you press jump a third time to drop out of the glider.
You can activate and deactivate the glider freely mid-air, and the endurance seems to recover over time. So you don’t have to really worry about running out of endurance and falling straight to your death.
The separate “biomes” they mentioned, like the ground and canopy levels of the jungle, actually are distinct zones unfortunately. If you drop out of the canopy, you get an auto-death like pits in platformer games.
There are a bunch of different kinds of mushrooms activated by masteries, not just jumping ones. There’s ones for stuff like speed boosts and healing as well. Apparently you can use ones like the healing to run over and heal yourself in a fight, helping to pull the environment into combat more.
Big wind-up attacks from enemies you’re supposed to dodge place a big glowing marker on the ground that both makes it obvious the attack is coming, and shows you where it’ll hit.
Enemies can dodge sometimes, just like the player.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Gliding[PoI Today]

Malthurius.6870

The separate “biomes” they mentioned, like the ground and canopy levels of the jungle, actually are distinct zones unfortunately. If you drop out of the canopy, you get an auto-death like pits in platformer games.

I’m not entirely convinced this is true; since it seemed they were in an instanced area of a much larger zone, and the kill plane at the bottom of the pit might just be there to keep the player fenced in while instanced.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

The ultimate answer to most of these questions is — because the expansion isn’t done yet, and may even change between now and release.

Why this one spot? Because it’s the most finished.
Why not UI for masteries? Because it may change before release.
Why just 1 mushroom? Because it’s probably not done.

Think about it from the dev team’s view — they have to finish that content enough to show it, so they’re going to focus on that one bit they’ve finished and polished.

Also, the community tends to react poorly when they remove/change stuff between previews and release. If something works differently, people feel lied to.

Besides, if they did show everything, everyone would say “Why isn’t it out already?”

Personally; I felt it was lackluster.

Why do they feel the need to limit our view of the area to this one spot?

Why couldn’t they show us the UI for masteries… that could have been interesting.

Why couldn’t they show us the other mushrooms or show us anything else other than gliding and that 1 jumping mushroom in the one particular piece of land.

Honestly; I believe they’ll be better off giving all of this information at once than giving us these small and insignificant pieces that mean barely anything. I feel like what they showed here could have easily been shown last week; or shown next week. At least if it was done last week that PoI would have felt more significant, if it was shown next week maybe we’d be a bit more excited to get more information.

In the end… this grain by grain feeding of information is only making people cynical and angry.. this is anti-hype.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Malthurius.6870

That’s exactly what people fear… and that’s really bad considering the client they were on said “beta” and they have a demo to present at Pax East in a few weeks.

Compared to the base game; they’ve been excruciatingly tight lipped about the content so far…

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

I actually prefer them to stick to the same place like they did.
I know there’s a beta coming up, but honestly, I don’t want them to show most of the zone just so people can satisfy their spoilerrific urges.
I get that people want to see stuff, because it’s annoying to wait with only a few informations, but let’s be honest here : wouldn’t that be better to actually discover everything WHILE playing, rather than watching everything in videos beforehand and be all like “yeah I’ve already seen that in the last stream, let’s just farm” when finally the expansion would be available ?

Gliding[PoI Today]

Rashy.4165

That’s exactly what people fear… and that’s really bad considering the client they were on said “beta” and they have a demo to present at Pax East in a few weeks.

Compared to the base game; they’ve been excruciatingly tight lipped about the content so far…

The demo they’ll present will likely be an expanded version of what they’re showing here.

Typically, demos are produced after most of their assets are done for world building. Say, you have all of the necessary building blocks in place, all of your core system functionality is in place, and all you’re really working on is finishing touches, adding in the necessary artwork, fixing up any issues that pop up, tweaking a few UI elements or some features. Portions of that can then be instanced and released as a demo.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Iason Evan.3806

My hope is that the mastery system for Maguuma Wastes isn’t linear. I would hate to earn 1 mastery point, spend it on gliding, jump to another mastery point unlock on a ledge with a only a mushroom and then be forced to unlock that mastery in order to jump up higher and repeat the process. I really hope there are multiple ways to progress through the map.

If there is a choice between combat or flying around and I spent the bulk of my points in gliding, I would hope that the next ledge wouldn’t be designed too far away for me to avoid the combat encounter. That’s the kind of freedom with this system that should be in the game.

If you are going to gate game play at least let us choose which gate we want to enter by.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Rashy.4165

If you are going to gate game play at least let us choose which gate we want to enter by.

I think that’s how it will work, to an extent. They mentioned one example of being able to take down a boss by learning a special ability from a specific race, which would require lore mastery to discover/communicate with that race. Perhaps they could introduce other races which gives alternative abilities for taking down the same boss.

The system could grow to the point where unlocking one mastery allows you to unlock many more masteries, or unlocking a set of masteries is needed to unlock one mastery. It could be a massive web of interconnected masteries and abilities. Or maybe even choosing a way to unlock a specific mastery by unlocking one of five possible masteries.

If you could keep up with that, highfives. XD

I do very much like the idea of integrated and interweaved masteries and abilities.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Iason Evan.3806

I think that’s how it will work, to an extent. They mentioned one example of being able to take down a boss by learning a special ability from a specific race, which would require lore mastery to discover/communicate with that race. Perhaps they could introduce other races which gives alternative abilities for taking down the same boss.

The system could grow to the point where unlocking one mastery allows you to unlock many more masteries, or unlocking a set of masteries is needed to unlock one mastery. It could be a massive web of interconnected masteries and abilities. Or maybe even choosing a way to unlock a specific mastery by unlocking one of five possible masteries.

If you could keep up with that, highfives. XD

I do very much like the idea of integrated and interweaved masteries and abilities.

I do follow you(high five)and I hope you are correct. There is nothing worse than walking into a fight with a bunch of baddies in a game and having only one way to clear them all out or having one way be the far superior way of doing it.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

1. Because that area will be the demo area. This also explains the “falling to her death.” If you paid attention to the dialogue box that popped up when she died, it said “you are leaving the playable area for this demo.” When the actual game comes out, that fall will be a lot longer.
2. No idea on this one.
3. Because that was the only mushroom in the demo area.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Gliding[PoI Today]

No excuse, just put a ‘work in progress’ tag on it just like the Beta had.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Gliding[PoI Today]

Rashy.4165

1. Because that area will be the demo area. This also explains the “falling to her death.” If you paid attention to the dialogue box that popped up when she died, it said “you are leaving the playable area for this demo.” When the actual game comes out, that fall will be a lot longer.

It would be kind of cool to fall all the way from the peak of the Pact fleet (Glory of Tyria) to the bottom of the jungle floor, or maybe into a pit which takes you even further underground into the roots of the jungle.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m going to chat with Expansion Content Designer Nellie Hughes and Expansion Systems Designer David Webb about the Mastery system. We’ll get an overview of how the system works and what it does

^An outright lie, we saw gliding yes but we saw absolutely nothing about the mastery system itself.

The gliding and new zone was nice to see but the stream was mediocre at best.

Not completely right. She communed at a Mastery point (like a skill point place) when they finally got started and I saw a Mastery point gained icon on the lower right of the screen when she used the cannon/gun on the mordrem below (she commented on it when it popped). And they talked about the thick wings, combat, learning languages and skills from other races, and about how you need to get mastery points to use jumping mushrooms and how you can’t get full credit on all events till you do, and the mushrooms other buffs.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It would be kind of cool to fall all the way from the peak of the Pact fleet (Glory of Tyria) to the bottom of the jungle floor, or maybe into a pit which takes you even further underground into the roots of the jungle.

That thought really makes me hope there’s a falling damage achievement. If such a fall is possible, I’d love to see the max possible numbers.

I think it will invlove using a Necro, though. Bear Form won’t last long enough for the fall :p

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Thanks for the feedback, everyone–we had fun with this one! Dave and Nellie are both first-timers on PoI and I really enjoyed having them on.

I’m glad to hear that so many of you liked what you saw. A couple of notes to help clarify:

Nellie didn’t have the full gliding mastery line filled out. She had the initial ability to glide unlocked and I think thick wings. Anything beyond that we didn’t touch, because this wasn’t an in-depth, heavy exploration. It was just an overview of how the system works and what it does.

Hey, that last thing sounds familiar! I’m pretty much always going to tell you what you’re going to get. If you’re going to get a show about the revenant, I’ll let you know. If you’re going to get a show about specializations, I’ll tell you. If the show will be an overview of masteries, you’ll know ahead of time so you can decide if that’s something you want to watch or not. We may not be ready to do a full reveal of every feature or item you were hoping for, but you will know in plenty of time what’s coming to the show.

For the purposes of this episode, Dave had a lot of information to share as the systems designer while Nellie spent time moving around the map as much as possible so the viewers could see lots of the map. One great piece of feedback I got last week was that the character on screen wasn’t moving around nearly enough, and the view was static and boring. It was a good point—this is a brand-new map and you all want to see more of it, so she kept moving to give you all a constantly-changing view as best she could. I think she did a great job.

As far as player out-of-game projects, Points of Interest is now 16 episodes and nearly eight months in. Player projects have been a part of the show for a long time. On every single show we’ll see at least a few viewers belittle their fellow players’ hard work because it’s not something they are personally interested in by claiming that literally “no one cares”, diminishing the work by making it sound like less than it is, insulting the artist personally, and so on. Of course none of the claims are true.

All of us here at ArenaNet have enormous respect for these creations, the artists who create them, and the work and talent involved. It’s why we give them our time and attention on PoI. They deserve it. All of you creating outside of the game, you have my respect and admiration. Keep it up!

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

For the purposes of this episode, Dave had a lot of information to share as the systems designer while Nellie spent time moving around the map as much as possible so the viewers could see lots of the map. One great piece of feedback I got last week was that the character on screen wasn’t moving around nearly enough, and the view was static and boring. It was a good point—this is a brand-new map and you all want to see more of it, so she kept moving to give you all a constantly-changing view as best she could. I think she did a great job.

I’d like to say that I enjoyed this episode. The constant movement while talking about the features was wonderful. I was really hoping to see the Mastery GUI. Just seems to me that the reveals are being a bit too stretched out (not anything bad about your show, just in general). If we are going to show Mastery, let’s actually show them. Don’t have to show them all, but give us howw they work in full, not just small teasers. But that is more for Anet as a whole.

Overall, I was happy with the show and thought it was worlds ahead of last week so you obviously are learning and taking feedback as you go. Well done!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

I was really hoping to see the Mastery GUI. Don’t have to show them all, but give us howw they work in full, not just small teasers.

Those are things that aren’t ready to be shown yet, simple as that. But since we do have some things that are ready to be shown, we figured it’d be more fun for everyone involved if we let you see those things rather than nothing at all.

Thanks again for the feedback–it’s so great to hear that you enjoyed it!

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

snip

take the feedback and constructive criticism, but don’t let some of the more, err, “passionate” fans get to you. the show was enjoyable and i got out of it exactly what i wanted to see (the gliding). speaking of which, tell the 3D art guys to work on some animations for glide-strafing if they don’t have the yet on the list :P

and for what it’s worth, i thought the GAF coloring book was hilarious.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Gliding[PoI Today]

Rashy.4165

Nellie didn’t have the full gliding mastery line filled out. She had the initial ability to glide unlocked and I think thick wings.

Good to know! Really looking forward to seeing how updrafts work, PAX East cannot arrive sooner.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

hypocrite

When they mentioned the level being replaced by the mastery points they said her account only had two points. Obviously 1 point in gliding and 1 in Mushrooms. As they mention there are many upgrades which will open up the freedom and give a sense of accomplishment by achieving it. I highly recommend listening to the stream rather than twitch chat.

IGN: Aussie Archer

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

I was really hoping to see the Mastery GUI. Don’t have to show them all, but give us howw they work in full, not just small teasers.

Those are things that aren’t ready to be shown yet, simple as that. But since we do have some things that are ready to be shown, we figured it’d be more fun for everyone involved if we let you see those things rather than nothing at all.

Completely understandable but it feels like your attempting to draw out the hype and it’s seemingly backfiring.

Rather than announcing a stream, drawing it out prior to starting, showing off fan art then jumping around in an unplanned manner would it not be wise to make a 30second – 3min youtube clip with the highlights?

Perhaps showing successful jumps, gliding, mobs etc and releasing the vods without telling us they are coming. Simply for the purpose of stopping the wave effect. That is a build up followed by a crash. You could even take it slightly further by releasing a mini forum post with info about the video.

Edit: I know this takes time to produce a decent quality ‘montage’ but would it not be more productive then to take time from 1 person rather than 3?

IGN: Aussie Archer

(edited by aussieheals.6843)

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

I for one noticed several improvements that were made based off the feedback of the previous episode. Keep up the good work!

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

They also showcased bouncing mushrooms

Bouncing mushrooms? Like those things in SAB?

The table is a fable.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Very much like. You stand on one, hit F, and get flung high up.

I wonder if the F is needed, or if they can put some in that fling you just for stepping on them. That could cause some amusement with inattentive players, but also give a faster pace like the jump pads in Dragon Ball.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

The F is necessary, because you can only use them with the proper Mastery.
Even ignoring what difficulty there may or may not be in working out the mechanics, it’d be illogical to need a trained skill to achieve something that seems automatic.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Thanks for the feedback, everyone–we had fun with this one! Dave and Nellie are both first-timers on PoI and I really enjoyed having them on.

If their first time in front of a camera then I think they did a wonderful job. I hope they come back again sometime.

As far as player out-of-game projects,

People who belittle other peoples creations need to be perma-banned.

Most of the stuff I’ve seen on POI isn’t something I generally care about; mostly because I have different tastes than whomever created it, but it is nice to see that fans have the passion to create something inspired by GW2. Anyone who puts effort into creating something deserves respect.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Can you ask the devs if it will be ready for Pax East?

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The information is being dripped in like an IV. I’d like to see and know more if I spend 30min watching.

On the positive it’s good to see some criticism and suggestions being taken to heart.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I was kinda hoping for a -little- bit more than what was shown, maybe like showing off one of the combat abilities or more importantly one of the other mushroom types (so excited to play with those speed ones xD).

Also, Idk about everyone else but i thought the coloring book was pretty awesome.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Gliding[PoI Today]

Malthurius.6870

I was kinda hoping for a -little- bit more than what was shown, maybe like showing off one of the combat abilities or more importantly one of the other mushroom types (so excited to play with those speed ones xD).

^this

I just think it would be wise to hold off on revealing features in PoI until they’re a bit more “prepared”. The negative reaction might not be as volatile if these features are shown in a more complete form. Doesn’t have to be complete mind you, but just enough so we can actually see what’s being discussed.

“We have these cool mushrooms that give you speed boosts to complete certain adventures”, cool… I’d like to see it. If you can’t show it to me then you might as well write a blog.

So… in that sense, maybe it would have been a better idea to hold off on this “bonus” PoI and just stuck to the regular schedule so you maybe could have shown more of the feature a week later. People tune into the stream to be shown and not told generally.

A little bit off the beaten topic… but I am a little bit sad to see ArenaNet so scared of being transparent with features not yet finalized. I understand people get upset when features get cut down for whatever technical reason… but it feels like the backlash from drip info is possibly just as bad… maybe worse.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Corvus.5836

Corvus.5836

Personally I was more interested in the new enemies that were dancing around in the background, they looked phenomenal and the same can be said about the new environment.
However, this is the only reason I watch PoI anymore. Comparing what I watched and heard on the stream to what I read in Dulfy’s summary of a few bullet points . . . I realized I’d rather not be dragged through a trough of fan art only to hear info we got three weeks ago and just quickly read about it somewhere else.

I love GW2 to death but I’ve always wished they’d kick the community engagement into overdrive. I feel more connected, welcomed and excited to see new posts in my Blizzard client for Hearthstone and Diablo (which I play maybe 3 hours a month of each) than I do for anything related to PoI or GW2.

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

@ Rubi (and Anet!):

I LOVE PoI!!!

Keep it on. It is always interesting to watch, not only for the things that you show and you talk about, but for the people that you bring into the stream. Thank you PoI team!

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Umh. I actually thought that the manual disguised as a colouring book was neat and would love to take a closer look at it. I’d like to be actually able to read the text too.

I did learn a new thing about Masteries watching PoI. I had hoped mastery points would work like WvW abilities giving me a chance to try different approaches, but I’ll survive with the fully account bound system. Well, until I fall from the sky anyway.

I never miss an episode of PoI if I can help it. It is nice to see the real people behind the game. Now, with HoT coming I’ll take these bite-sized info treats one by one. Eventually it adds up to a full box of chocolates. (I confess I’d be delighted to devour it all at once though.)

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

i usually couldnt give less of a darn about mini pets…but if there isnt a mordremutt sometime in the future available in the gem store then i will be actually upset. Thats so stupid i need to have it

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

This was what I wanted most from the episode before.
I’m so glad it happened here.
I’ll admit to wishing she grabbed the other light on the plateau every time she shroom jumped, but that’s just my child-like excitement taking over.

This was a great starting template on how PoI episodes with content we can’t play should go.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Gliding[PoI Today]

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i usually couldnt give less of a darn about mini pets…but if there isnt a mordremutt sometime in the future available in the gem store then i will be actually upset. Thats so stupid i need to have it

would buy

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell