Gliding system and Armor set designs etc....

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Dear Anet,

Im also a long time fan of GW1 and GW2 but recently burned out with GW2 after playing a long time. Playing Aion NA atm and kinda enjoying It ex. Flying and grinding It feels nice sometimes. Anyway let me point out what im expecting in the incoming expac.

Gliding and wind stream system. Please make sure if your going to do this it will be better than Aion they have the similar system for alternative way of travel and its amazing….take a look.

http://youtu.be/2XGkjI1pK_U

ARMOR designs. Lets face it GW2 armor sets has horrible designs but you can make it right in the expac. I dunno why Aion like games have superb armor designs? Its the designer that lacks imagination? If this game are all about cosmetics then be the best! Not comparing but just an example. Just have a look.

http://youtu.be/3_UFDZ8WtXo

Lastly, please add a litte grinding (skins, skills etc ) cause sometimes it feels nice when you finally got what you want by grinding for it. And oh please make the new skills animation look cooler I know you want this guys… and finally add a UI for cons makes our life easier.

hope this will make it to the expac and you’ll win another old time fan.

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Dear Anet,

Im also a long time fan of GW1 and GW2 but recently burned out with GW2 after playing a long time. Playing Aion NA atm and kinda enjoying It ex. Flying and grinding It feels nice sometimes. Anyway let me point out what im expecting in the incoming expac.

Gliding and wind stream system. Please make sure if your going to do this it will be better than Aion they have the similar system for alternative way of travel and its amazing….take a look.

http://youtu.be/2XGkjI1pK_U

ARMOR designs. Lets face it GW2 armor sets has horrible designs but you can make it right in the expac. I dunno why Aion like games have superb armor designs? Its the designer that lacks imagination? If this game are all about cosmetics then be the best! Not comparing but just an example. Just have a look.

Lastly, please add a litte grinding (skins, skills etc ) cause sometimes it feels nice when you finally got what you want by grinding for it. And oh please make the new skills animation look cooler I know you want this guys… and finally add a UI for cons makes our life easier.

So basically turn GW2 into a Korean mmo. Yeah no thanks.

“Gliding and wind stream system. Please make sure if your going to do this it will be better than Aion they have the similar system for alternative way of travel and its amazing….take a look.” – The gliding system seems like it was thrown in as an afterthought, Aion was built with the gliding/flying system in mind from the beginning.

“Lets face it GW2 armor sets has horrible designs” – talk about subjective.
“I dunno why Aion like games have superb armor designs?” – You mean the staple Korean as all hell armor designs where it looks like they take out all practicality by making them flashy? Such as: http://i.imgur.com/HZyO5.jpg
Granted yes they look nice but in a game like GW2 they won’t fit at all, they clash with the aesthetic.

“Lastly, please add a litte grinding (skins, skills etc ) cause sometimes it feels nice when you finally got what you want by grinding for it.” – see any dungeon armors or luminescent/carapace armors/legendaries/sub-legendaries.

Your entire post looks like you’re trying to make GW2 into Aion because you keep bringing it up.

WingLegacy.7159

Wow you call kitten design flashy? So negative. Gw2 wants to be revolutionized then it needs to beat those existing system as per EXAMPLE above. You got it? Thats was an example. And read carefully before you answer, whats wrong to grind for skins? Thats exactly what GW2 has now. So dont cry here and say oh you want gw2 turn into korean mmo? Oh common…

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d take most GW2 sets over those armor sets you linked in the video any day. Especially since they’re supposed to be plate armor (at least according to the video title) but they look thin and weightless.

But that’s my personal taste and opinion. If you prefer Aion’s design that’s perfectly fine, but you shouldn’t be saying things like “GW2 armor is terrible” just because you prefer another style

Posted by: Firezzzz.1836

Firezzzz.1836

Anet is trying to stay clear of everything you just said. They knew not everyone was going to like it, but for me it is perfect. If you found your cup of thee with Aion be happy about and play those games.

Drohakin ~ Blacktide

Posted by: Uciupuciu.8647

Uciupuciu.8647

So, you want more grind?

xD

No thanks.

My GW2 Wishes:
Add more weapons
Add the mounts :DD AND MAKE CHARRS LOOKS LIKE THIS

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

And lose a few hundred at the same time….

I respectfully disagree on this matter.
To a vast majority (I hope I’m right) the GW armor is some of the best out there, while retaining it’s fantasy theme, they are beautifully designed to reflect a functional armor.

Anet always does it differently

Attachement: Armor from GW1 (thats what I’m talkin about ;p )

Attachments:

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

ya know op… some people play gw2 to basically escape everything you just listed. For me personally its these….armor designs. If thats plate armor then im granny smith. Cept…maybe 2-3 sets in the vid all these armors looks like a light armor…or something light armor like, not like they are ugly or something but they are really not gw..cept some designs that really look mesmer to me. The gliding we get may or may not be an afterthought..but its a mechanic for a few maps and most likely meant to get used to traverse the extremely vertical designs we gonna get and to avoid that all 3 seconds some of us lemmings falls of the cliffs and to his\her certain doom…just watch the HoT trailer, whats shown is vertical to the max. Grinding? Yea right.. lets not do that. I played aion quite some time ago…made myself a gladiator and had one of these big halberd thingies. Looked like a cool game but that grind was mindnumbing… i played for about a week and i saw 1 greatsword drop, zero new armors and i think i made it to lvl 20…after fighting the same darn tribe of hamster people (heck i dunno anymore how they where called) for days on end….so yea if you propose to make aion wars 2 i gonna tell ya… nope. Want a grind? Make a legendary and dont cheat (aka dont buy the precursor or the mats you need for it)

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

WingLegacy.7159

ya know op… some people play gw2 to basically escape everything you just listed. For me personally its these….armor designs. If thats plate armor then im granny smith. Cept…maybe 2-3 sets in the vid all these armors looks like a light armor…or something light armor like, not like they are ugly or something but they are really not gw..cept some designs that really look mesmer to me. The gliding we get may or may not be an afterthought..but its a mechanic for a few maps and most likely meant to get used to traverse the extremely vertical designs we gonna get and to avoid that all 3 seconds some of us lemmings falls of the cliffs and to his\her certain doom…just watch the HoT trailer, whats shown is vertical to the max. Grinding? Yea right.. lets not do that. I played aion quite some time ago…made myself a gladiator and had one of these big halberd thingies. Looked like a cool game but that grind was mindnumbing… i played for about a week and i saw 1 greatsword drop, zero new armors and i think i made it to lvl 20…after fighting the same darn tribe of hamster people (heck i dunno anymore how they where called) for days on end….so yea if you propose to make aion wars 2 i gonna tell ya… nope. Want a grind? Make a legendary and dont cheat (aka dont buy the precursor or the mats you need for it)

Don’t talk to me about Legendaries I have 5 of them and sold 3 in tp and buying prec in tp is cheating? Lol! Its either you dont know how the game works or you’re new to the game. Smartest way to make legendary is to farm gold and buy prec rather than burning it to mystic toilet. Post above is just merely a suggestion and wow you guys are already crying now I understand why Anet dumb down the leveling process. Oh yeah I forgot Gw2 has become very casual I guess you can ignore the post above….

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Don’t talk to me about Legendaries I have 5 of them and sold 3 in tp and buying prec in tp is cheating? Lol! Its either you dont know how the game works or you’re new to the game. Smartest way to make legendary is to farm gold and buy prec rather than burning it to mystic toilet. Post above is just merely a suggestion and wow you guys are already crying now I understand why Anet dumb down the leveling process. Oh yeah I forgot Gw2 has become very casual I guess you can ignore the post above….

nobody is crying here cept actually you lol. Gw2 is like it is…take it or leave it be. Gw2 was designed to be different from other mmos rather then doing what most of them do. If you want grind, aion armor sets and gliding like in aion you might aswell play aion. As for the grind suggestion i gave ya… what makes it a bad suggestion? If you grind for enough exotics to dump over and over into the forge and also grind all the mats you need by hand without ever touching the tp to buy em then you got a massive grind that should keep you busy for years. And i play the game since 2 years now and i do hate the NPE even if i fail to see what this got to do with my post or the topic in general. If you wanna call me a dirty noob to make yourself feel superior to me then just do it and skip the bs.