Go have fun.

Go have fun.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

You’ll get replies from both camps on this one – do you have your Flame Resistant Coat of the Thornbuster on?

Y’see, to me, I don’t like to “work” at a game. A game, for me, is something to enjoy and have fun with. And yes, I am having fun.

But you must admit, there are some aspects that are completely insane. For me – and I’d assume others will say differently – there was one chapter of my PS that I died in over and over again, leaving me (or rather, my ranger) in nowt but his fig leaf. Maybe I didn’t suss the technique, I dunno, but it made me want to give up.

I’m not trying to troll or flame you, but sometimes something grates badly and that upsets folk.

EDIT: name of coat. Got kittened although where I come from the word is completely non-offensive.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

(edited by Flatley.1620)

Go have fun.

Posted by: Oceanne.2847

Oceanne.2847

but sometimes something grates badly and that upsets folk.

Yeah, this is not specific to this game. All games have those.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Another thread where a player whines about other players whining…… The op feels the need to name call if other players don’t share the same views. Op, if you don’t agree with other players’ criticisms of the game share your opposing view. No need for the attempt to discredit other views with name calling.

Go have fun.

Flatley.1620

but sometimes something grates badly and that upsets folk.

Yeah, this is not specific to this game. All games have those.

True enough but folk like to vent and here, on these forums, is where the venting can sometimes take place.

From what I understand, GW2 was initially a big pull for the casual gamer. Casual gamers like to achieve stuff with something they shelled out for. Making stuff hard will turn them away – or at least some.

Personally, I like a challenge, but not something that just creates frustration. And, the awkward thing is, you can’t please all the folk all the time.

Go have fun.

Oceanne.2847

Another thread where a player whines about other players whining……

I am not whining, I am trying to influence and motivate whiners to get out there and give the best they can. Is that wrong?

Go have fun.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

The gist of this post is solid, having a positive attitude and a willingness to try definitely make for a better experience. I also think that it’s good for entertainment to challenge the consumer in some way.

However, it shouldn’t make us upset or uncomfortable. That’s the point where walking away and requesting changes are both valid.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

What I would like to know is; If your highest level character is 52 then is there anything in HOT for me?

Go have fun.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Hmmm.. Looks like somebody ranting on the forum about other somebodies ranting on the forum. Fancy that.

Go have fun.

Flatley.1620

What I would like to know is; If your highest level character is 52 then is there anything in HOT for me?

Great question actually. I’ve never tried that but the stuff in there is aimed at 80’s. My suspicion is that you’ll end up a stain on the landscape. I’d love to know if lower level could do it though!

Go have fun.

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Not really. HoT is 80 level content.

Go have fun.

Dashingsteel.3410

Op, your post isn’t motivating. It is condescending and insulting of other players point of view. There have been many valid criticisms of HoT and how it has changed this game in a negative way.

I guess the difference between vanilla gw2 and Hot is that players didn’t have to force themselves into a certain “attitude” to enjoy vanilla gw2.

Go have fun.

Oceanne.2847

Op, your post isn’t motivating. It is condescending and insulting of other players point of view.

I am sorry, not my intention.

Go have fun.

Posted by: munki.6402

munki.6402

I am all for constructive criticism and I appreciate those that offer it consistently. On the other hand, it is apparently really edgy to simply complain about games, so your post might fall on many deaf ears, OP.

4/1/15 forum meltdown survivor

Go have fun.

DoctorDing.5890

Op, your post isn’t motivating. It is condescending and insulting of other players point of view.

Of course it was your intention. How can this para be construed as anything other than insulting? :

I mean, what’s wrong with you guys? What kind of spoiled players are you? You’re so used to be given all you want all the time that when some game doesn’t fit in ALL your little expectations and desires you’ll just complain and whine and complain some more, even cry out loud and make an absurd show of yourself until you’re heard? Babies do that.

Go have fun.

Dashingsteel.3410

That you feel the need to give a “motivational” post speaks volumes about HoT and its effect on gw2.

Go have fun.

Oceanne.2847

Maybe I went too far, still, wasn’t intended to insult.

Go have fun.

Jahroots.6791

There’s always been a school of thought that harsh criticism and shaming motivates people to do improve. Personally, I have always questioned the motives of people who try to do this to others. It’s also entirely out of line in this context.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

Great question actually. I’ve never tried that but the stuff in there is aimed at 80’s. My suspicion is that you’ll end up a stain on the landscape. I’d love to know if lower level could do it though!

That settles it then, I will spend the money (burning kitten in my pocket) on gems instead.

Go have fun.

Posted by: munki.6402

munki.6402

That you feel the need to give a “motivational” post speaks volumes about HoT and its effect on gw2.

No it doesn’t. It speaks to the group of people on this forum. I see plenty of people in HoT zones and play through the meta’s all the time. HP trains, meta organization, etc. Are all of these people masochists? There certainly are those who are dissatisfied with HoT. But there are likely just as many who enjoy it. (myself included)

4/1/15 forum meltdown survivor

Go have fun.

DoctorDing.5890

Joote, slightly off-topic but HoT would let you create a revenant to play, which you could level up in core maps. Apart from that there is not much more in HoT until you hit level 80.

Go have fun.

Dashingsteel.3410

There is a fun factor to HoT but only if you work hard enough. Lol what an advertisement for a game.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Cecylio.1286

Cecylio.1286

OP, you have a point. So many people complaining. I’m complaining now, that people are complaining that you’re complaining on people complaining. No, no inception joke here.

People have right to complain. You can’t satisfy everyone. But at the same time, I think most of such topics are pointless and stupid. People are complaing and demanding something impossible, like to change whole classes or huge parts of content. If you don’t like it that much, it means the game is not for you, cause it does not satisfy you for some reason.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Ahh yes, complaining about complaining.

Much more mature than a customer communicating displeasure to a service provider when his/her expectations of a product are not met.

You are aware that you do not have to read posts of a sort that you do not like right? Whining about posts that you could choose to skip…is that any less infantile than a paying customer expressing an opinion of the product for which they paid? Perhaps quite a bit more?

The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Crica.1503

Crica.1503

In this thread : people who think things could be better and ppl who think things are already good enough telling each other they complain too much… LOL!

If I don’t like it, I won’t do it.

(edited by Crica.1503)

Go have fun.

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

What kind of stupid thread is this? What the hell’s the matter with you? You think we complaining coz we got nothing better to do? You got that right! But you ever tried to think why we got nothing better to do? Could it be coz this game sucks now? Coz the game we used to love was turned into a pointless pile of horsekitten. That’s why we come here on this would-be forum. Almost everything HoT added was superficial, uninspired and pointless. Nothing was expanded on. Some stuff was even taken away from GW2, and then locked behind HoT just to make us buy that crap. And for what? To get another $50 from players. You think that’s actual “content” you got after you paid for empty promises? Hell, if they’d asked for $20 a piece for doing absolutely nothing (zero effort on their part), they probably would have more profit. But no. They had to try and be like Blizz. Coz that’s the big thing. “Look at WoW. We have to beat that. Make big expansion. Treat players like cattle, they’ll like it.” And sure enough, I am seeing some rather idiotic new players, who keep dying in open PvE even as their OP “elite” specializations. You have to be kittenting me. You can’t get more kittened than that. And they have the ability to mapchat, as if they can ever say anything sensible. And they get to put some stupid pointless “mentor” tags for obviously not knowing kitten about this game.
On the other hand, I have bored vets, kittened with the new kids, trolling everyone in all manners possible.
Go have fun? I am having fun right now. This is the best kind of fun this """expansion""" has left me with. Exchanging pleasantries with random challenged individuals who regard logical thought as a thing of the past; and who think that “reading between the lines” means to read every other line.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

(edited by LoL NooBs.5076)

Go have fun.

Oceanne.2847

I am terribly sorry for frustrating and offending all of those who think I attacked them in their rights to be unhappy about the expansion. Please take my apology.

Back on what I was saying:

The game offers a rich environnement filled will all sorts of challenges for noobs to experimented players and I do not understand players who want everything with as less efforts as possible. Those players want the game to be “changed”, “molded” to their lower standards so they can have everything they want. I think it is absurd.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I am terribly sorry for frustrating and offending all of those who think I attacked them in their rights to be unhappy about the expansion. Please take my apology.

Back on what I was saying:

The game offers a rich environnement filled will all sorts of challenges for noobs to experimented players and I do not understand players who want everything with as less efforts as possible. Those players want the game to be “changed”, “molded” to their lower standards so they can have everything they want. I think it is absurd.

If you are comparing people to crying babies you should recognize that it will be taken as an insult. They dont just “think” you were being insulting, you were.

I should point out that your OP wasnt about molding the game to lower standards so people could have everything they want. You spoke of finding the game boring, of certain content being disliked, etc. Those are not lowered standards, those are different preferences than your own. You are calling people names, insulting them, attacking them…for liking different things than you do. For being different than you.

In what other context do you think it is appropriate to berate people for being different than you?

Go have fun.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

For those upset with the OP, do you at least understand what ideology he is attempting to convey?

Also, how would you word that mindset in an inspirational way to convince others to just have fun?

NSPride <3

Go have fun.

Oceanne.2847

I deleted my OP, feeling very sorry that I had said bad things that are going nowhere without being able to clearly express what I wanted to say. No need to talk more about this. Hope Anet deletes the thread. I am sorry

Go have fun.

Dashingsteel.3410

I do have fun in this game but HoT has some philosophical differences from vanilla gw2 that I don’t like. The reason a lot of people are critical is because they love the game and don’t want Anet to turn in a direction that disappoints them.

I for one don’t care for the new emphasis on platforming and Nintendo style gaming that HoT has introduced. I also don’t care for multitiered maps when the minimap is so bad at interpreting them. These are just a couple of things that turn me off with HoT. There are other things but I don’t want to go on ad nauseum.

The things I like about HoT are of course the beauty of the art is always excellent. The sound track is really nice. I like most of the elite specs. Guild halls was a good idea(but the new guild system is an abominable gold sink)

Go have fun.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

People only really come onto the forums to complain. People enjoying the game are playing it. I’m the rare portion that actually looking for info in the mess.

Go have fun.

Razor.9872

People only really come onto the forums to complain. People enjoying the game are playing it. I’m the rare portion that actually looking for info in the mess.

Haha, greetings brother. The threads are looking bristly this evening.

NSPride <3

Go have fun.

Jahroots.6791

Also, how would you word that mindset in an inspirational way to convince others to just have fun?

It’s not hard. You maintain a positive tone throughout by offering encouragement, helpful tips and suggestions and so on. People tend to respond poorly to negativity.

Go have fun.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d love to “go have fun” but sometimes that’s difficult to do in HoT. I log in with the intent to do “x” in VB, but it’s nighttime, and I have to wait for it to be daytime or vice versa. Or I’m running around AB and Octovine pops up….ever tried doing Octovine with just 3-4 people? Or I want to do it, so I try to find a taxi when I get online, but all the taxi-ing maps are full all because my schedule doesn’t mesh with the HoT map schedules. It’s a really kittenty feeling when you can’t really do anything during the week because you can’t plan your schedule around a game.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Go have fun.

Razor.9872

Ever tried doing Octovine with just 3-4 people?

I have. It’s pretty awesome!

NSPride <3

Go have fun.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

We weren’t that lucky

Go have fun.

Razor.9872

We weren’t that lucky

Well, we didn’t win…but I don’t believe I have to win to have fun

NSPride <3

Go have fun.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

We weren’t that lucky

Well, we didn’t win…but I don’t believe I have to win to have fun

Oh I know. Sometimes the best fun comes from just being goof balls (which, you end up dying left right and center). Unfortunately, 2 of the 4 of us were ragers and I just ended up turning map chat off.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Of course it was your intention. How can this para be construed as anything other than insulting? :

I mean, what’s wrong with you guys? What kind of spoiled players are you? You’re so used to be given all you want all the time that when some game doesn’t fit in ALL your little expectations and desires you’ll just complain and whine and complain some more, even cry out loud and make an absurd show of yourself until you’re heard? Babies do that.

I dont agree with the op, I didnt realized he deleted it at first but he does have a point, there are players who are use to getting things handed to them because of the way many casual games can be today, its not thier fault or anything, but thats the only thing he may be correct in. Instant gratification is something allot of gamers completely disagree with, however we do not mind it for people who dont have any time to play and I mean literally not those who choose to spend loads of time on other hobbies over it and complain they cannot have it now.

Go have fun.

Ryou.2398

I’d love to “go have fun” but sometimes that’s difficult to do in HoT. I log in with the intent to do “x” in VB, but it’s nighttime, and I have to wait for it to be daytime or vice versa. Or I’m running around AB and Octovine pops up….ever tried doing Octovine with just 3-4 people? Or I want to do it, so I try to find a taxi when I get online, but all the taxi-ing maps are full all because my schedule doesn’t mesh with the HoT map schedules. It’s a really kittenty feeling when you can’t really do anything during the week because you can’t plan your schedule around a game.

I understand what you mean, but have you tried joining a big guild? I think people forget this is really an mmorpg, I can think some better casually fit games for people who dont have time for this kind of game, there are some wonderful multiplayer games out there people can try enjoy until you can get to a place where you they can play gw more frequently again.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Problem is alot of guild members stopped playing in guilds because they did not like HoT or they finished it once and found it to much of a drag to do over and over for the foreseeable future.

I am part of an alliance of guilds who come together to do events…..but since HoT they have done less and less stuff, now they struggle to find enough people to come together to do a single big meta xD

And gw 2 is the game you are supposed to play if you want to play casually, not the one you avoid because that is no longer the case.

And for the new maps if you do not join the 1 map that is doing the meta you either have to scrape together enough stragglers to maybe pass the event or just wait until next meta.

HoT does gave some good points and can be enjoyable but you do have to put up with some unsavory parts and some unsavory people now that the vanilla is free.

I was in Orr doing some stuff and this guy just tried to invite me to his party and started his story without having the time to even click accept or decline, he didn’t even say a word and as I was busy declined and then they just start hurling abuse at me xD even though he did not have the decency to ask for help just expected it.

Go have fun.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I understand what you mean, but have you tried joining a big guild? I think people forget this is really an mmorpg, I can think some better casually fit games for people who dont have time for this kind of game, there are some wonderful multiplayer games out there people can try enjoy until you can get to a place where you they can play gw more frequently again.

I’ve been trying to grow mine, but its hard to compete with the larger guilds. I have tried joining a couple others, but ..we’ll just say they didn’t work out.

Thank you for essentially telling me that I need to take myself elsewhere because I’m an adult with responsibilities and don’t play for 8+ hours a day. Retirement is still a few decades off thanks.

Go have fun.

Ryou.2398

I’ve been trying to grow mine, but its hard to compete with the larger guilds. I have tried joining a couple others, but ..we’ll just say they didn’t work out.

Thank you for essentially telling me that I need to take myself elsewhere because I’m an adult with responsibilities and don’t play for 8+ hours a day. Retirement is still a few decades off thanks.

Ok first of all 8 hours a day? No thats nonsense you can easily play an hour or two a day and get stuff done, just because you dont get it done in a week doesnt mean it isnt fun thats what an mmorpg is usually about, its meant to last you. I was not rude to you at all, it was a friendly suggestion, your taking this personally, and there is no reason for that kind of overreaction period.

Im sorry your an adult with responsibilities but allot of adults in my guild enjoy the way hot is now, Maybe that attitude is why you have problems with guilds ive joined a few and they are quite friendly and active. There is a guild forum and you can request a mature and friendly guild and you will likely find one.

Maybe the reason you dont have time to play is because your spending allot of time keeping up your own guild.

(edited by Ryou.2398)

Go have fun.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

The game is too difficult now for many people, specifically the more casual customers, obviously many are going to complain here..

Honestly though after seeing how bias this forum is, customers are wasting your time even trying.

Sadly Anet does not care, they’d rather we leave, which fortunately many do, but the customers that stifle the feedback are really quite sad, because over time the game really will stagnate and wither..

Maybe that is what many want i’m not at all sure these days.

Go have fun.

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

As the OP already deletes the original post, can we have a mod close this thread? The discussion is irrelevant when it’s missing the original post for context.

Go have fun.

Posted by: Moderator

[The OP has been deleted, this discussion is appreciated, thread locked.]