Going through Story 2nd time is [ANNOYING]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Firelysm.8190

Firelysm.8190

What title says, i’ve done HoT story 2x now, and it’s kittening frustrating to waste so much time because that “BLAH BLAH BLAH” talking .. yes it’s fun 1x, but kitten .. give us skip or pressing F should make us skip through content when you do it for the 2nd time.

It’s annoying and time wasting..

(edited by Firelysm.8190)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

what story are you talking about personal, living world season 2 or hot?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m on my 3rd play through, and I don’t find it annoying, but there is a skip option, I’m sure there is.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

No skip option for living world season 2 Im afraid and I guess the same for hot story.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This is why I liked the NPC talking in personal story more. You could easily press skip and not waste what feels like hours on repetive dialogues.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

i agree that its annoying and i also liked the old version better , and the fact that its not one dialog you can press skip is terrible , i know that on some missions in HoT you can simply ignore the talking npc and run ahead and they will stop talking and follow you, but most mission have “walls” that only the npc can take down so you have to wait for the npc to finish his talking before you can go on and that is annoying as hell

anet pls, let us skip the talking and remove the walls that only npc can take down , listening once to them is more then enough

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

i agree that its annoying and i also liked the old version better , and the fact that its not one dialog you can press skip is terrible , i know that on some missions in HoT you can simply ignore the talking npc and run ahead and they will stop talking and follow you, but most mission have “walls” that only the npc can take down so you have to wait for the npc to finish his talking before you can go on and that is annoying as hell

anet pls, let us skip the talking and remove the walls that only npc can take down , listening once to them is more then enough

But that’s the same for any rpg game. In everyone we have to wait for an BOX to do something, it’s called storytelling.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

But that’s the same for any rpg game. In everyone we have to wait for an BOX to do something, it’s called storytelling.

yeah and thats fine for the first time you are doing the mission , but for the second time there has to be an skip option, its annyoing to hear the same dialog over and over again , i have done the HoT story on 3 charaters because i wanted that ley line gear you get as reward for collections and it was extremly annoying to have to wait for the npc and listen to the dialog again

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Done it 17 times already…

There is a skip button for the cinematics (not for the bivouac one though) and you can just start running to the next point and the dialog will skip to the next dialog when you get to the next point.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

Yeah, not being able to skip dialogue is a little annoying. But the thing I find really annoying about the HoT personal story is the special weapons and weapon skills they make you learn and use on the fly.

I use a particular weapon set because it works best for me. In some cases I have my traits and skills set up for that weapon set. I’ve practiced a lot with my preferred weapon set so I have a lot of muscle memory built up. I don’t like having to pick up some dohicky that changes all my weapon skills (and often takes away my util skills) and have to read five or more tooltips in addition to the quest instructions in the middle of a quest. Especially while I’m being chased by some 80 champ or boss, or being bombarded by a half dozen mordrem tendrils.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Meadfreek.6789)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m all for an option for skipping cutscenes in the stories. It does get old seeing the same thing so many times.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Anet paid good money for those voice actors. You’re going to listen to them.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

You win this conversation!

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Firelysm.8190

Firelysm.8190

You win this conversation!

I muted the game long ago
All effort for nothing.

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I’m lucky, I have another comp on my desk, so I just start the NPC off on their ramble and read the news/weather/sport/post here on the other. Then check back to move the story on to next wall of NPC verbiage.

It’s the only way to do it, otherwise you’re stuck staring at the screen whilst they mumble about something.