Gold: Stolen by thieves???

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jared.4789

Jared.4789

Q:

I had over 5 gold and while playing in the Silverwastes, I noticed that I only had 88 silver left. Can actual gold be stolen by the thieves? I haven’t purchased anything that would have taken 5 gold more or less.

It’s not really that big of a deal but I sure would like to know.

Please see my reply to the answer below.
—-

Thanks.

(edited by Jared.4789)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

A:

Putting something up for sale on the TP costs money, 5% of the listing price to be exact.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did you place any buy orders in the Trading Post?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Your gold cannot be stolen from you from in game sources. If you had 5g and now you don’t it can only have been spent somehow, whether it’s through a vendor in SW where you may not have noticed, salvage kits (do you use the silver o matic one at all?), the trading post etc

You can also lose money by bad luck through the lunar festival divine envelopes.

edit: See below for possible solution

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think the bandit that charges you gold to turn all the mobs in the bandit camp neutral (north of Indigo) actually takes your coin.

Randulf.7614

I think the bandit that charges you gold to turn all the mobs in the bandit camp neutral (north of Indigo) actually takes your coin.

That is actually true and it’s easy to not realise you have spent the gold

Jared.4789

Something I thought of and am unsure is equipment repairs. I have used this two or three times. Surely that wouldn’t have done it.

Randulf.7614

Not anymore – repairs are now free. Not that you would have spent 4g on repairs mind you

Jared.4789

Your gold cannot be stolen from you from in game sources. If you had 5g and now you don’t it can only have been spent somehow, whether it’s through a vendor in SW where you may not have noticed, salvage kits (do you use the silver o matic one at all?), the trading post etc

You can also lose money by bad luck through the lunar festival divine envelopes.

I didn’t think it cost to use the salvage kits. I mainly used the black lion one and then the fine.

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

Using waypoints costs coin, although you would have had to do it well over a hundred times to use several gold worth.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Just to check, why not go into the trading post tab and look at your transactions to see if you bought something or placed a buy order and forgot. There’s a way to see current transactions as well as your buying and selling history.

Randulf.7614

I didn’t think it cost to use the salvage kits. I mainly used the black lion one and then the fine.

The gemstore specific ones use small amounts of copper. The ones you use do not beyond the initial purchase price.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

There’s the bandit that will charge you 2 gold to temporarily turn traps off for you.
The skritt in the jumping puzzle also charge upwards of 1g each time you request to return to your last check point.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Putting something up for sale on the TP costs money, 5% of the listing price to be exact.

Well if he only have 5 gold I doubt he put something for 100g up on the AH… Either that or he is the poorest player in entire GW2 thats never even completed a daily.

Jared.4789

Hmmm…this may just be my answer. I have sold dozens of items in the past week. I purchased the HoT and the next day when I got into the Silverwastes, I started getting some good things.

I think I just spent it and didn’t realize it.

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

just 5 gold i wouldnt worry to much if you got HoT hit up auric basin do bout 5 metas (make sure to have exalted keys 50 a good start dont do like me and buy 150 i havnt dropped below 150 keys in 2 months matter of fact gained up to 240 since my investment free lol) you’ll be rolling in gold like its your birthday

Haleydawn.3764

just 5 gold i wouldnt worry to much if you got HoT hit up auric basin do bout 5 metas (make sure to have exalted keys 50 a good start dont do like me and buy 150 i havnt dropped below 150 keys in 2 months matter of fact gained up to 240 since my investment free lol) you’ll be rolling in gold like its your birthday

If you’re talking about Multiloot, you’re in for a surprise.

Kitten.

TEKnowledgy.1760

I dont multi-loot so not I that’s in for surprise I welcome that nerf coming maybe ppl quit using taxis out of the darn maps causing it to close tired of getting that msg

Wrong post you looking for one down under this one to get at someone that multiloots

(edited by TEKnowledgy.1760)

Haleydawn.3764

I dont multi-loot so not I that’s in for surprise I welcome that nerf coming maybe ppl quit using taxis out of the darn maps causing it to close tired of getting that msg

Wrong post you looking for one down under this one to get at someone that multiloots

No I got the right thread even if you don’t multiloot (I don’t either) there’s better ways to get gold outside of AB.

Kitten.

TEKnowledgy.1760

ab just faster. multiloot has nothing to do with actually doing 5 metas multilooting is map jumping in a squad looting each instance of post meta ab not sure if u know that or not why i said what i did because you thought i was referring to multilooting by telling him to do 5 metas back to back lol verdant brink metas is pretty decent loots aswell tangled depths its ok but might be little rough chak goo take a new hot player out pretty quickly pretty harsh on a newcomer lol metas bit technical to. ds good takes the longest pretty technical aswell to but hard to land a full map because of taxing happens alot in ds unfortunately. Sure plenty ways make 5 gold HoT in my opinion is fastest way (daily nets him 2g which is much much faster) I sell mats so to me making gold slow but when i sell mats instant 120g every 7 days like I said i’ve never multilooted guess if person was 5 times per meta that be like 600g every 7 days aint no wonder they nerfing that right lol. thats what i’d make if I were doing it by multiplying what I’d typically make per 7 days. I’m amazed no one has got banned by multilooting it’s truly an exploit. anyways off topic with this I’ve done enough of that in one day lol. take care

(edited by TEKnowledgy.1760)

Jared.4789

Ok. So I’m gonna go research multiloot and metas…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Wouldn’t bother researching AB multiloot, really. It’s about to be removed.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

One of the big money-makers after AB multiloot is The Silverwastes. Look for an organized map in LFG.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Keltan.1827

Keltan.1827

Second the notion to check your Trading Post log. A couple of times I’ve thought I was changing the quantity to buy and realized I was clicking on the price arrow. Usually it was the gold coin arrow, so a few stray clicks and instead of buying three items for 50 cp, you bought one item for 2 g and 50 cp.