Good Customer Service

Good Customer Service

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Its just good customer service to value old customers, to AT LEAST give us the same benifets you give new customers. I’m not asking for anything more. just that we arnt treated as second class players because we decided to start supporting your game sooner and stuck with it, because we decided to be loyal and pay more money. if you’re going to give new players a special deal give us one too, its only fair, its only good customer service.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If you can figure out how to give new customers three years access to the game retroactively so that they are on a par with those vets who have been around since beta, sure.

Unless you quit or die before they do you are essentially guaranteed to have three more years of GW2 play than a new player.

If this game lasts ten years I will have ten years of play. Someone who joins now will have only seven. In addition there are game elements that I got, or continue to get, that a new player does not.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can start a new free account if you want and get exactly what the new free players are getting. Enjoy the restrictions!

If you mean having the core game bundled in, the long thread full of reasons why that is a non-issue is —-—> thattaway.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Its just good customer service to value old customers, to AT LEAST give us the same benifets you give new customers. I’m not asking for anything more. just that we arnt treated as second class players because we decided to start supporting your game sooner and stuck with it. if you’re going to give new players a special deal give us one too, its only fair, its only good customer service.

The free players are being treated as second class players, and that is a fact:

Free player only get 2 character slots, paid players got 5 ($30 for free players to get up to 5 character slots)
Free players only get 3 bag slots, paid players got 5 ($10 for free players to get up to 5 bag slots)
Free players have chat/whisper restrictions
Free players have no access to guild banks
Free players only have a limited list of items they can sell/buy from the trade post
Free Players get no forum access
Free Players are restricted by level when they can leave/go to areas of the game (for example PvP, WvW, Lions Arch, leaving starter zone).
Free Players get had no access to Season 1 content
Free Players had no option to get Season 2 for free, they must pay $16.00 for season 2 content.
Free Players cannot trade Gold for Gems.
Free players do not get Login rewards.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Wow, someone is looking for a vacation.

“He got something so I deserve something too!!!” Gotta love how that rings in the ear.

“If you don’t like the service, there is the door” That one sounds much better right now.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Good Customer Service

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

What about all that temporary content we were able to experience?

SAB? Living Stories? Holiday Events? Pre-june 23rd style builds? Raid on the Capricorn? WvW events?

There’s also the fact that we’ve had 3 years to gear up our accounts and take advantage of numerous promotions and sales and have received the ability to gain items that are no longer in the game or won’t be again for a while.

I bought an NES game back in the 90s that cost me probably around £40. That same game is now selling on Ebay for £1. Am i entitled to a refund by the publisher for the remaining £39?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Its just good customer service to value old customers, to AT LEAST give us the same benifets you give new customers. I’m not asking for anything more. just that we arnt treated as second class players because we decided to start supporting your game sooner and stuck with it. if you’re going to give new players a special deal give us one too, its only fair, its only good customer service.

Free player only get 2 character slots, paid players got 5 ($30 for free players to get up to 5 character slots)
Free players only get 3 bag slots, paid players got 5 ($10 for free players to get up to 5 bag slots)
Free players only have a limited list of items they can sell/buy from the trade post
Free Players are restricted by level when they can leave/go to areas of the game (for example PvP, WvW, Lions Arch, leaving starter zone).
Free Players had no option to get Season 2 for free, they must pay $16.00 for season 2 content.

Not talking about free players, talking about players who buy the lastest expansion. why does anets policy of buy once tailor to the new players and leave the rest of us coughing up blood each time a new expansion comes out. for this expansion alone, I need a total of $300 for everyone to play, a fee I will have to pay each and every time a new one comes out. that’s by no means an easy sum. they said they don’t want new players to face a pay wall, but its okay that old players do???

Good Customer Service

eisberg.2379

If you want what ever “same benefits as a new paying customer” then buy the expansion as a new account. Then you can get all the same benefits as a new paying customer.

Or you can buy the expansion for your current account now, and get an extra character slot ($10 value). That $10 value is about the value of the base game with no restrictions at this point.

(edited by eisberg.2379)

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not talking about free players, talking about players who buy the lastest expansion. why does anets policy of buy once tailor to the new players and leave the rest of us coughing up blood each time a new expansion comes out. for this expansion alone, I need a total of $300 for everyone to play, a fee I will have to pay each and every time a new one comes out. that’s by no means an easy sum. they said they don’t want new players to face a pay wall, but its okay that old players do???

You do not have to buy the expansions as they come out if that is too much money for you. You can wait, buy the third or fourth, and get all of the previous expansions for free.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I, too, would like to receive the same deal that future customers get. I mean, it’s totally unfair that they get a time machine that lets them zip back to launch and play more of the game than I did totally for free! Why is time machine functionality not available for veterans, ANet? Whhhhhhhyyyyyy.

Disclaimer: this poster is being facetious in his mockery of individuals who fail to understand that the value they received is measured in time already spent in the game, which no future player will ever be able to replicate without the use of Temporal Law-violating devices.

Good Customer Service

Obtena.7952

LAWL!!! Coughing up blood? Really? You must not value your time very much if you anticipate playing thousands of hours, but complain about $300.

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Very well, it seems I’m the minority, and my opinion falls on death ears, anet hates my topic so much they decided to silence me, because my opinion is apparently not worth discussing. very well, I won’t post here any more.

Good Customer Service

Pandaman.4758

Very well, it seems I’m the minority, and my opinion falls on death ears, anet hates my topic so much they decided to silence me, because my opinion is apparently not worth discussing. very well, I won’t post here any more.

“Deaf ears” and it really isn’t.

Can I have your stuff?

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This is such a puzzling viewpoint to me. If you want a new game, you have to pay for each copy of it, right? New players aren’t paying any less to buy HoT, they just didn’t have the previous version of the game.

Do people who played Dragon Age 1 feel they shouldn’t have to pay for the sequel? Did going to Star Wars mean you got a discount on seeing The Empire Strikes Back? Hey, I read the Hobbit, give me the Fellowship of the Ring for free. I’ve listened to “Allentown” a few times, I should get “Innocent Man” gratis.

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Can I have your stuff?

I didnt say i was quitting, just that i wouldnt post anymore… Yep just like colin said during the stream, ‘the friendliest online gaming community’…

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

This is such a puzzling viewpoint to me. If you want a new game, you have to pay for each copy of it, right? New players aren’t paying any less to buy HoT, they just didn’t have the previous version of the game.

Do people who played Dragon Age 1 feel they shouldn’t have to pay for the sequel? Did going to Star Wars mean you got a discount on seeing The Empire Strikes Back? Hey, I read the Hobbit, give me the Fellowship of the Ring for free. I’ve listened to “Allentown” a few times, I should get “Innocent Man” gratis.

Flip that around, just because you bought dragon age two, does that mean you get one for free?

Good Customer Service

Pandaman.4758

Can I have your stuff?

I didnt say i was quitting, just that i wouldnt post anymore… Yep just like colin said during the stream, ‘the friendliest online gaming community’…

Oh, but it is, provided you don’t make nonsensical rants, ignore perfectly logical counterarguments, then circumvent a post lock to continue ranting. There’s a difference between being friendly and being saintly, you’re expecting people to be saints.

Good Customer Service

eisberg.2379

You have an unreasonable opinion. You have a hard time accepting that the base game has devalued for being a 3 year old game.
Besides, a new customer has not option but to pay $16.00 if they want season 2, where as a vet player had the option to get season 2 for free.

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Can I have your stuff?

Oh, but it is, provided you don’t make nonsensical rants, ignore perfectly logical counterarguments, then circumvent a post lock to continue ranting. There’s a difference between being friendly and being saintly, you’re expecting people to be saints.

Counter arguements that I in turn rebuffed. as for circumventing a locked post, I would like to know for what reason this topic must be censored? is hiding unpopular opinions gw2s new business modle too? if we don’t like what you say, you have no right to voice it?

And why is it when devs have their say, that’s it, they say they value our opinion, but then they are not willing to talk over issues with us that they disagree on?

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

Good Customer Service

Pandaman.4758

Can I have your stuff?

Counter arguements that I in turn rebuffed. as for circumventing a lock post, I would like to know for what reason this topic must be censored? is hiding unpopular opinions gw2s new business modle too? if we don’t like what you say, you have no right to voice it?

No, as Gaile pointed out, you’re essentially complaining about something that’s been the norm since before MMOs were even a thing.

You get a VHS of a movie, do you complain that someone paid for less to watch it in a theater? Or that the didn’t pay to watch it on broadcast television (with restrictions, such as commercials)? Or that someone later paid the same amount to get a higher quality DVD? Blu-ray?

You paid more, but you got to play longer. That’s fair. Future customers have the same access to content, but nothing will ever make up for all the extra years you have on top of them.

You paid more for more copies, your whole family got to play. That’s also fair. There will also be future customers who potentially shell out $300 for six copies for their family, they also won’t have all that play time your family has on top of them as well.

If you want things to be absolutely fair, either don’t play MMOs or only get into them once they’ve been sunsetted and won’t have any new content.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I bought a laptop in 2011. Today someone asked where and if they could purchase that very same laptop at a fraction of the price. Yes, I replied. That is possible. It may surprise you that I did not launch into a tirade over how unfair it is that they can now purchase the same product for which I paid full price for a bit of change. This is because I applied something called logic to the situation.

Products depreciate in value over time. That’s simple common sense. You got your money’s worth, and now you claim it’s not enough and want more and hope that overly dramatic posting will achieve this. This is an unfortunate, unreasonable and unrealistic attitude.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

games get released at a set price
game prices go down
games go on sale
games discontinue and shut down

this is how games have been, are, and will continue to be
just as any the majority of any other marketed item

you bought the game knowing full well it would go down in price eventually, or go on sale, or could have failed and been discontinued after you sunk your heart into it, but you bought it because you wanted it when it came out
how is it unfair?
+1 Skullfaerie for “dramatic posting” sentence being too true

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

I bought a laptop in 2011. Today someone asked where and if they could purchase that very same laptop at a fraction of the price. Yes, I replied. That is possible. It may surprise you that I did not launch into a tirade over how unfair it is that they can now purchase the same product for which I paid full price for a bit of change. This is because I applied something called logic to the situation.

Products depreciate in value over time. That’s simple common sense. You got your money’s worth, and now you claim it’s not enough and want more and hope that overly dramatic posting will achieve this. This is an unfortunate, unreasonable and unrealistic attitude.

Believe me, I understand that the value of a product decreases over time, and i dont have a problem with that. However, there is a difference between the prise dropping over time, and dissapearing all together. you can’t go to a computor store and buy a brand new lap top and get all previous generations of the brand for free. which is essentially what gw2 is offering.

My real isue is purely on the matter of principle, the favoring of new players with this great deal, while doing nothing for vets in return. how is it that new players don’t have to face the pay wall, while old players do, why does that policy only service them? in that matter, they are being treated better than current players. that is a fact. if anets policy is to not create a paywall, it should go benifet the entire comunity, not just the newest addition.

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Can I have your stuff?

Counter arguements that I in turn rebuffed. as for circumventing a lock post, I would like to know for what reason this topic must be censored? is hiding unpopular opinions gw2s new business modle too? if we don’t like what you say, you have no right to voice it?

No, as Gaile pointed out, you’re essentially complaining about something that’s been the norm since before MMOs were even a thing.

You get a VHS of a movie, do you complain that someone paid for less to watch it in a theater? Or that the didn’t pay to watch it on broadcast television (with restrictions, such as commercials)? Or that someone later paid the same amount to get a higher quality DVD? Blu-ray?

You paid more, but you got to play longer. That’s fair. Future customers have the same access to content, but nothing will ever make up for all the extra years you have on top of them.

You paid more for more copies, your whole family got to play. That’s also fair. There will also be future customers who potentially shell out $300 for six copies for their family, they also won’t have all that play time your family has on top of them as well.

If you want things to be absolutely fair, either don’t play MMOs or only get into them once they’ve been sunsetted and won’t have any new content.

No actually, there have been sales and combo packs, but this is the first mmo that gives absolutely everything for free, so long as you ONLY buy the last expansion pack.

Also, other games that have bundled the expansions, have offered discounts to vets

Good Customer Service

eisberg.2379

Believe me, I understand that the value of a product decreases over time, and i dont have a problem with that. However, there is a difference between the prise dropping over time, and dissapearing all together. you can’t go to a computor store and buy a brand new lap top and get all previous generations of the brand for free. which is essentially what gw2 is offering.

My real isue is purely on the matter of principle, the favoring of new players with this great deal, while doing nothing for vets in return. how is it that new players don’t have to face the pay wall, while old players do, why does that policy only service them? in that matter, they are being treated better than current players. that is a fact. if anets policy is to not create a paywall, it should go benifet the entire comunity, not just the newest addition.

Actually the difference between the price dropping and disappearing is only about $10. Not enough to be complaining about, completely negligible price difference and it nothing more than complaining for the sake of complaining. You can get that $10 value by just buying the expansion right now since they will give you an extra character slot.

There is a paywall, new players have to pay for the expansion if they want to play the expansion. New players and current players get the same thing, they both have to pay $50 for the expansion.

Good Customer Service

Pandaman.4758

Except when you but a brand new laptop you get all the functionalities of previous generations of laptops with it and said previous generations are discontinued. This is what GW2 is essentially doing: they’re discontinuing GW2 Core and making HoT this generation’s product, which includes all functionalities up until now.

Then stop playing.

I’m serious. If you want to get the same great deal as future players, stop playing. Wait until all the expansions are out, ANet announces that GW2 is going into maintenance mode like GW1, and pick everything up at a single low price of $50. By your arguments you would have absolutely nothing to complain about if you did that, because you’re getting a much better deal than everyone else.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Except when you but a brand new laptop you get all the functionalities of previous generations of laptops with it and said previous generations are discontinued. This is what GW2 is essentially doing: they’re discontinuing GW2 Core and making HoT this generation’s product, which includes all functionalities up until now.

Then stop playing.

I’m serious. If you want to get the same great deal as future players, stop playing. Wait until all the expansions are out, ANet announces that GW2 is going into maintenance mode like GW1, and pick everything up at a single low price of $50. By your arguments you would have absolutely nothing to complain about if you did that, because you’re getting a much better deal than everyone else.

Pretty much this. Do this and then see if your complaint has any merit
(tip: it doesn’t).

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Actually the difference between the price dropping and disappearing is only about $10. Not enough to be complaining about, completely negligible price difference and it nothing more than complaining for the sake of complaining. You can get that $10 value by just buying the expansion right now since they will give you an extra character slot.

There is a paywall, new players have to pay for the expansion if they want to play the expansion. New players and current players get the same thing, they both have to pay $50 for the expansion.

I agree with that assessment if it was only regarding this expansion, which they made a fair deal, but when the next one comes out, this one drops to $0 value, and when the expansion after that comes out, it drops to $0 dolar value too.

Good Customer Service

Pandaman.4758

Can I have your stuff?

No actually, there have been sales and combo packs, but this is the first mmo that gives absolutely everything for free, so long as you ONLY buy the last expansion pack.

Also, other games that have bundled the expansions, have offered discounts to vets

Wasn’t there an entire week or two when people were complaining that GW2 was basically aping WoW’s model? Y’know, the one where getting the latest $50 expansion also gives you everything else for free?

That aside, how many of those MMOs with discounted expansion bundles also have a B2P model rather than a subscription model? If you’re going to argue equivalences based on cost, you have to take that into consideration as well.

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Then stop playing.

But I shouldn’t have to quit playing just to get a fair deal… well, I’ve argued this into the ground. I’m honestly surprised I didn’t have more supporters, players were kittened when they found out HoT came with a free core, and that anger wasn’t abaited until heart of thorns threw in a free character slot. I honestly don’t understand why people weren’t okay with getting core free, but they are okay with every expansion then after free. The general mode was that we were being cheated by HoT, but future expansions that offer the same offer arnt cheating us too? I just don’t understand the change of though process in the comunity who were so angry about it before, but now my even mentioning it is a ‘ridiculous arguement’

Good Customer Service

Pandaman.4758

Then stop playing.

But I shouldn’t have to quit playing just to get a fair deal…

So are you saying it’s unfair that you should miss out on all those years of gaming just to save on the box price, but it’s fair that future players miss out on all those years of gaming and get to save on the box price?

Good Customer Service

eisberg.2379

I agree with that assessment if it was only regarding this expansion, which they made a fair deal, but when the next one comes out, this one drops to $0 value, and when the expansion after that comes out, it drops to $0 dolar value too.

Yeah, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you have a problem with that, than just don’t buy the expansion and wait for some undetermined years to continue past the core of the game, and then buy the last expansion. The rest of us will enjoy the game as it is given to us and updated, playing with our characters earning all kinds of rewards and have experiences with the content while it is new instead of being several years old.

Good Customer Service

eisberg.2379

Then stop playing.

But I shouldn’t have to quit playing just to get a fair deal…

New and current players paying $50 for expansion is a fair deal, they are paying the same amount. What you have paid 3 years ago is actually completely irrelevant, especially since new players cannot go back to 3 years ago and get everything we have received. If you want to save money on the game, than just keep on playing the core of the game for some unknown years and then buy the last expansion when it is announced as being the last expansion for the game.

Good Customer Service

Obtena.7952

I think the most offensive thing about this thread is that you’ve made a relation between there customer service and a business decision on pricing. That’s just ludicrous.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

You made another post of this moments it seems after you got a dev response because you didn’t like what you were told? get over yourself.

said old post before being locked —> read the last comment after his opening one:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/new-business-model-equality/page/2

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Good Customer Service

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’ve addressed your complaints in this thread.

And this make a lot of sense to me:

If you can figure out how to give new customers three years access to the game retroactively so that they are on a par with those vets who have been around since beta, sure.

Unless you quit or die before they do you are essentially guaranteed to have three more years of GW2 play than a new player.

If this game lasts ten years I will have ten years of play. Someone who joins now will have only seven. In addition there are game elements that I got, or continue to get, that a new player does not.

As does this:

What about all that temporary content we were able to experience?

SAB? Living Stories? Holiday Events? Pre-june 23rd style builds? Raid on the Capricorn? WvW events?

There’s also the fact that we’ve had 3 years to gear up our accounts and take advantage of numerous promotions and sales and have received the ability to gain items that are no longer in the game or won’t be again for a while.

I bought an NES game back in the 90s that cost me probably around £40. That same game is now selling on Ebay for £1. Am i entitled to a refund by the publisher for the remaining £39?

As do many many comments of a similar nature.

Please do not post or PM me on this subject again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Good Customer Service

OtakuModeEngage.8679

I think the most offensive thing about this thread is that you’ve made a relation between there customer service and a business decision on pricing. That’s just ludicrous.

If you don’t think the two are related, you’ve never worked in customer service and know little of marketing. at any rate, I ceed my point to the greater powers.