Goodbye Marshal Trahearne

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, I was excited when I started doing the story, and my character started talking and giving out orders.

On a side note, anyone know if they plan on having the little cut-scenes during the conversations like they did in the personal story? I miss those.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I think they’re dropping the cut-scene conversations. they weren’t that great, and the look got old fast.

Posted by: ArtVeigar.3952

ArtVeigar.3952

Agreed. I’d rather have very few but more cinematic cutscenes, like when Rytlock appears, and have the conversations occur in the game while I play and control my character like they’re doing, much like how it’s done in games like Borderlands and Portal as well.

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

Cuscenes like when Rythlock appears, and when the Champion Mordrem Guard ask Mordremoth for help is cool!

And C E P H U S. We don’t know if Trahearne is dead. So I would guess when we find him alive, if he is alive, he will give us orders again, since he is the Leader of the Pact and we are just a Commander :b
But it will probably not be more than orders, and not steal out accomplisment.

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I always find it funny when people hate Trahearne for stealing the glory from them while at the same time rooting for Canach who did exactly the same at Southsun, where player input in the story basically did not occur and you were just a willing helper of the consortium until Ellen Kiel of all people saved the day^^

Posted by: Anon.6283

Anon.6283

I cannot wait for that option to abandon the ever-annoying syvali’s to be available.

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

I remembered someone posting this at the beginning of gw2

Attachments:

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I for one and glad to see this change in direction. I have always been disappointed with taking second place and having the story line dictated to me by a blowhard glory hog. The only thing that could make this sweeter is if I were the one to plunge my greatsword into his heart and stare into his eyes as he dies… Ive had about all I can stand from that snarky sidekick and couldnt be more happy if he has died. Please o please let me find his corpse… or better yet.. barely alive and groveling on the ground. I hope there is a moral choice that decides his fate!

Gray.9041

I always find it funny when people hate Trahearne for stealing the glory from them while at the same time rooting for Canach who did exactly the same at Southsun, where player input in the story basically did not occur and you were just a willing helper of the consortium until Ellen Kiel of all people saved the day^^

I like Canach because he gives no Skritts, gets the job done, and all without being a jerk.

he’s got enough morals to not be a baddy, but has no time for frivolous niceties. he’s rough, but helpful. I’m hoping we get him to join DE2.0

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think we will be calling the shots, after all, most of Tyria have problems with the trees now.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I’m glad our characters are taking the “lead”, I just hope cut scenes are more fluid than previous seasons of living story.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I think they’re dropping the cut-scene conversations. they weren’t that great, and the look got old fast.

I think there was a comment made in a post or episode of PoI about this. It was shortly after the HoT stress tests a few months back.

That beta version had a short story segment that showed off the player character’s new in-world dialogue. It’s certainly a lot more natural and well-flowing than the 2.5-D cutscenes.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Playa haters…..

Posted by: Leah.4318

Leah.4318

Really happy to hear that people are liking the new PC tone. Thanks for the comments, folks!

Posted by: Leah Hoyer.9382

Leah Hoyer.9382

Narrative Design Director

…now with fancy Anet signature. I really do enjoy reading everyone’s comments. And your feedback means a lot to us!

Narrative Design Director, ArenaNet

Posted by: Anthony.5098

Anthony.5098

I’m actually torn. I loved living story season 2, and I wanted to help out Anet with stuff but I was like: “NO! I DON’T WANT SPOILERS! I WANT TO WAIT FOR MY CAKE!”

I wasn’t fond of Trahearne, from the perspective of a human character he was a scene stealer. lol.

Tanished Coast:
All classes 80, no main. [OROS]

Posted by: ArtVeigar.3952

ArtVeigar.3952

I think from the perspective of anyone who was not a Sylvari Trahearne felt like a scene stealer. Because my first toon was a Sylvari, and we meet him in the second story chapter and learn who he is, what he does and what he is supposed to do, it felt more natural to see him return and be like “Hey, you again! Funny meeting you here”, and everything that happened after.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Really happy to hear that people are liking the new PC tone. Thanks for the comments, folks!

just dont do a WOW on us please.

Being the lord high general/commander/whatever is boring as hell. Some of us like being just adventurers, its odd to have 1000 supreme commanders all over the place….

Posted by: nscarpenter.9341

nscarpenter.9341

Being the lord high general/commander/whatever is boring as hell. Some of us like being just adventurers, its odd to have 1000 supreme commanders all over the place….

I can’t +1 this enough…

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

gokitten spoilers…

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

When I was out in the open world and the Hylek started talking…my character SPOKE BACK to them! In the open world!

<3

This is amazing.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

When I was out in the open world and the Hylek started talking…my character SPOKE BACK to them! In the open world!

<3

This is amazing.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty neat . . .

. . . until my character started repeating her dialogue to the hylek when another player walked up to the them to trigger their own conversation with them. And this was after having walked a good ways away from the npcs.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I hope in the future we get to see more of our characters with our weapons and backpieces in cutscenes. It seems odd cutscenes don’t include them.

One has to ask the question… where DO our weapons and backpieces go during cutscenes? The mists? The Abyss? Who knows…

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Torolan.5816

I like Canach because he gives no Skritts, gets the job done, and all without being a jerk.

he’s got enough morals to not be a baddy, but has no time for frivolous niceties. he’s rough, but helpful. I’m hoping we get him to join DE2.0

This is basically the real reason for the Trahearne hate. Not that he is the overall chief of the pact, but that he is a brooding and silent hero type who has to be dragged into the whole thing while Canach is an actor of his own choice, largely unloaded by a consciousness tugging at him.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Kiel had a lot of hate for pretty much the same reason. However, since Kiel had the spotlight for less time, and because she only had a couple of Living Story chapters which are no longer available, that’s died down.

Canach’s an antihero, and antiheroes always seem to get more slack.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

It isn’t enough if he just leaves, traherne needs to die, preferably by the player’s hand. I’m not calling the vanilla personal stories the best but darn it they were suppose to be OUR story, otherwise there’s nothing “personal” about it.

Torolan.5816

If you can, compare the story of GW1 with GW2 and tell me which is which:
One is a story about noble intentions gone wrong with rather unexpected twists and the tragic end of an empire, a father/son relationship, a doomed love, treason and the near extintion of a race clinging to the last remnants of it´s former glory.
The other is a story of smaller undead dragons, minions and semiautonomous bodyparts attacking after lurking in a long sunken civilization, and a flying cannonboat.

Although it had it´s moments, the personal story is mostly unheroic in general and can´t hold a candle to GW1.
Almost all of your opponents(An exception here and there with your Risen battle brother or the development about your sister) and support stay unpersonal and forgettable, I can´t even tell you the name of the guy that invited my first character into the orders, or name you any other minion of Zhaitan except for the Eye of Zhaitan, although I also remember fighting a fat, important minion in some passage in Orr. Not even sure if the Wizard guarding the Gates of Arah is part of the personal story.^^

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

I wish we could get a story as good as the original GW1 campaign. That thing was amazing. Of course GW1 was closer to a real rpg than GW2 is, so I guess that would be asking for a little to much >_>

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

<3

This is amazing.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty neat . . .

. . . until my character started repeating her dialogue to the hylek when another player walked up to the them to trigger their own conversation with them. And this was after having walked a good ways away from the npcs.

True, I did notice that too, but my character had started the dialogue with them then I walked off and she continued to talk eventhough I’d walked off. Regardless, still really cool and I appreciate that my character is talking…actually talking to NPCs in the live world.

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Beta Weekend Story held an exceptional surprise in the area of Lore and general Emerson. Our characters are no longer along for the ride. We did not sit back and watch cut scenes of other characters taking the lead in key actions, with a multi-class skill set.
This time it was our character directing, our characters leading, and our actions developing the story, in a live action fashion.
Thank You for this turn in direction. I am looking forward to more of this.

lights trahearne on fire its MY story now! muahahahahhaaha

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Ambush.3251

Ambush.3251

Get in the hype train, Trahearne is no longer da man

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

I acctualy like cutscenes but i also adore my character talking while in action.

CorrynnStarr.7942

trahearne was just a bad choice for Anet IMO… he seemed to always be talking down to the players, at least thats how it felt to me. Most MMO’s that you play, your character is the deciding factor in the main storyline. I felt like I was always the kitten that got drug along for the ride. Its notthat Iwant to be the one recieving all the glory, its more like I just dont want to be portrayed and talked to like Im someones kitten. I guess to I always felt like glory should be thrust upon you, not just handed over like a platter of appetizers. trehearnes rise to fame felt forced and disingenuine.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

i just wanna kill him and take the sword that should be mine… and i cant even use swords nor do i like the design very much but thats besides the point. I (we) killed zhaitan, without me (us) he wouldnt even have made it through his own god darn prophercy, he was what.. like 20 years in orr and didnt map it out to find where the place is to do his kittening life mission? He took the place of my mentor tybalt who i adored as a character and then got the audacity to just straight up lead the pact without any military knowledge unlike the god darn iron legion centurio (me) in his shadow who does his dirty work? Yea… i better get him as a boss fight and it better be long, hard and rewarding and i better be able to use a finisher at the end and loot his sword from his corpse…

Gray.9041

it’s less the rank and more the respect. we do most of the work, and sit there sighing at the computer when NPCs make obviously stupid choices. there are times when the player is clearly doing more work, making better decisions, and getting better results, and it feels like the NPCs ignore that.

I’d happily be a junior officer in the pact as long as my comrades realised my value to it.

Basaltface.2786

it’s less the rank and more the respect. we do most of the work, and sit there sighing at the computer when NPCs make obviously stupid choices. there are times when the player is clearly doing more work, making better decisions, and getting better results, and it feels like the NPCs ignore that.

I’d happily be a junior officer in the pact as long as my comrades realised my value to it.

dont worry you are the boss of 5 rookies who clearly value you as bodyguard for their wacky adventures and only pretend you are the boss to make you feel better… -sigh- can i trade them in for a coupon for a free coke with extra ice cubes and some more decision power please?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I love the new direction. I love seeing my character take charge and hearing him speak. That was a huge thrill for me.

The cut scene with Rytlock was just awesome. It took me back to the great cut scenes we had in GW1. Honestly, as an avid and almost since the start of Prophecies player, it made me felt caught up again in the Guild Wars game I loved for many, many years.

Thank you so much to the whole dev team for what I see happening in the Betas.

jheryn.8390

I love the new direction. I love seeing my character take charge and hearing him speak. That was a huge thrill for me.

The cut scene with Rytlock was just awesome. It took me back to the great cut scenes we had in GW1. Honestly, as an avid and almost since the start of Prophecies player, it made me feel caught up again in the Guild Wars game I loved for many, many years.

Thank you so much to the whole dev team for what I see happening in the Betas.

CorrynnStarr.7942

dont worry you are the boss of 5 rookies who clearly value you as bodyguard for their wacky adventures and only pretend you are the boss to make you feel better… -sigh- can i trade them in for a coupon for a free coke with extra ice cubes and some more decision power please?

its not just about being the boss, its that the focus of the story is around an NPC… one that a large majority of people dislike. I do agree however, they are useless in a fight, and I typically have to handle everything myself when they are in a story instance with me. up to and including having to run back to retrieve them due to some bug or update of AI pathing not working right.

Posted by: GeminiArcher.7809

GeminiArcher.7809

Uh… I’m going to assume the people here heaping praise on GW1’s story haven’t actually played it in 10 years, because as someone who’s played GW2 everyday for 2 1/2 years, done all the Personal Story and all the Living Story, and acquired GW1 last year… GW1 is nowhere near as good. The story of the Prophecies campaign is disjointed and the writing is just astoundingly bad in places. It’s an old game, yeah, I can cut it some slack, but holding it up as an example of what to emulate… no. No. No. No.

Prophecies has no character development whatsoever. It barely has characters. There’s plenty of people with names, but they do nothing besides maybe one line of dialogue to give you any sense of their character. Even after playing through 3/4ths of the campaign, right now I don’t think I could give you the name of a single Prophecies character who doesn’t also have some sort of reference to them in GW2.

Your own character is no better. You have no choices in what you do. How do all the people complaining about not being able to do whatever they want in GW2’s story not remember that you’re even more enslaved to the storyline in GW1? You don’t even have varying dialogue options and branching storyline paths like you at least get sometimes here. The entire storyline consists of you doing the things other people tell you that you should do. You run around Ascalon fighting Charr with Rurik and follow him as he leads the refugees to Kryta, then obliviously join up with the not at all suspicious White Mantle and do weird stuff for them. Then you suddenly turn against them because you found some Shining Blade rebels who told you that the White Mantle are actually the evildoers, womg!! So you do what they say for a bit until disaster strikes, then listen to the also not at all suspicious Vizier of Orr who inexplicably knows what happened to your Shining Blade allies and what you need to do to help them, so you go running off to the Crystal Desert to Ascend and follow a giant ghost Turai Ossa around doing the crap he couldn’t do, even if it makes no sense (hey, if you can’t stop the ritual to fuse the Vision Crystal pieces after starting it, how about just waiting to start the ritual until I’ve collected them all instead of forcing me to get them all to you within 15 minutes, huh?). And then you do what Glint says and rescue some Shining Blade, and now I guess it’s back to doing what Ican’trememberhername Shining Blade leader says! Oh yeah, I totally feel like I’m in charge of what my character is doing and I’m not just running around being directed by others due to narrative necessity. Ha.

And there’s apparently a 5001 limit on post length, so…

Posted by: GeminiArcher.7809

GeminiArcher.7809

Continuing from that post…

Maybe it’s the fact that Trahearne is actually a stable, consistent character that people don’t like. Or actually, maybe it’s the fact that he’s given as a replacement for your Order mentor, who in most cases is a more engaging character whom people actually like. (Although why people actually like Tybalt is beyond me. When people talk about their character being forced to react in ways that they absolutely would not choose, they never mention him for some reason even though he is the most teeth-grittingly obnoxious example of this, ever! He is a total dunderhead who could easily have gotten me killed and my character is supposed to be cool with this and think he’s an awesome partner, wtf?!)

But yeah, none of what people say about Trahearne is actually true. I don’t know where they get it from. It’s quite clear throughout the storyline that he’s a humble, reluctant leader who values your help greatly because you’re obviously the most reliable and capable person around. He’s the official leader because he’s a neutral party that all the Orders can accept, this is explicitly spelled out for you. And he works closely with you, the most capable person in the army, giving you the important tasks while he basically acts as a figurehead.

Maybe that’s what people don’t like, they don’t like the thought of being ranked beneath a guy who isn’t all Raging Bad-kitten Hulk Smash!!! Because the common gripe of “Trahearne steals all our glory, that thankless kitten” just is not true at all. What does he say when you initiate dialogue with him? “I’m pleased you’re here.” What does he say when you retake Claw Island? “I will make plans with the leaders of the orders and gather troops at that location. You deserve some well-earned rest, my friend. Join me when you are ready, and together, we will find a way to slay Zhaitan.”What does he say to you after you defeat Zhaitan? “The world owes you a great debt, Commander. As long as I am Marshal of the Pact, I will see that debt honored.” I guess this constant reminder of how respectful Trahearne is actually has the opposite effect on some people and makes them unable to respect him because it makes them see him as weak and they therefore disdain everything about him. That does seem to be a trend in modern storytelling- there is no place for respect among comrades, they’ve always got to be snarking and mouthing off as an ironic way of showing they care.

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

I like Trahearne as well and if the Old Business saying there are seven complaints to every one praise was true Trahearne lovers probably outnumber haters. Actually the ratio of like to dislike in complaints to praise can be lower or much higher you have to do studies to find out. I’m shocked that there seams to be no professional polling being done as that is the only way to find out if complainers are with the majority or maybe a tiny but very active minority. And a true business saw is making changes based on complaints can cause people who were happy with the way things were to feel betrayed and not shop again not complain back.

I did like the character being in the talking and the action. It would have been better if the huge amount of time needed to make the NPC’s as you leveled up as powerful or more powerful than you while still leaving you a role I can understand the busness reasons it was not done.
Although healing the NPC’s though the battles is fun if slower than doing it yourself with DPS>

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah and because they dropped it without a fallback S2 left us rather mute. Nice that it’s in place now.

I think we will be calling the shots, after all, most of Tyria have problems with the trees now.

Some of us also play as trees though…

I’m actually torn. I loved living story season 2, and I wanted to help out Anet with stuff but I was like: “NO! I DON’T WANT SPOILERS! I WANT TO WAIT FOR MY CAKE!”

I’m with you there.

jheryn.8390

Uh… I’m going to assume the people here heaping praise on GW1’s story haven’t actually played it in 10 years, because as someone who’s played GW2 everyday for 2 1/2 years, done all the Personal Story and all the Living Story, and acquired GW1 last year… GW1 is nowhere near as good. The story of the Prophecies campaign is disjointed and the writing is just astoundingly bad in places. It’s an old game, yeah, I can cut it some slack, but holding it up as an example of what to emulate… no. No. No. No.

[BIG SNIP]

Your whole post boils down to this.

It wholly your opinion. You have every right to think as you do but it is nothing more.

Even with all your arguments, they still are just expressions of your own experience with GW1.

For myself personally, I am not saying the story in GW2 is any better or worse than the GW1 story lines. I did, however, enjoy those stories more. Your arguments against them in favor of GW2 are not shared by me.

Both games have their own pluses. GW2 obviously has a technological advantage over GW1. Still good story writing, plot development, and peripheral and tangential stories were much more enjoyable in all the GW1 games.

Yes, that is my opinion. I’m not claiming that people like you who think GW2 is so superior to GW1 are lacking or are victims of over gilded nostalgia as you did with people like me.

CrimsonDX.4821

Uh… I’m going to assume the people here heaping praise on GW1’s story haven’t actually played it in 10 years,

Played it all again just before GW2 came out actually while I was doing stuff for HoM

Prophecies has no character development whatsoever.

True, granted GW2 is not much better until you actually get to the LS

Your own character is no better. You have no choices in what you do.

I hate half-baked main characters. I would rather have no choice than half-baked choice. Nothing I do in the GW2 PS makes any real difference outside of race and order selection. Even then those don’t mean anything after a certain point. That is another way that LS2 was better in that it was completely linear. If my choices aren’t going to have lasting impact then don’t even bother.

Maybe it’s the fact that Trahearne is actually a stable, consistent character that people don’t like.

Actually, I like Trahearne.

Maybe that’s what people don’t like, they don’t like the thought of being ranked beneath a guy….

Again I really don’t mind this part. I prefer it actually since it allows my character to have more freedom to go and do what has to be done.

GW1 had an awesome story to me. It was sparse and crappy in places, but it was the best mmo story I had ever played through, and the linearity was a big part of it. Also, GW2’s story feels very disjointed to me. In GW1 (at least in Factions and Nightfall, but still true for Proph if you didn’t skip ahead to much) you where limited in how far you could go without doing the story. In GW2 you can go all the way to Orr without ever touching the PS.

There is also the fact that renown hearts and DEs are a kitten poor replacement for traditional quests imo for story telling purposes. There is no coherence when you can come in half way through a DE chain and complete it without any idea of what is actually going on, and it is incredible easy to accidently complete a heart without being able to talk to the heart person. Not to mention most hearts are so bare bones as to be pointless.

Difference of opinion sure, but I just don’t care for GW2s story or story telling compared to GW1.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

yeah, I really hate the scooby gang thing that Anet have going on how. I want to brutally murder the lot of them.,

Basaltface.2786

yeah, I really hate the scooby gang thing that Anet have going on how. I want to brutally murder the lot of them.,

i dont want to murder them or anything… but they make me feel like a 5th wheel. They get all the cool stuff, story progression and what not and i trot along silently in case something pops up that needs to be killed and watch em talk to eachother…or do miracles.. (taimi and the waypoint system, the teleporting spazz outs of the blonde chick thats so forgetable that i actually cant remember her name and so on) when i should be the one doing all of that… ya know the guys\girls who took down a dragon, fought scarlet, killed countless dragon minions, are high ranked order members and respected members of their race and much more, yet we are degraded from trahearne´s personal shoe polisher to babysitter of the off brand destiny’s edge… feels lame… i hope HoT fixes that

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I loved what I saw of the story in the beta, the character interactions felt so more realistic and appropriate to the situation, gave a sense of urgency and despair. To me it really feels that the presentation of the story has slowly been rising ever since the latter part of LS1, I haven’t cringed in quite a while. I love GW lore (from both games), though felt the personal/living story representation was often lacking at the start. Also loved the tension between the various characters, and especially the suspicion and venom towards the sylvari, the sarcastic ‘sir’ in the dialogue, etc.

Also I liked how right at the start, the player character yells after Braham when he starts running off. Finally the player reacts at stupidity, much love for that. I don’t mind stupid or impulsive characters in the slightest, but it’s really detrimental to the atmosphere of a story when such behaviour is passed off as entirely normal.

Taimi during the LS2 had something similar, she does something stupid, runs off and nearly gets herself killed as a consequence, that’s the stuff I like to see.

The trouble I had with Trahearne wasn’t the character itself or that he stole the glory, I never felt he really did that. It was more that he seemed completely unfitting and uninspirational as a leader. It seemed highly unlikely and really shoehorned in, that all those experienced soldiers that served under him somehow accepted this zero confidence/shy/brooding/withdrawn but somehow all knowing guy. He would’ve been so much better in a scholar/advisor role. Maybe it was due to his unemotional voice lines, but he just seemed to have no charisma to fulfill a leadership role, and yet somehow he did and no one questioned it. Though I found this was already improved on quite a bit, in his Silverwaste cameo. So I have hope for the future.

But yeah, storywriting adds so much to the atmosphere and my enjoyment of GW2, so I’m really happy that it has improved so much. While all the inconspicuous background lore from talking NPC’s and such was always of a good standard, some wacky NPC’s in the past (such as Tybalt …really, the Whispers mentor should’ve been an Elonian human :P – or that cringeworthy sylvari mentor from Priory storyline with her happy yay battle is fun anime attitude) brought the atmosphere down for me. But I waffle as always, loving what I’m seeing recently so keep it up! <3

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

I wish we could get a story as good as the original GW1 campaign. That thing was amazing. Of course GW1 was closer to a real rpg than GW2 is, so I guess that would be asking for a little to much >_>

Gw1 story good ? We must be playing two different game …? Here is how I remember it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4
For all the hater out there you need to remember that you are not the Chosen one you are simply a cog in the machine.

CrimsonDX.4821

Gw1 story good ? We must be playing two different game …? Here is how I remember it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4
For all the hater out there you need to remember that you are not the Chosen one you are simply a cog in the machine.

I liked it better than GW2. Also, I never hated Kormir nor do I dislike Trahearne